Meal Preppers! What are you cooking this week?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    I only prep lunch. It's usually chicken on the smoker. Today my chicken is paired with a baked potato. Tomorrow it's frozen veggies. Then maybe a wrap or salad, haven't decided.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    I prep breakfast (a tray of zucchini chia chocolate muffins), and lunch- this week tikka masala for 2 lunches, and my mother made a huge pot of split pea soup so I've got that portioned out for three lunches to be accompanies by ham sandwiches.
    I also boiled eggs, and have chow chow in single servings ready to go, then an apple, and orange and I'm good to go.
    Dinner I don't prep- I tend to have soup or something easy.
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    I lunch prep every week. This week, my boyfriend and I are ganging up and making 10 lunches of the same recipe: honey sriracha meatballs! We’re also making Asian stir fried veggies to go alongside.

rdbqo4uuceoc.jpeg
    03bbbwvzamay.jpeg

Looks delicious, can I get a recipe ?
  • kjt1972
    kjt1972 Posts: 3 Member
    I typically make some kind of egg bake every week: whole eggs, plus egg whites, spinach, peppers, turkey or chicken sausage with a little cheese on top. If it is a workout day, I will add a piece of avocado toast with trader joe's everything bagel seasoning.
    This week I made up a couple of low carb/whole wheat tortillas with turkey breast, lettuce, avocado and a little basil aoili. I also plan to make up a couple of greek salads with chicken, peppers, cucumbers, a little feta cheese, kalamata olives with a balsamic dressing.
  • amcarpla
    amcarpla Posts: 8 Member
    I lunch prep every week. This week, my boyfriend and I are ganging up and making 10 lunches of the same recipe: honey sriracha meatballs! We’re also making Asian stir fried veggies to go alongside.

omg! these look amazing! Where did you get the recipe?
  • VirginiasMom
    VirginiasMom Posts: 23 Member
    Not sure it would be meal prep necessarily but I batch cook dinners - this week it's:
    • Chicken with veggies (Carrots, green beans and brussel sprouts)
    • Not Lasagna - this is basically zoodles, spaghetti squash, roasted eggplant, onion sauteed with ground turkey with a jar of low calorie pasta sauce on top and sprinkled with parmesan
    • Chicken cauliflower fried rice

I did prep curried cauliflower asparagus soup for lunch this week (I also make a salad fresh daily).
  • ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,807 Member
    sarahows3 wrote: »
    I always prep my work lunches for the week. Tend to keep a bank of various potioned soups in the freezer for this time of year. Made 5 portions of spicy sweet potato and black bean soup today. My lunch is a surprise every day as they are all in the same containers.

This.

Usually on Sunday I make a pot full of soup. In my freezer right now I have portions of mushroom chicken soup, borsht, carrot orange ginger, and tomato. My lunches for the week.

Breakfasts are usually the same: plain yoghurt and a cup of some type of berry, or a slice of protein cheesecake, with berries.

I had a craving on the weekend for homemade mac and cheese because I had all these bits of cheese left over from Christmas. I made a big dish of that yesterday using cream cheese, smoked cheddar, and gouda. Amazing!! I'll eat the leftovers during the week.
  • smedlund
    smedlund Posts: 122 Member
    The goal is to prep what I can on Sundays for the week so we don't eat out a lot (if at all). This week we are having spaghetti (I am doing zoodles instead of noodles), honey mustard chicken sheet pan dish, sweet thai chili chicken stir fry, eggroll in a bowl (with ground lamb), and fish and veg. My stepson is with us Sunday through Wednesday (and every other Saturday) so I tend to do the kid friendly chicken meals those nights.

I also like to make a big pot of something for my lunches and use my personal crockpot food warmer to have a good hearty meal. This week I am doing a lower carb veggie chili with Morningstar Farms veggie crumbles. It's really good.

Breakfasts will most likely be hardboiled eggs, since they are easy and I steamed a bunch of eggs last night, or protein chia seed pudding.

Veggies, fruit, and/or cottage cheese as a snack.
  • smedlund
    smedlund Posts: 122 Member

rdbqo4uuceoc.jpeg
    03bbbwvzamay.jpeg

This looks amazing. Would love to see the recipe!
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Alright, I’ve got the week planned out. We’ll be having:

Spaghetti Squash w/ Chicken Marinara
    Bean & Butternut Squash Quesadillas
    Southwest Chicken Skillet
    Ratatouille
    Cheesy Beef Quinoa
    Sweet Potato Lentils
    Spaghetti w/ Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
    ... along with a meal or two of leftovers.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    amcarpla wrote: »

omg! these look amazing! Where did you get the recipe?
    smedlund wrote: »

rdbqo4uuceoc.jpeg
    03bbbwvzamay.jpeg

This looks amazing. Would love to see the recipe!

Here you go!! https://www.eatyourselfskinny.com/honey-sriracha-glazed-meatballs/

I fried the meatballs instead of baking 😘
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    This week’s meal lineup is:
    Spaghetti Squash w/ Chicken Marinara **
    Lemon Butter Tilapia with Rice & Steamed Veg.
    Chicken & Black Bean Quesadillas
    Crockpot “Baked” Penne
    Southwest Turkey Skillet
    Parmesan Chicken & Rice

** DS6 begged for a repeat of this one, so I happily obliged!

We never got around to the cheesy beef quinoa or ratatouille last week - we had lots of leftovers! If we end up “short” a meal this week I’ll make one of those.
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    dteyhx44vy70.jpeg
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    I prep on Saturday or Sunday for the following week, always my breakfasts and lunches - sometimes dinner too. Usually I'm on my own for dinner with my 3 yr old (my husband works most evenings) so sometimes I'll make a big batch on Monday and have leftovers the rest of the week.

This week is pretty simple..
    breakfasts: store bought cups of Greek yogurt
    lunch: I seasoned chicken breasts and "grilled" them on the George Foreman and made a simple bbq/honey mustard sauce to dip it in. Then I seasoned and roasted sweet potato wedges
    dinner: I made a homemade Hamburger Helper (noodles, ground turkey and a cheesy sauce) and will have leftovers the rest of the week, paired with a simple salad of romaine, homemade croutons, cheese & Catalina dressing

I plan my meals the week before then grocery shop and prep on the weekend.. it's changed my life. Made things so much simpler. I do cook 2 dinners a week, when my husband is home, and I do plan those out too but don't prep them.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,028 Member
    I prep for Sunday-Friday on the weekend. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and dessert.

Breakfast: Plain greek yogurt w chocolate PB2 and banana, grapes, 2 egg whites, turkey sausage
    Lunch/Dinner (rotated through the week): BLT with turkey bacon and avocado/mayo spread and popchips; soups (doing a leftover freezer cleanout this week); Cajun chicken with sweet potatoes, broccolini and avocado
    Snack: cheddar cheese stick, grapes, and one of these mini muffins I make using cake mix and a can of pumpkin
    Dessert: a couple more of those mini muffins

I plan the menu the week before, shop on Saturday, and start cooking Sunday morning with breakfast. Once I have breakfast and a couple cups of coffee, I finish the other meals. It takes a few hours but I also work at a pretty leisurely pace. I really enjoy cooking but really dislike the obligation to cook every night.

My go-to sites for recipes: peanutbutterandfitness.com, pinchofyum.com, amyshealthybaking.com, and a random collection I have accrued on a pinterest board.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Homemade spicy turkey italian sausage, breakfast egg patties, beans/rice and yogurt.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i have a bbq peach chicken thing in the crock pot for tonight. later this week (trying to think of what i have in freezer prepped) ... a tater tot casserole, a pork loin (2 different kinds i think), chili, theres a chicken tettrazini type thing in there i think too. probably 2 weeks worth of food in there, its just deciding it sounds good to me on any given day. Ive been good and not made MORE meals so im being forced to use whats in there (which was my plan in not doing groceries last week lol)
  • Mollyeverino
    Mollyeverino Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2019
    kjt1972 wrote: »
    I typically make some kind of egg bake every week: whole eggs, plus egg whites, spinach, peppers, turkey or chicken sausage with a little cheese on top. If it is a workout day, I will add a piece of avocado toast with trader joe's everything bagel seasoning.

Yes! The Everything bagel seasoning is the best! I put it on... almost everything 😂
  • Mollyeverino
    Mollyeverino Posts: 22 Member
    Got my meal plan ready for the upcoming week!

Bfast- hubby will get ground turkey and egg whites. I’ll have cottage cheese, aidell’s chicken & apple sausage and a hard boiled egg with T.J. everything bagel seasoning.

Lunch- Greek grilled chicken pitas w/ coconut turmeric rice

Dinner- pot roast with Cauliflower mash

Snacks- ground sirloin w/ Ragu and pita chips, ham and pimento cheese spread pinwheels, veggies and hummus