Meal Preppers! What are you cooking this week?

ee2368
ee2368 Posts: 86 Member
edited January 2019 in Food and Nutrition
What’s on the menu this week? How many days/meals do you prep? Do you prep for the whole week, partial?

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    I usually cook for 2-3 days, depending. So far I'm thinking of
    tonight: baked cauliflour and onion parts with chicken, pearl couscous or small ellbow pasta, cherry tomatoes, spices, maybe feta
    Later this week probably a pasta with tomato base and tuna or sardine.

Depending on the calories of the first I'm sorted for 4-5 days. I also still have one portion of a stew leftover in the freezer
  • Zeebopbiddlywop
    Zeebopbiddlywop Posts: 13 Member
    Pork chops - 2 cooked ones each with rice and veggies.
    Diced pork stir fry.
    Diced steak for fried rice.
    Steak with mashed potatoes I made yesterday.

Everything made, portioned, and frozen for easy meals.
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    I work away from home 10 days at work 4 days at home. I also eat the same thing all the time so it is pretty simple. Most would say boring and not eat the same but I like it and it works for me.
    On the Sunday start of my work shift I cook 16+ lbs of ground turkey and 12 cups (uncooked) quinoa. This is current as I am slow cutting/maintaining. When Bulking its 16+lbs of eye of round steaks and yams or potatoes. Easy as pie cook once every 10 days. At home I eat the same foods for all except dinner where I will cook everyday for the wife and I
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    I'm all about meal planning.

Sunday - (just got done) Coconut Curry Chicken Thighs, Brown Rice, Creamed Spinach and Peas and Carrots.
    Monday - Leftovers from Sunday
    Tuesday - Mexican Quinoa Burrito Bowl with Avocado (Vegan)
    Wednesday - Out to Thai (I usually go Vegan again)
    Thursday - Trying a new recipe with a Brussel Sprout Salad and Maple/Honey Salmon
    Friday - Pasta (gluten free) Alfredo with fresh Broccoli and Mushrooms
    Saturday - Date night
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,363 Member
    I'll prep Tuesday for my work week (W/Th/F this particular week, 12 hr shifts).

9 hard boiled eggs, 3 string cheese, deli meat (chicken probably) and the I need to come up with my main meal for those days. I am thinking chicken taco salad.
  • ee2368
    ee2368 Posts: 86 Member
    I loved all these ideas! I usually cook a few days in advance and then freeze anything past that.

Mon-Wed: Mozzarella/Ham rollups, mashed cauliflower, and parmesan stuffed chicken
    Thurs & Fri: we’ll see ;-)
  • Mollyeverino
    Mollyeverino Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2019
    I cook enough for 4 days for my husband, our 2 year old and me.

Bfast- seasoned ground turkey, scrambled egg whites and hash browns. Topped with cheese and salsa after microwave.

Lunch- deconstructed cheese burger bowls 🙌🏻

Snacks- Dijon salmon w/ Parmesan asparagus or honey crisp apples with cheddar blocks

Dinner- Mediterranean style chicken w/ turmeric rice

I’m a snacker so I have fruit, cottage cheese and skinny pop popcorn on hand when I need to munch something