Do you drink coffee? Why or why not?

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    I do consume vast quantities of coffee. Afternoons I switch to decaf.
  • BMsJourney
    BMsJourney Posts: 106 Member
    Don't drink it, because I don't really like it.
  • Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    BMsJourney wrote: »
    Don't drink it, because I don't really like it.

Awesome...that means more for me :-)
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    I tried it once when I was 5 and then again when I was 20 and it still tasted awful.

I'm all in for coffee ice cream/frozen yogurt or hard candies tho.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited January 2019
    I like coffee. Sometimes I feel I really just enjoy the habit of it too, just having a nice hot cup of coffee. Something about it is so wonderful lol. I am pregnant right now and have lost my taste for it unfortunately/fortunately.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    I love coffee. When I was little my mom used to host the neighborhood ladies over in the evenings for coffee (aka get away from the kids and gossip). She had a huge coffee urn and while the ladies were in the living room my brother and sister and I would be out in the kitchen sneaking tastes of coffee from the urn.

Now I drink some every day - we have a fancy espresso machine at work and I make myself a three-shot iced coffee.

I have strong opinions about how lattes should be made and have given up ordering them when out because it ticks me off so much to get a cappuccino when I ordered a latte. I decided I was heading into crazy-lady territory arguing with baristas, so I just stopped ordering them.
  • nrtauthor
    nrtauthor Posts: 159 Member
    If I drank coffee it would be 30% coffee, 70% cream. LOL. The taste just doesn't appeal to me at all. I will, however, drink it black when I have a migraine. The caffeine helps the pain meds do their job so it's like medicine in that context.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Drink it daily, one strong cup at home using drip method. Italian Roast dude currently. When I buy, I’m a Peetnick and order their Cafe Americano, larege of course.

Again, one cup a day. I don’t enjoy a second cup like the first. Early every morning and STRONG AND STRAIGHT!
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    I don't drink coffee because I don't like it...not for any specific health reason.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    I drink a lot of coffee - mostly drip from beans I grind and usually black. I'm not fond of flavored coffees at all. Been drinking coffee since I was about 10 and now it's just a habit. My doctor told me that of all the addictions I could have, caffeine is the one she worries about least.

I did try cutting down to see if it would help with my reflux. It didn't so I just keep drinking it. I love coffee.

• SpicyWater
    SpicyWater Posts: 99 Member
    I've been a caffeine addict since high school - then, I had one ultra-strong cup with breakfast before school, percolated by my dad. It was kind of a bonding thing for us. In college I averaged 7-8 cups - I was so desensitized to it. I love the flavor, the smell, the warmth - what's not to like, really. I do drink it with a little cream (1.5 tbsp for 12 ounces). Once I got my desk job I got back down to 12oz in the morning - which felt a lot healthier. Currently I'm not drinking any coffee cause I'm growing a tiny human ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I miss it but ah well
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    I’ve had to curb some of my caffeine intake recently but nothing gets me out of bed sooner than knowing that a hot cup of coffee is in the kitchen.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yes, because it helps me not feel hungry in the morning and I like the way it tastes. I like it black. I used to be an occasional coffee drinker, now I'm a daily coffee drinker. I've always liked it, but didn't think the work that goes into making it was something I wanted to do every morning, so I only drank it when I was in the mood. I'm not really worried about any of the healthy/unhealthy hype surrounding it. Such claims are more often than not overblown if not completely wrong.

At one point I had to switch to decaf for a while. Apparently, my caffeine tolerance suddenly goes way down when I'm having an anxiety flare up. like, a single cup leaves me all jittery. I have since gone back to normal coffee, but at least I know what to expect next time my tolerance changes.
  • azzeazsaleh5429
    azzeazsaleh5429 Posts: 77 Member
    after joining mfp I switched to black coffee no sugar too. At first it was bitter but then I got used to it. Now I drink when I wake up and before I work out. The I follow with another cup of decaf after a meal or if I want to curb my hunger.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    1. Tastes deliscious.
    2. Makes me less stabby.
    3. Provides quick energy boost.

I savor the ritual around making coffee. I like grinding. Getting the water to perfect temperature and then filtering/pressing all to sit and relax and drink in peace while I sort out the day.

Seriously just made me think of Tweek Bros Coffee there, lol. I like my coffee fresh. Fresh like a spring rain, or the cool breeze of the Rockies...

I love my coffee, drink it daily. I love the flavour. I love the warmth. It's my comforting morning ritual. I can drink it any way I can get it. Although I prefer cream and sweetner. I would drink it decaf if I couldn't do caffiene for some reason. I would be very sad to have to give up my coffee.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    I love a hot cup of coffee in the morning - then maybe one in evening...but don't like to start my day without that first and only cup in am.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,977 Member
    I drink coffee - usually 3 or 4 per day.
    Weak instant coffee mostly with a bought cappacinno now and then.

Why?
    I like it
    Habit
    caffeine is mildly addictive
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2019
    Love it black. Don’t see the point in decaf.