What healthy food do you hate?

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Back when this was first posted, I would have said squash, but I've learned to like it in the last couple of years.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Back when this was first posted, I would have said squash, but I've learned to like it in the last couple of years.

I still greatly dislike all of the things I listed. I used to also dislike cauliflower (surprised I didn't list that) but only because I'd never had it prepared properly. Now I like it.

And phhbbtttt on you for bumping this in January!
  • knbsmommy0913
    knbsmommy0913 Posts: 4 Member
    Fish of any kind hate it, cottage cheese, most vinegars so I don't get dressing with my salads anymore, and chai seeds yuck
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    I like almost all veggies, and I can only think of one thing I hate: Seaweed. That kind that they use to make seaweed salad. I have no use for it, not the taste, not the texture, yuck.

I don't like (but it doesn't rise to the level of hate) lima beans.

I don't like protein powder/protein shakes.

I'm not sure they're actually healthy despite their claims, but I don't see the point of those Bel Vita breakfast biscuit things, especially since I found out the nutrition isn't all that different from Pepperidge Farms oatmeal cookies, which I'd much rather eat, if I have to eat one or the other.

I haven't eaten meat or fish in a few decades, but that was more "meh" than hate. Well, the fish part was kind of hate, also organ meats.
  • happytree923
    happytree923 Posts: 463 Member
    Sweet potatoes and cauliflower. I will sometimes eat sweet potatoes in their most unhealthy form (fried with some chipotle or garlic aioli) and sometimes cauliflower puréed into soup is ok.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Perhaps all the regionally unique food my mom raised me on ruined my ability to taste. I don't dislike anything I've tried, other than a dish some lady brought to work near 40 years ago. She said it was "stuffed grape leaves".
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited January 2019
    I actually love cottage cheese. When I was fat I used to regularly eat a carton as an evening snack.

I like celery a lot too, although I don't think about it that much. For the flavor but a different texture, try celeriac.

I even like seaweed, and can't think of any veg I dislike. I don't like raw mushrooms at all, but I love them cooked.

I hate with a passion canned tuna and any food involving it. I seriously have issues eating around people eating it -- my sister gets mad since she loves it and thinks I'm exaggerating, but to me it's like eating a can of cat food and turns my stomach to even see it eaten.

I weirdly love tuna steak and tuna sushi, though.

I love most seafood, but for tilapia and catfish, which I hate. I don't hate lobster but think it's super overrated and given the cost never have it.

In 2012 my answers would have been parsnips and grapefruit. I now really like parsnips but still dislike grapefruit.

I hate rooibos and have issues with many green teas. Give me black tea, herbal tea, or -- best of all -- coffee.

Not super into boneless, skinless chicken breast, although prepared correctly I will eat it. I typically prefer and eat bone-in chicken with skin, and will buy that when buying chicken.

I'd argue about whether they are especially "healthy" or not vs the alternative, but I'm not fond of egg whites or turkey "bacon". I like eggs a lot and enjoy real bacon (although it's a tad overrated and I eat it kind of rarely, on holiday breakfasts or when at a hotel breakfast buffet).

I find ground turkey a bit icky.

I don't like any cold cereals, healthy or no.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    I’d have to say seafood. I wish I liked it, but I just don’t.
  • cforsyth617
    cforsyth617 Posts: 205 Member
    beets they taste like dirt
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    I dislike oatmeal even though I eat it regularly. I feel like it's bland no matter what you put in it and because it absorbs so much water, it makes me feel uncomfortably full for hours after I eat it. I still make myself eat it because it's healthy, cheap, easy to make, and I run out of ideas of what else to eat for breakfast. But someday I'll try making baked oatmeal or some sort of oat quick bread instead.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    edited January 2019
    There isn’t much I don’t like and i haven’t found a food I wouldn’t try - however— the 2 items I really don’t want to eat again=

It’s a tie between:
    Collard greens
    &
    Percebes (gooseneck barnacles - seafood delicacy in Spain.) I really wanted to like them. 🤢
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Natto (Japanese fermented soybean)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIChHtSyM7s
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Mostly just stuff with bad texture...collard greens, okra come to mind...have not tried natto, okra has got that nasty, slimy texture to it
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Brussels sprouts. I try them a few times a year, hoping to like them- my husband says they're ah-mazing. Still can't put one in my mouth without gagging.

Watermelon. It's just wrong. The texture is confusing and the taste is just nasty.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Bananas. Evil buggers that should be outlawed. :confounded:
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2019
    Kale
    Salmon
    Seafood in general
    Kombucha
    Fermented drinks
    Green smoothies
    Avocado
    Seaweed
    Things made with hemp (ex bars, they taste and smell like manure)
    Spinach
    Arugala
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Bananas. Evil buggers that should be outlawed. :confounded:

Have you ever had them roasted?! I used to think I hated them because I only ever had them steamed. Properly roasted brussel sprouts browned to perfection is delicious!
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    4 pages in and the most hated are......................................

cauliflower
    cottage cheese
    celery
    bananas

I loath
    KALE........love cabbage and spring greens though
    Tofu
    Nuts
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    I love most veggies (if cooked properly - yellow cabbage or brussels sprouts are just wrong), and other healthy foods. But I can't stand most nuts (apart from almonds and pistachios - and those only in moderation), and I can't eat melon. Love the stuff, but it makes me projectile vomit.
  • shaf238
    shaf238 Posts: 4,021 Member
    Broccoli. I just can't stomach it. It's rank.