Plan Diet calculator

Options
Hello Everyone! I’m looking for help with my micronutrients intake. So I’m struggling with putting my meals together as I’m planing to eat 4 times a day every 4 hours. My recommended calories per day are around 2810 cal , daily carbs intake 316g(79g each meal) ,daily protein intake 211g(52.75geach meal), daily fat intake 78g(19.5g each meal). I’ve never been on the diet before so this is my first time I wanna give me best go at it and try to be pretty accurate when I come to it , the question now is that keep annoying me how do i exactly measure my food like I know there is 24g of protein in 100g of raw chicken breast but what about the cook one, what if I wanna cook a big batch of it and scale it properly so I’ve got the exactly right amount of protein from chicken the 52g ? Same with carbs? And do I have to add the fats from chicken or any other lean meat with veg or fruit like avocado for example and consider putting them together to get the right amount or what ? I would love to have the exactly right amount separated in 4 different containers as a 4 meals thrue the day. Please Help looking forward for replays Thanks Everyone the time and effort put in my subject!

Replies

• r9i317
    r9i317 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ritzvin wrote: »
    r9i317 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone! I’m looking for help with my micronutrients intake. So I’m struggling with putting my meals together as I’m planing to eat 4 times a day every 4 hours. My recommended calories per day are around 2810 cal , daily carbs intake 316g(79g each meal) ,daily protein intake 211g(52.75geach meal), daily fat intake 78g(19.5g each meal). I’ve never been on the diet before so this is my first time I wanna give me best go at it and try to be pretty accurate when I come to it , the question now is that keep annoying me how do i exactly measure my food like I know there is 24g of protein in 100g of raw chicken breast but what about the cook one, what if I wanna cook a big batch of it and scale it properly so I’ve got the exactly right amount of protein from chicken the 52g ? Same with carbs? And do I have to add the fats from chicken or any other lean meat with veg or fruit like avocado for example and consider putting them together to get the right amount or what ? I would love to have the exactly right amount separated in 4 different containers as a 4 meals thrue the day. Please Help looking forward for replays Thanks Everyone the time and effort put in my subject!

My 2 cents:

1: You have 2800 calories - ditch the chicken breast (unless you are eating chicken breast instead of say, a steak/full rotisserie chicken/etc, because you like it... ie you don't have to eat the BLSL chicken breast/broccoli/rice bro diet thing that is somehow popular). (The leanest possible meat can be great for getting the protein in for minimal calories when cutting, but unnecessary 'suffering' in a bulk).

2: Easiest way to accurately count calories from batch cooking is to use the recipe builder. For number of servings: use either (A) number of meals if you are ~equally dividing up into meal containers, or (B) total number of final cooked grams (or multiple of 100 g, etc). When eating, add your (A) 1 serving or (B) weigh out onto plate and add that many grams as number of servings.

3: You don't have to obsess over exact macros (and definitely not within individual meals)... just make sure you are typically getting in the daily minimum recommended protein and fat. (Regularly not getting enough of either can be a problem over time, but otherwise however much is fine). (There are calculators online that you can use to calculate those minimums).

4: The entries for raw chicken (use one that matches your package - fat content does vary a bit depending on exact cut, whether 'rib meat' is included, etc) should have the protein and fat grams. Produce, like avocado, that won't have a nutritional label: look for USDA entries.

5: I'm all for batch cooking, but seriously... you're probably not going to last long at this if you attempt to eat the exact same combination for every meal throughout the day. (Or obsess over hitting exact macros at each and every meal). Relax.

6: You do not have to eat "clean". A candy bar is a perfectly acceptable source of dietary fat and/or calories. "Junk food" is only a problem if it is putting you over calories or crowding out other stuff you need (vitamins/minerals/fiber/protein). As others here have frequently said: once you've met your nutritional needs, you don't get extra credit for eating more broccoli.

Thanks you help me! A Lot! That will sort out my struggle with the food! I’ll try out the recipe builder as well sound very promising I’m new to the whole process sound interesting I’ll defo give my best go!
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You can take a look at my diary, it is open to see how I gain slowly on 3000 plus Cal's per day