8 week blood sugar diet

Has anyone tried this diet....what's your views ? Your health ? Weight loss ?

Replies

• sineadfoster925
    sineadfoster925 Posts: 19 Member
    7lb wow...well done, im needing to quickly shift some baby weight in time for my holiday, i started 2 days ago n lost 2lb but I'm starving, mostly at night/early morning, any tips ? Will it pass ?.
  • sineadfoster925
    sineadfoster925 Posts: 19 Member
    mywayroche wrote: »
    Started by a doctor eh? Do you know how many semesters are devoted to nutritional science for UK doctors? I do, it's zero

I believe this is actually a diet designed for obese type II diabetes patients, to be used under medical supervision with the long-term aim of putting the diabetes in remission (a family member was approached by their gp). It is then followed by a less-restrictive diet with lots of support from the diabetes team, and monitoring to help prevent / counteract the potential issues of such a low calorie diet (such as gallbladder issues). If the OP is referring to this specific diet, then it is categorically not designed for Jo Bloggs for wants to lose a few pounds. Not safe without support and will probably lead to rebound binging and weight gain without the significant support which is required.

Thanks for your response, I just see a guy on daytime tv promoting this diet and his book and wondered how it could work.
  • sendaraven81
    sendaraven81 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2019
    Good luck
This discussion has been closed.