Monkees Fans??

Replies

• LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    ToniC159 wrote: »
    Hi, I was just wondering if there were any Monkees fans here?

When I recently looked through all my old records, I was really surprised. I didn't find any Monkees albums. But I found this Donny Osmond album. I was hoping I could post a pic of my Monkees album. I swear I have one somewhere. s8si5d36axuo.jpg
  • MonkeeMama1
    MonkeeMama1 Posts: 14 Member
    6vsucc7ym2xp.jpeg
    Happy New Year, gang!!❤️❤️
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    The first gift I ever gave to a girl was a Monkee's album. 1968. Her name was Maggie. I was 13.
  • MonkeeMama1
    Hey guys, sorry I haven’t been around in awhile. I haven’t been doing to good in the losing weight department, although I’ve been trying so hard, just not succeeding at all. I need some serious motivation!!!
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Hey guys, sorry I haven’t been around in awhile. I haven’t been doing to good in the losing weight department, although I’ve been trying so hard, just not succeeding at all. I need some serious motivation!!!

Some tips that helped me: Don’t be too hard on yourself! <3 Just eat what you normally would, no special diets, but eat less and weight loss will take a long time. Think in terms of months/years not days or weeks. Don’t ever drink your calories! If you drink something with calories, count them like you would your food intake. Don’t neglect calories in condiments, sauces or dressings... they count too! Do any exercise you can, even if it’s just walking, it all adds up in the end. Reward yourself with nonfoods like a new blouse, a long bubble bath, an undisturbed nap, read a good book sitting in the park, etc. Start deliberate good habits, after forcing yourself to do them, after awhile they just become second nature. Replace one meal with a really low calorie option. For example I used to have a cucumber with salt and a cup of black tea for breakfast every day back when I was losing weight and that would hold me off until lunchtime, that saved me a lot of calories to enjoy at lunch or dinner time later. Be kind to yourself and take care of your body :) oh, and a cheap food scale is a great tool to use for weight loss!
  • RunsWithBees
    Another Pleasant Valley Sunday...
    :):DB);)
  • MonkeeMama1
    Another Pleasant Valley Sunday...
    :):DB);)

Oh yeah!!❤️❤️

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Hi, I was just wondering if there were any Monkees fans here?

When I recently looked through all my old records, I was really surprised. I didn't find any Monkees albums. But I found this Donny Osmond album. I was hoping I could post a pic of my Monkees album. I swear I have one somewhere. s8si5d36axuo.jpg

I saw the Donny & Marie show in Vegas last year. They were great!
  • RunsWithBees
    l5u1gv0kuf32.jpeg
    Rest In Peace dear Peter, we shall miss you terribly and be forever grateful for the treasured memories you leave us with. We love you! <3
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Pretty sad. He was my favorite. The Ringo of the Monkees.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,582 Member
    Wait. What? Peter Tork died???
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    I used to watch reruns of their TV show on nickelodeon when I was a kid. It was pretty funny.
  • RunsWithBees
    zuc8abhua6b6.jpeg
    🤣🤣🤣
  • SummerTwentyOne
    SummerTwentyOne Posts: 521 Member
    Yes! I’m so glad their popularity are resurrecting!
  • beastier
    beastier Posts: 1,908 Member
    Hey STO
  • MonkeeMama1
    Good morning, my fellow Monkeemaniacs!! How ya all doin’? Still very, very heartbroken over Peter, he was (and still is!) my love❤️❤️ I’ll be around more, I promise!
  • RunsWithBees
    This was many years ago when my kid was little but I carved this pumpkin one Halloween...
    3yvyqba56wqi.jpeg
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Contrary to what I thought in my earlier days I do enjoy some of their music. Pleasant Valley Sunday and Last Train to Clarksville to name two.
  • Josh_2099
    Josh_2099 Posts: 2,073 Member
    Love the Monkees!