Yoga with Adriene 2019 30 Day Journey

Adriene started Dedicate 30 day Yoga Journey yesterday Jan 2 on YouTube. Her channel is Yoga with Adriene. If you'd like to join just watch her vids. I did the first one yesterday and look forward to today! Join us. People all over world are joining in!

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    I just finished the 30 day journey on the first and started dedicate yesterday. I already have yoga camp and revolution bookmarked to keep going. Somewhere in there, I am also looking forward to redoing the 30 day journey so that I can do some if the stuff I couldn't do the first time through.
  • Bann554
    Bann554 Posts: 44 Member
    edited January 2019
    That's great. I didn't expect a response because I don't know how to create a challenge. I'm going to check that later. Nice to know someone else is on the journey too! Also, only do what you can I started yesterday because I have bronchitis and I felt good when I finished. It helped my breathing! I'm also 67!
  • Bann554
    Finished Day three! I find that breathing is the thing that expands. Since I have bronchitis right now, I find this helpful.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    I’m doing it too - I did 3 of her other challenges last autumn/winter (ok it might take me a little more than 30 days - maybe 35 - to complete each one) and thought it would be good to do one more ‘real time’.

I’m actually finding this one harder as ahe is talking so long in each pose and so holding them for longer (!) - or maybe I am just noticing the break from yoga over xmas...

Happy bending!
  • Slimtara
    Slimtara Posts: 44 Member
    It’s a great global challenge!
    I started “Dedicate” today (a bit late) in the UK and my pal in Indiana USA is starting her journey tonight!

I have been practicing yoga on and off for 20 years and found the pace and strength of the class just the right amount of challenge and awareness. Bring on 2019!

• concordancia
    I did day 3 yesterday, then my husband joined me for a more gentle restorative yoga in the evening. I broke him playing tennis :(
  • Lutielu
    Lutielu Posts: 188 Member
    I love Adriene! I do her videos all the time
  • invaderbree
    invaderbree Posts: 27 Member
    Love her channel! I feel so relaxed after them
  • Bann554
    Hi. Great to hear from you all. I've been doing them at night. I find they help me sleep! Day 5 was challenging, but I made adjustments for poses I can't do. I cannot hover my knees in the air with my toes bent. :o Has anyone joined the group? It not facebook. It's another social group.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    I am in. I am on day 4. my goal is to do the days as i can so it will take me more than 30 days. tomorrow i will hit a yoga class so day 5 will only happen wednesday. i am sure some days i'll miss as well.
  • concordancia
    Day 6 kicked my kitten. Arms were already sore from day 5 and I do not have any of steel. Hoping the seventh day is a day of rest!
  • hannahtruloff
    hannahtruloff Posts: 2 Member
    I would like to start this! I have seen a few of her videos and enjoy her teaching.
  • jupiterstar13
    jupiterstar13 Posts: 3 Member
    Yes!! I didn't know this message board existed! I love her morning yoga routines :)
  • Bann554
    edited January 2019
    Quite honestly. I just posted it and wasn't sure how to create a board! I did day 6 last night. I do them at night. They help me sleep. #6 was challenging. I can't hover. I can go into that from downward facing dog. If you haven't started, dont get hung up on the day just start st day one
    I looked at day 7 I'll do that tonight! Happy Yoga Journey ya'll! I Sent a hug out to all. Thanks for posting!
  • concordancia
    Day 7 was flow, so there was sweat, even in my cold living room, but not the strength that day 6 demanded.
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Shoot I missed it! I think I will save it for next month when I'm done with this 30-day Fitness Blender program.
  • Bann554
    Hi everyone. Day 7 was challenging and yes Concordancia I sweat like crazy too. Whatalazyidiot, you can start whenever you want. Never heard of the program you're doing. Good luck with it!. I completed day 8. It wasn't too bad except there's no way in earth I can bend all the over with my head on ground. Fortunately, I made my own adjustments. I use my straps to pull me over when I need too. I don't stress as long as I'm moving! Thanks again for the posts, they keep me going.
  • concordancia
    I so needed day 8 to be like this. I even did it a second time with my husband. Evidently, it energized him. Usually when he wants to go fo an evening walk it is about a mile. Tonight was nearly 4 miles.
  • I’m starting this today! Is it easy enough for beginners? I’ve done a Pilates course before and loved it!
  • leahe23
    leahe23 Posts: 10 Member
    I love Adrienne! I've done her other 30 day programs, but never in 30 days. I have a bad back, so if it tells me to rest, I try to do that. I was trying to do it in the morning, but maybe I'll try tonight before bed. 🤗