Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    psuLemon wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Thanks @psuLemon I actually started watching but only got about half-way through and forgot about it! He has a new program called Booty by Bret, not sure if that's the one you are talking about or he is coming out with another one? Anyhow right now it's not in my budget, but I think for my next bulk in 2020 I will look into it :)

Booty sounds right. It was a quick reference and since I don't focus on my booty, I didn't decide to write it down.

@sardelsa and the ladies, i also meant to mention, if you dont follow Stephanie Buttmore, it might be worth it. She has a glute/lower body hypertrophy focused workout plan. A lot of her plans arw coordinated/co-designed with her boyfriend Jeff Nippard. She has a PhD in something related to women and hormones. So her advice and knowledge is very tailored.

Lol, Buttmore? Ridiculously appropriate last name

I figured it was a pseudonym. :D
  • quiksylver296
    edited January 2019
    All right. It's the first Monday of the new year. This is the day I get serious! 193.0 this morning. Under 185 by Feb 16 is goal. :#

Today's food is pre-logged and calories and macros are on point. Now to just stick to it!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Thanks @psuLemon I actually started watching but only got about half-way through and forgot about it! He has a new program called Booty by Bret, not sure if that's the one you are talking about or he is coming out with another one? Anyhow right now it's not in my budget, but I think for my next bulk in 2020 I will look into it :)

Booty sounds right. It was a quick reference and since I don't focus on my booty, I didn't decide to write it down.

@sardelsa and the ladies, i also meant to mention, if you dont follow Stephanie Buttmore, it might be worth it. She has a glute/lower body hypertrophy focused workout plan. A lot of her plans arw coordinated/co-designed with her boyfriend Jeff Nippard. She has a PhD in something related to women and hormones. So her advice and knowledge is very tailored.

Thanks! Yea I've heard of her and seen some of her videos but I haven't checked her out lately
  • edickson76
    edickson76 Posts: 107 Member
    Her last name is Buttermore.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Why don't you just wake up in the morning hit the station bike for 20 before eating to melt the fat and keep low sodium for the next couple weeks you will be ripped as ever!

I just eat less over time to lose fat. I don't do well with fasted cardio. And I don't need to lose water, it makes my glutes look flat...not what I am going for.
  • quiksylver296
    Why don't you just wake up in the morning hit the station bike for 20 before eating to melt the fat and keep low sodium for the next couple weeks you will be ripped as ever!

I get up at 3:45 and hit the gym for 1.5 hours, fasted. Then I return after work for another hour or so. I need extra sodium so I don't cramp. I weigh and log my food to lose weight.
    Fasted cardio has no effect on weight loss versus fed cardio. #science
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    And, just for fun, Brad Schoenfeld's scientific study on fasted cardio. May want to read through this, @longhorns34112.

https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-014-0054-7

tspfyf3j47mi.png