Looking for people around 1200-1300 cals a day

Replies

• Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Is this amount of calories recommended for people who work out regularly?

I eat back my exercise calories. So on days I workout I do eat more but it’s still a net of 1200-1300.
  • My goal is 1280. I’m having a hard time with breakfast. I usually only drink coffee for breakfast. Feel free to add me as a friend 😊
  • _CFraser_
    _CFraser_ Posts: 4 Member
    Hi! My goal is 1200 calories a day, but i do tend to go over on weekends (when i try to stay below 1600 calories at least). I also need an accountability buddy! Feel free to add me :)
  • wolfkms
    wolfkms Posts: 3 Member
    I'm at 1250 a day, feel free to add me. I too can use some help to stay on track.
  • ShopGirl9999
    ShopGirl9999 Posts: 775 Member
    Hi, I eat 1200 to 1500 depending on workouts. Average 1300. Add me if you like!
  • crystalgulliver
    crystalgulliver Posts: 45 Member
    1200 - want to lose around 10-14 lbs :) X
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    hey I am at 1200 please add me. Would love to be friends
  • HelenaCatherine165
    HelenaCatherine165 Posts: 12 Member
    Hi I'm 1200, I'm 5ft2 and sedentary.
  • lettie82
    lettie82 Posts: 2 Member
    My goal is 1200-1300 per day. Feel free to add me too :)
  • ksales507
    ksales507 Posts: 10 Member
    My goal is 1200. 4’11” Anyone here can add me!
  • ashley_eventing
    ashley_eventing Posts: 12 Member
    My goal is 1200 a day! Add me!
  • Keylimecoconut
    Keylimecoconut Posts: 6 Member
    I lost 80 pounds a couple of years ago. 1200 calories a day worked like magic. Coasted for a while and now it's time to drop the last 20. Add me:)
  • NSthingoldline
    NSthingoldline Posts: 101 Member
    I'm at 1240 and my diary is open. Feel free to add me.
  • thatjodiegirl
    thatjodiegirl Posts: 95 Member
    You can add me. I'm at 1240 calories per day. I am 46 years old with arthritis, but I've lost 23 pounds since September. I make it to the gym 3-4 days per week.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member

MFP is designed to recommend PRE-exercise calorie targets based on your profile information (how tall, current weight, type of daily life, how much you say you want to lose per week)

When you log your exercise, it adds those calories into your "target totals" for the day. So the more you do, the more you can eat. Someone above said her target is in this range / she eats ~1700 due to exercise.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Re above, hopefully once you get going, your brain will do the switch from "do more so that I can eat more" into "healthy, active-lifestyle mode" where you "eat more so that you can do more of what you love doing"
  • BreadLady41
    BreadLady41 Posts: 10 Member
    that's where I am, too. Well - where I should be. Off to a rocky start. lol BUT... the goal is to lose about 80 pounds and 1200 calories is enough for me to feel full when I make good choices (I haven't made good choices yet this year...). So here I am. :)
  • Alia_R
    Alia_R Posts: 410 Member
    1200 is pretty hard to maintain, especially if you're active. Your body needs its calories (not saying to splurge or anything). I've tried having it @ 1200 calories for awhile but I found that as I was losing the weight and increasing my activity level , I had no energy to do anything afterwards. So 1200 calories is pretty low in my opinion.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member

no,for most that amount will be for women who are very short,elderly .sedentary or a combo of the 3. for those who workout regularly they need to eat more. (that means for many eating back 50% or more of their exercise calories).
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member

No, I think that would be anywhere from 1400 to 2000 depending on the intensity of a workout