Help with nutrition!

So I’ve been working out for about 8 months now 3 days/week. I’m 6ft and started at 162lbs. 167lbs at the moment. I haven’t figured out the nutrition part mostly because I have a very physically demanding job, work 10-11h a day and most of the time can’t stop to take a proper lunch so I bring a cheese and ham and a couple pb&j sandwiches. I don’t have access to a microwave or refrigerator so I feel like I don’t have many options. Thanks for reading and I’d really appreciate any suggestions

Replies

• jdog022
    jdog022 Posts: 693 Member
    edited January 2019
    No, not low carb. 6ft @ 160s and physical job. Any and all carbs

OP- can you down big meals before and after work? What kind of calorie goal are you trying to hit? 5 pounds in 8 months means you can up your calories quite a bit and still gain optimally
  • StargazerB
    StargazerB Posts: 425 Member
    Can you bring protein shakes or ensure with you to work to help get more calories in during your work day?
  • jepy87
    jepy87 Posts: 3 Member
    jdog022 wrote: »
    No, not low carb. 6ft @ 160s and physical job. Any and all carbs

OP- can you down big meals before and after work? What kind of calorie goal are you trying to hit? 5 pounds in 8 months means you can up your calories quite a bit and still gain optimally

Yeah I could do big meals before and after. I’d like to get to 180-190lbs and according to the app I should be hitting 3600 cal/day.