Keto

Geofit94
Geofit94 Posts: 1 Member
Hey guys.! I just started this diet called ketogenic! I would like to
Know guys some recipes about this diet! I want to know what do you guys like to eat?

Replies

• Roni19692019
    Roni19692019 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello im new to the keto
    Too and trying to find low carb recipes
  • ashleymj9079
    ashleymj9079 Posts: 1 Member
    I too am new to keto. Started January 2, 2019 alone with IF. I hate veggies so it’s been a struggle. I tend to eat the bun less bacon cheeseburgers like they’re going out of style 😬 Pinterest is a great tool for recipes.
  • erinlane93
    erinlane93 Posts: 170 Member
    Just started Keto today 😊
  • gigilib
    gigilib Posts: 1 Member
    Is aspartame a no-no?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    gigilib wrote: »
    Is aspartame a no-no?

It's fine. Some like it, others don't, but it is zero carb.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    My meals tend to be about the same, but now I leave out the starches and sugars.

I usually skip breakfast although I will have coffee with cream.

Lunch is leftovers, or deli meats and cheese.

Dinner is whatever I make the family but modified a bit. Tacos are eaten as a salad in a bowl with no she'll or side of rice or beans. A steak dinner has no side potato. Cheeseburgers are bunkers. Spaghetti tomato meat sauce is on spaghetti squash instead of noodles, or I just eat the sauce with extra Parmesan. Pizza is fathead pizza, or just eat the toppings. ;)

Good luck.
  • bkabdullah1
    bkabdullah1 Posts: 10 Member
    Hi all. I’m a new here. Just started Keto Diet 1/2/19. Looking for support/advice through this journey. All of you fellow keto followers please friend me as I haven’t learned how to do that yet. Thanks and good luck to you all!
  • barbiecogan88
    barbiecogan88 Posts: 2 Member
    Start with the basics! Stock your fridge up with eggs, meats such as ground beef, chicken thighs, fish, etc. get yourself some heavy whipping cream, replace your breakfast with bulletproof coffee, and eat your greens!
  • wanderingptp
    wanderingptp Posts: 6 Member
    My husband and I have been on the ketogenic diet since December 26. He has lost 5 lbs and I have lost 3 lbs. Best thing to do is read as much as you can on the internet and find recipes and menus that appeal to you. Keep in mind your daily carb intake needs to be below 20 carbs. Lots of meat, fish, chicken and believe it or not, lots of fat - i.e. butter, cream cheese, sour cream, olive oil, avocado oil. The best way to track your progress is to get the premium membership on MFP and make your goals specific to the ketogenic diet. Makes it much easier to see what you are accomplishing and/or what you need to change. Good luck.
  • I started Keto Jan 1st, I’ve lost 8 lbs but I’m sure mostly water weight. Glad to know this feed is here, as a newbie may have questions
  • htbsc1
    htbsc1 Posts: 1 Member
    Just started Leto on January 7th and need some recipes please.
  • mdevlin1990
    mdevlin1990 Posts: 2 Member
    New to it all too! Just started keto when the new year kicked in and loving it already! Finding breakfast getting a bit samey though, anyone got any good breakfast suggestions to switch it up? Mx
  • lsierra601
    lsierra601 Posts: 3 Member
    edited January 2019
    Made shrimp with zoodles. Started with evoo and sautes garlic and a radish (yes a radish - delicious WHO KNEW!!!). Added shrimp, zoodles and when done topped with a little butter, parmesan and lemon. Absolutely delicious. When put in food recipe the whole thing was 447 calories and filling. (Fat-75%, Protein-20%,Carb—5%)
  • mistyrgriffin
    mistyrgriffin Posts: 1 Member
    Finished Day 1 of my attempt at a "keto diet" 🤔 God help me!!

Breakfast:
    3 sausage patties, eggs, cheese, and water (from McDonald's)

Lunch:
    skipped lunch (bad, I know)

Dinner:
    2 original recipe chicken drumsticks and diet Dr. Pepper (from KFC)

Snacks:
    dry roasted unsalted peanuts, unsweetened cherry applesauce, baby carrots

Clearly, I have no Earthly idea what I'm doing.
  • katrina6823
    katrina6823 Posts: 69 Member
    This morning breakfast was cauliflower hashbrowns fried egg and bacon. Actually think I love these better then regular hashbrowns haha
  • Longshore
    Longshore Posts: 221 Member
    edited January 2019
    I have been doing Keto for years. It is one of the easiest LIFESTYLES......for me anyway. I dont call it a diet its just the way i eat. We all know the hardest thing about any new way of eating is being able to stick with it long term. Trust me i know how hard it is for anyone starting keto. Its hard because for most of you your whole life your body has been programed to burn CARBS for fuel. Now your only feeding it 20-30 carbs and thats through green veggies. It takes a week or two for your body to say " OK this SOB is not going to feed me carbs so im going to burn this fat." When you get to this point it is true what they say you lose your hunger totally.
    I go by the 70-25-5 rule 70%-fat,25%-protein,5%-carbs. I also intermittent fast for 16 hours, so i eat in a 8-hour window. Here is my thoughts on IF. When you are feeeding your body every 3 hours whats it going to think "Got this food to burn thanks." Now if im fasted whats your body going to think" This MF is not feeding me so ill burn what he has lots of ......fat" Its funny writing this because I think of it as me vs my body LOL. In a way it kinda is MIND over BODY.

My must haves are
    eggs,bacon,spanich,avocado,coconut oil,cheese, and butter. I have these things probably about every day.

Wife is calling so need to wrap this up any question about anything just friend me and hit me up. I am always willing to help any one that wants to live the NO CARB LIFE :)

• alexismoham
    alexismoham Posts: 35 Member
    kilanys wrote: »
    Been on keto for 5 months. Great result! You need time to adapt for this lifestyle. After a while you will stop feeling hungry and eat once or twice max!

Important ingredients to always have in your kitchen are: eggs, heavy cream, cream cheese, almond/coconut flour, stevia/erythritol, butter, berries, green veggies, nuts, fish and meats.

You can add me here as a friend, I made a lot of Keto recipes that I can share with you (mainly desserts)

Very helpful. Thanks