Here we go! Initial Weigh In - January 7

cxwhit3
cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
edited January 2019 in Social Groups
Hi All,
I am hoping to put up the weekly post on Saturdays (here in the US) so that our members across the pond and down under have it ready on their Monday morning.

Please enter your starting weight and your challenge goal weight. Each week, we add another line with our weigh in for the week. Please also add comments each week related to the comments sections below - positive thought, best meal or snack and best work out. The easiest way it to copy and paste, then add a line.

For this first initial weigh in, if you want, please share your goal for the session and your plan (as of today) for achieving that goal. I know plans change sometimes (mine do), but don't be afraid to share what you are thinking right now. Have a great week!

Start Weight:
Challenge Start Weight:
Challenge Goal:

A positive thought for the week:
Healthy snack or meal:
Best workout this week:

Comments

Replies

• poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    I’ll kick off!

Start Weight: 158 (my post-treatment high)
    Challenge Start Weight: 134
    Challenge Goal: 130 and 5k

Comments: Had some kind of vomiting bug last week, only just getting over it now, but still feeling a bit pathetic. No exercise or even activity, and my diet has been mainly “beige food” until last night when we had takeaway pizza. Too exhausted to cook but so hungry!
  • lwh99
    lwh99 Posts: 14 Member
    Morning all,
    I actually started back on 1/2/2019 before I found the group. Weighed 173 lb. that morning. Today's officially the challenge start weight and I've weighed in this morning.

Start Weight: 173 lb.
    Challenge Start Weight: 171 lb.
    Challenge Goal: 155 lb.

"Setting your intention is like drawing an arrow from the quiver of your heart."
    Bruce Black
    (taken from Calm) the meditation app that I love.
  • adnama36
    adnama36 Posts: 32 Member
    Start Weight: 134.5 (1/1/19)
    Challenge Start Weight: 130.5
    Challenge Goal: 125

A positive thought for the week: We’ve got this, ladies!
    Healthy snack or meal: I’m working on increasing my fruit and veggie intake, which tends to be lacking.
    Best workout this week: I’ve been mostly using the elliptical so far, and have added some stretching and yoga poses.
  • sasaimi
    sasaimi Posts: 27 Member
    edited January 2019
    Let's have a great week everyone!

Start Weight: 160 lbs
    Challenge Start Weight: 157.8 lbs
    Challenge Goal: 130 lbs

A positive thought for the week: I think it's going to be a great day! *song by Sean Morey funny

Healthy snack or meal: Apples! Keep doc away

Best workout this week: stretch yoga to calm the mind ^.^
  • bettina8037
    bettina8037 Posts: 34 Member
    Start Weight: 155
    Challenge Start Weight: 127.2
    Challenge Goal: 120ish

A positive thought for the week: I'm sure a lot of us have heard this quote already but I like to always remember: a year from now you will be glad you started today.
    Healthy snack or meal: I've been cooking up a big batch of vegetables (onion, brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, etc. with a large can of diced tomatoes and vegetable broth and then spicing with curry powder, cayenne, and some additional spices. I love the flavor and just add a scoop of protein (usually lentils or beans for me since I'm vegetarian) to complete the meal. I love it!
    Best workout this week: I got lots of weight sets for christmas and have been loving experimenting with them.

Comments: today is my rest day so I am not sure I can get in 10,000 steps like I want to everyday but I will try. I'm quite sore from intense workouts all week so I want to make sure I honor my body and allow it to rest as well.
  • cxwhit3
    lwh99 wrote: »
    Morning all,
    I actually started back on 1/2/2019 before I found the group. Weighed 173 lb. that morning. Today's officially the challenge start weight and I've weighed in this morning.

"Setting your intention is like drawing an arrow from the quiver of your heart."
    Bruce Black

Nice quote! Can you give us a link to the meditation app?
  • cxwhit3

A positive thought for the week: I'm sure a lot of us have heard this quote already but I like to always remember: a year from now you will be glad you started today.
    Healthy snack or meal: I've been cooking up a big batch of vegetables (onion, brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes, etc. with a large can of diced tomatoes and vegetable broth and then spicing with curry powder, cayenne, and some additional spices. I love the flavor and just add a scoop of protein (usually lentils or beans for me since I'm vegetarian) to complete the meal. I love it!
    Best workout this week: I got lots of weight sets for christmas and have been loving experimenting with them.

Comments: today is my rest day so I am not sure I can get in 10,000 steps like I want to everyday but I will try. I'm quite sore from intense workouts all week so I want to make sure I honor my body and allow it to rest as well.

Another good quote!
    I'm assuming you start will all fresh veg since you only mention canned tomatoes? Sounds like a warm winter soup! I read once that warm foods, like soup tend to be more satisfying than cold.
  • taylorgardnerr
    taylorgardnerr Posts: 28 Member
    Start weight: 127 lbs.
    Goal weight: 120 lbs.
    Challenge Goal: 115 lbs.
    Positive thought: I’ve always struggled with starting up my fitness journey and then falling right back into my same habits so just knowing that committing today will make me such happier in the future!
    Favorite Meal: Lovingggg mushrooms and shrimp at the moment!
    Best workout: Lately leg days have been awesome!
  • cxwhit3
    Start Weight: 187.2 (Dec 27, 2017)
    Challenge Start Weight: 176.4
    Challenge Goal: 160 (ambitious, I know)

A positive thought for the week: I'm not going to kick myself for setbacks this session

Plan for the week:
    Healthy snack or meal: Salad every day, nuts and snap peas for snacks
    Best workout this week: Will go to the Y for treadmill walking at least 3 days this week

Comments: I have learned that I do best on a low carb diet so my long term (over this year) is to eliminate added sugar and most processed foods. I'm not an exerciser so if I can form SOME kind or regular habit this year I will be content. Right now I am working on using up the various food items already in my refrigerator and I'm almost there! I ate the last yogurt cup yesterday - 26 grams of sugar. Yikes!

One of the other things I learned last year when I was pretty much cooking everything from scratch was that it made "off diet" items much more difficult to procure (for lack of a better word). If you crave chocolate cake, but have to spend 2 - 3 hours making one, the craving tends to go away.
  • cxwhit3
    I’ll kick off!

Start Weight: 158 (my post-treatment high)
    Challenge Start Weight: 134
    Challenge Goal: 130 and 5k

Comments: Had some kind of vomiting bug last week, only just getting over it now, but still feeling a bit pathetic. No exercise or even activity, and my diet has been mainly “beige food” until last night when we had takeaway pizza. Too exhausted to cook but so hungry!

Sorry you are unwell! Feel better soon!
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Start Weight:200.8 (January 2018)
    Challenge Start Weight:196.0
    Challenge Goal Weight:186.0

A positive thought for the week: Happy New Year!
    Healthy snack or meal: Actual planned snacks! Boiled egg, greek yogurt with walnuts
    Best workout this week: Will be starting to go to the gym this week. Only stationary bike for now, my foot is still healing.

Comments: I am excited for this new year and new challenge. I am going to take it easy on myself and be more forgiving. I will add a little more exercise each week and just stay in my calorie goal. I am more focused on my mental health this round for sure!
  • Avetotustuus
    Avetotustuus Posts: 56 Member
    I honestly don’t remember what my start weight was. I think I hit around 180 in 2016 when I decided I needed to make a change.

Challenge Start Weight: 156
    Challenge Goal: 145

Plan: I’m doing Zumba two days a week, and full-body dumbbell workouts 3 days a week. Other than that, I’m just logging daily and trying to hit my daily step count.
  • bettina8037
    cxwhit3 wrote: »

Another good quote!
    I'm assuming you start will all fresh veg since you only mention canned tomatoes? Sounds like a warm winter soup! I read once that warm foods, like soup tend to be more satisfying than cold.

Yes fresh veggies! And totally agree about warm foods, I much prefer winter foods to summer ones. Soups are so much more satisfying than salads for me.
  • bettina8037
    Start weight: 127 lbs.
    Goal weight: 120 lbs.
    Challenge Goal: 115 lbs.
    Positive thought: I’ve always struggled with starting up my fitness journey and then falling right back into my same habits so just knowing that committing today will make me such happier in the future!
    Favorite Meal: Lovingggg mushrooms and shrimp at the moment!
    Best workout: Lately leg days have been awesome!

Can I ask how tall you are? We have similar stats and goals! I'm 5ft3
  • bettina8037
    Start Weight: 187.2 (Dec 27, 2017)
    Challenge Start Weight: 176.4
    Challenge Goal: 160 (ambitious, I know)

A positive thought for the week: I'm not going to kick myself for setbacks this session

Plan for the week:
    Healthy snack or meal: Salad every day, nuts and snap peas for snacks
    Best workout this week: Will go to the Y for treadmill walking at least 3 days this week

Comments: I have learned that I do best on a low carb diet so my long term (over this year) is to eliminate added sugar and most processed foods. I'm not an exerciser so if I can form SOME kind or regular habit this year I will be content. Right now I am working on using up the various food items already in my refrigerator and I'm almost there! I ate the last yogurt cup yesterday - 26 grams of sugar. Yikes!

One of the other things I learned last year when I was pretty much cooking everything from scratch was that it made "off diet" items much more difficult to procure (for lack of a better word). If you crave chocolate cake, but have to spend 2 - 3 hours making one, the craving tends to go away.

I try to keep added sugars low too, and "nice cream" is my absolute favorite treat at end of day. You can Google for tons of variations but it's just cut up banana frozen and then thrown into food processor till it gets to a frozen yogurt consistency. I add a tbsp cocoa powder and it's delicious! Sweet with no added sugars.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 210 Member
    edited January 2019
    Start Weight: 260.0 (Dec. 2013)
    Challenge Start Weight: 238.4
    Challenge Goal: 226

A positive thought: I’ve got a month till school stress starts, to rev up on exercise.
    A healthy snack/meal: Greek yoghurt with tangerine and slivered almonds.
    My most effective workout this week was: Ballet/aerobic workout and body cycle.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    edited January 2019
    Start Weight: 133 (1/1/19)
    Challenge Start Weight: 131.2
    Challenge Goal: 127

A positive thought: It's after lunch, and I still feel energized and not like a need a nap! Must be the 30 minute walking meeting I took at 10 AM.
    A healthy snack/meal: Buffalo cauliflower---maybe for tonight's Clemson / Alabama game
    My most effective workout this week was: Hmmmm...not sure. I just started doing Jazzercise for cardio and it's great, and I'm doing Dedicate with Yoga with Adriene everyday. Both are good!

I'm 5'4-1/2"

Lisa
  • StayStrong19MFP
    StayStrong19MFP Posts: 30 Member
    I lost my whole long post so I'm going to keep this one short as a test...

Start Weight: 290
    Challenge Start Weight: 180.7
    Challenge Goal: 169.9
  • StayStrong19MFP
    StayStrong19MFP Posts: 30 Member
    I don't eat sugar so my healthy snack would be raw cauliflower or cucumber usually.

My exercise is fairly consistent getting my steps and weights in. Best last week was around 13000.

I'm proud of myself this year because I'm not spending all of January losing what I regained for the first time in my long dieting life. I was good through the holidays and only had a little water weight that was gone by today so I'm starting this challenge with my lowest from last month. :)
  • lwh99
    lwh99 Posts: 14 Member
    lwh99 wrote: »
    Morning all,

Bruce Black

Nice quote! Can you give us a link to the meditation app?

The link is https://www.calm.com/
    I have used this on my iPhone for almost 2 years now. Morning is my favorite time after I get to work. I get to work usually before most so it isn't hard to find a nice quiet spot for the 10 minute sessions.