Do you drink coffee? Why or why not?

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I LOVE coffee- it is my favorite drink- I drink at least 2 cups a day- sometimes more when I drink decaf- love all the different flavored coffees out there- always experimenting with coffees
  • jryepin93
    jryepin93 Posts: 73 Member
    I used to drink it daily all last year. Weaned myself off of it though cause it caused my anxiety to flare up pretty badly!
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    I drink black coffee every day. I have a toddler. I don't know how people survive sleep deprivation without coffee unless they're drinking a lot of caffeinated tea...
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    I don't drink coffee because I don't like it. It just tastes bitter to me. (I'm a supertaster; a lot of things taste bitter to me. I also don't drink alcohol for the same reason.)

I do drink a lot of tea, though. Black tea in the morning, and decaf or herbal after noon.
  • glasscast
    glasscast Posts: 16 Member
    i used to drink it every day! i still would like a morning cuppa, but my medication interacts badly with caffeine and makes me nauseous and shaky, so i can't have it anymore. i've been thinking of trying decaf.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    I drink it to focus better, that ADHD life yo.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member

^^ Also this. Been self medicating for years. LOL
  • raelynnsmama52512

I take 2 high dosage stimulants every day too, the coffee just stays as one of my favorite habits, besides vaping lol
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member

I take 2 high dosage stimulants every day too, the coffee just stays as one of my favorite habits, besides vaping lol

Finally broke down and got stimulants a few months back... Coffee just wasn't cutting it anymore. Mind. Blown. Like someone turned the lights on or something! I was a little worried I would have to give up my coffee habit, because they werent playing nicely together at first. But I've got everything adjusted nicely now. *whew*. I would have probably swapped to decaf just to have that daily cup of warm. Tea just isn't the same...
  • raelynnsmama52512

Finally broke down and got stimulants a few months back... Coffee just wasn't cutting it anymore. Mind. Blown. Like someone turned the lights on or something! I was a little worried I would have to give up my coffee habit, because they werent playing nicely together at first. But I've got everything adjusted nicely now. *whew*. I would have probably swapped to decaf just to have that daily cup of warm. Tea just isn't the same...

I totally feel you! It’s a whole new experience when you finally get on medication that works. Like, “is this how my brain is supposed to work? This is amazing, I can get so much done now!” I legit cried the first time I got on medication, because I finally felt like I was functioning and not chasing “squirrels” all the time.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    I only drink it occasionally, maybe once every week or two. I used to never drink it. I am more into black tea. When I do drink it I have to have milk or cream and sugar.
  • Mike1804
    Mike1804 Posts: 114 Member
    It’s the perfect pre-workout for my 5:30a workouts. Of course, that’s after a big glass of water... Couldn’t live without it
  • RoxyWhoShrinkyDink
    RoxyWhoShrinkyDink Posts: 23 Member
    1. Deliciousness
    2. ADHD
    3. I don't like that whole prison idea
    4. I teach tiny autistic humans and I need to be in the best mood possible
    5. I can't sleep without my nightly cup or be calm and happy without my morning 1-4 cups and afternoon cups.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Yes LOVE coffee!
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,003 Member
    I don't drink coffee because it gives me the shakes
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Nope because I don't like the taste of it.
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    I cannot stand the smell or taste of coffee.... so I get my caffeine in my preworkout.
  • shelbydodgeguy
    shelbydodgeguy Posts: 194 Member
    I've been a coffee drinker since I was around 12. Used to drink several pots a day, now I'm down to a cup or two a day and days like today I didn't drink any. I'm not too much of a snob about it though, but I do prefer Moka Pot brewed and Turkish coffee.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    Habit and, since I drink it black, it has virtually no cals and I can drink as much of it as I like.