Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Low Calorie Protein Cheesecake.

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,096Member Member Posts: 7,096Member Member
    stephrout wrote: »
    I don't have protein powder! Is there a substitute I could use do u think? Never tried to make a cheesecake before b I t love this recipe 😀😋

Nope. Without protein powder you are not making this cheesecake.
  • julie9200julie9200 Posts: 62Member Member Posts: 62Member Member
    this is the mixer: https://www.amazon.ca/KitchenAid-Ultra-4-5-Quart-Tilt-Head-Beater/dp/B0199PI5QW

I followed the recipe, mixing for 3 minutes on low and all was fine - turned it off, raised the head, scraped the bowl, lowered the head, locked it, and turned it onto high - next thing I knew, there was a dollop of batter on the floor, and it progressed from there

Since this hasn't happened to anyone else, I guess it's just me

I also have a 4 qt that didn't come with a lid or glass bowl. There is a way to adjust the height of the beaters. I can't remember exactly how to do it because I only did it the one time when I got my mixer, but there's some kind of screw or hinge pin or something that will actually raise or lower your beaters to the correct height. They may need to be adjusted.
  • haviegirlhaviegirl Posts: 230Member Member Posts: 230Member Member
    I made this last evening, following the original recipe (except used Neufchatel because that's what I had), and the result was delicious! Thank you, OP, for sharing this. :)
  • twdlove89twdlove89 Posts: 95Member Member Posts: 95Member Member
    Oh man I’ve gotta try this!!!! I’m a sucker for a cheesecake
    haviegirl wrote: »
    I made this last evening, following the original recipe (except used Neufchatel because that's what I had), and the result was delicious! Thank you, OP, for sharing this. :)

Now experiment that you got the base recipe correct. The options of toppings and mix ins are endless :)
    I’ve just made this and it’s cooling now, smells sooooooo good. I’ve not added any extras to it like blueberries or what not so I can have it with different toppings each time. My father in law lovesss cheesecake so I’ve cut a slice off for him to try. Gonna have a slice tonight with healthy chocolate sauce and some fruit 😁 soooo excited
    twdlove89 wrote: »
    I’ve just made this and it’s cooling now, smells sooooooo good. I’ve not added any extras to it like blueberries or what not so I can have it with different toppings each time. My father in law lovesss cheesecake so I’ve cut a slice off for him to try. Gonna have a slice tonight with healthy chocolate sauce and some fruit 😁 soooo excited

Glad you made it. Let me know how you like it. This gets really good when it sits in the fridge for few hours to set.
    Omg it’s amazing!!!!! I’ve brought 2 slices with me to work for today and tomorrow and some frozen mixed berries 😁😁 this recipe is a life saver!
    Life saver? Naaaa.......... but I am glad to see people still making this :)
  • aidan_abdoaidan_abdo Posts: 2Member Member Posts: 2Member Member
    Do you need the protein powder?
    This looks lush :o
    edited January 21
  • raymax4raymax4 Posts: 6,023Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,023Member, Premium Member
    stephrout wrote: »
    I don't have protein powder! Is there a substitute I could use do u think? Never tried to make a cheesecake before b I t love this recipe 😀😋

get protein powder, you will not be disappointed. pick a flavor you like
  • raymax4raymax4 Posts: 6,023Member, Premium Member Posts: 6,023Member, Premium Member
    Hey I played with your recipe a bit to make ginger cheese cake. I added ground ginger and 3 oz molasses.

!t was great, funny thing though after a day I noticed that the molasses was leaking out of the cake. it is much like the caramelization on the bottom of flan. still it is wonderful.

Have I told you haw much I appreciate your recipe.
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Hey I played with your recipe a bit to make ginger cheese cake. I added ground ginger and 3 oz molasses.

!t was great, funny thing though after a day I noticed that the molasses was leaking out of the cake. it is much like the caramelization on the bottom of flan. still it is wonderful.

Have I told you haw much I appreciate your recipe.

Thanx. I think everyone who tried this and followed the steps, likes it :)
  • EHollander89EHollander89 Posts: 162Member Member Posts: 162Member Member
    I followed your recipe to make a key lime protein cheesecake this weekend. I think it turned out great! I might have over-baked the edges a bit, but overall the taste and texture were spot on! My key lime cheesecake ended up at 229 calories for 6 servings. We also have some chocolate mint cookie protein at home, so I might have to try that flavor next!
    I followed your recipe to make a key lime protein cheesecake this weekend. I think it turned out great! I might have over-baked the edges a bit, but overall the taste and texture were spot on! My key lime cheesecake ended up at 229 calories for 6 servings. We also have some chocolate mint cookie protein at home, so I might have to try that flavor next!

The cake just tastes like the protein powder you use. If you like that flavour, you will like the cake :)
  • LoPotionLoPotion Posts: 26Member Member Posts: 26Member Member
    I know you posted this two years ago, but thanks for sharing! I followed the recipe (from the first page) to the gram and it came out great.

The only thing I forgot to do was beat the mixture on high for a minute. The texture was still fine, though. :)
  • charlottedddcharlotteddd Posts: 148Member Member Posts: 148Member Member
    Sorry if it’s already been addressed, but has anyone tried this recipe with a protein powder that isn’t whey based? I have some pea- based arbonne stuff that I would love to get rid of in a tasty way like this. 😎
    Sorry if it’s already been addressed, but has anyone tried this recipe with a protein powder that isn’t whey based? I have some pea- based arbonne stuff that I would love to get rid of in a tasty way like this. 😎

Yes. It works fine.
  • Beka3695Beka3695 Posts: 1,754Member Member Posts: 1,754Member Member
    I haven't made this in about a year. I am so glad the thread is still going strong!! Making this TONIGHT!!
  • sierrans2210sierrans2210 Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    wbx9pgkif8vg.jpeg Made this this afternoon - made a bit extra (about 1.5x the original), skipped the vanilla extract since I didn’t have any, and replaced the Greek yogurt with Skyr (Icelandic yogurt, which is still quite high in protein)! Didn’t add anything in, so that I can use different jams/fruit/peanut butter/cocoa flavours :) from the recipe that I made, each slice is 188 cal and 15g protein! Thanks OP!