Show me your cal. Counted meals

Looking for inspiration and maybe new recipes. High calorie,low calorie doesnt matter as long as you know the calorie. Extra props for the recipe/breakdown. Doesnt have to look pretty. Show me whatchya got.

Replies

• FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    I’m making vegetable soup tonight, it’s surprisingly tasty! Since it’s been so chilly out I’ve been on a cold weather comfort food kick.
    Recipe here —-> https://www.cookingclassy.com/vegetable-soup/
    q7m0qwljetyt.png
  • RandomBotUser
    RandomBotUser Posts: 17 Member
    That does look good. Its freezing here and slammed with snow storm. So I've been on a warm comfort kick too.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i dont recall if my diary is open to all members but i know it is for friends. feel free to add me if you really want to know what i eat LMAO

most of my dinners are in the recipe builder, though possibly with some modifications form the original. I can usually find the link to the original (if it was one i found online, and most are)
  • Ducks47
    Ducks47 Posts: 131 Member
    Serving white rice (160)
    veg of your choice (I like carrot, pea, mushroom) (50)
    an egg (or two) (75)
    kimchi (100)
    splash of soy (5)
    oil (65)
    =455 calories

Cook veg, eggs in the oil. Cook rice in rice cooker or pot. Squeeze kimchi juice into a bowl and chop up the kimchi veg. Chuck cooked rice into pot of veg, egg, oil. Pop in some garlic, pepper if you want. Pour kimchi juice and soy sauce in. Mix in your chopped up kimchi veg. You have kimchi fried rice.
  • RandomBotUser
    Ducks47 wrote: »
    Serving white rice (160)
    veg of your choice (I like carrot, pea, mushroom) (50)
    an egg (or two) (75)
    kimchi (100)
    splash of soy (5)
    oil (65)
    =455 calories

Cook veg, eggs in the oil. Cook rice in rice cooker or pot. Squeeze kimchi juice into a bowl and chop up the kimchi veg. Chuck cooked rice into pot of veg, egg, oil. Pop in some garlic, pepper if you want. Pour kimchi juice and soy sauce in. Mix in your chopped up kimchi veg. You have kimchi fried rice.

I have never heard of kimchi........ I will run to google now cause this sounds good lol
  • RandomBotUser
    I feel so bland with my dinners. Its normally the usual... chilli, burgers, taco, meatloaf, pasghetti, or prepackaged meals. I love when I see or hear of fancy meals. I've never had eggs on food other than toast with breakfast. I need to break from my comfort zone so this thread will help me.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    edited January 2019
    My diary is open to friends; feel free to add me! We’ve been cooking nearly every meal at home (we allot one meal a week to “eating out”).

ETA: Screen shot from my “recipes” tab to give you an idea of what I have listed...hfx12hdpd43b.jpeg
  • RandomBotUser
    We are big eaters of any squash so I will def. Add you for new recipes and iseas!
  • cannedgoo
    cannedgoo Posts: 72 Member
    I like spicy foods and runny eggs, but I’ll admit it’s not for everyone
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Creamy Tomato Soup 1 Cup 100 calories
    1 slice Sourdough bread with chedder cheese (grilled) 180

Total 280...great for easy light dinner
  • RandomBotUser
    I've never had sourdough that I can remember. My shopping list is getting long but i'm so excited to meal plan these in.
  • monicapiazza
    monicapiazza Posts: 92 Member
    I've never had sourdough that I can remember. My shopping list is getting long but i'm so excited to meal plan these in.
    I would keep to your fave meals and snacks but just adjusting the portions to fit within your calories 💕
  • RandomBotUser
    I would keep to your fave meals and snacks but just adjusting the portions to fit within your calories 💕

My favorite meals and snacks I stick with and adjust them into my calorie goals so I can eat pizza, cookies,cake, etc, guilt free as long as it's my calories. I'm just looking for new recipes I've never had before. I love cooking and is my passion so I want to expand and explore the horizon for my options.
  • PokerChris
    PokerChris Posts: 120 Member
    Here’s one of my favorites.
  • ChrysalisCove
    eckux1fqjytm.jpeg

Brown Sugar Glazed Salmon w/ Brown Rice & Mixed Vegetables - 642 Cal.
  • ChrysalisCove
    edited January 2019
    Lemon butter tilapia with rice and mixed vegetables: 576cal