What healthy food do you hate?

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited January 2019
    beets they taste like dirt

Yes. This. This is why I came into this thread, just to say this.

I'm not overly fond of parsnips either and won't go out of my way to eat them, but I can tolerate them.

The funny thing here is that my husband is not fond of most vegetables and really only prefers salad to get his micronutrients. You know what he likes in his salad? Beets.

Add me to the list of people who love cottage cheese.

Oh, editing since Lemur brought it up! I also can't stand rooibos and most green teas.
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    edited January 2019
    Raw vegetables. I love a wide variety of veggies, cooked in many ways, but I hate them raw. The only ones I can tolerate are spinach, romaine, and carrot.

Cottage cheese.

Avocado.
  • Silo15
    Silo15 Posts: 3 Member
    Beetroot. I hate beetroot. Wrong colour, wrong taste. And it is disgusting when pickled. Why do Australians put it in hamburgers? Eeeeerch!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Fish... no shellfish but regular fish. Unless breaded and deep fried no thanks.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Bananas. Evil buggers that should be outlawed. :confounded:

Have you ever had them roasted?! I used to think I hated them because I only ever had them steamed. Properly roasted brussel sprouts browned to perfection is delicious!

I love brussel sprouts! Roasted, steamed, raw...

I think you wanted to quote the poster above me... I'm the banana hater girl :tongue:
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited January 2019
    Mushrooms. The mushroom “factories” smell disgusting and mushrooms taste rubbery. I had this dog once that would literally eat any food in the world, he would even try to eat trash but if you put a mushroom in his bowl he wouldn’t go near it. I swear something is wrong with mushrooms!
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    Cantalope/Melon - Makes me want to... well, you know....
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Tomatoes. I can eat them cooked but raw in a salad or sandwich? Bleh!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Kale and quinoa. No, and no, and no.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    raw mushrooms - like them cooked but the raw is like chewing erasers
    bananas - can't even be in the same room with over-ripe bananas
    most seafood
    pineapple
    canned tuna

on the other hand I love cottage cheese and don't ever really buy it because I will eat the whole carton at once with salsa and tortilla chips
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I hate mushrooms passionately too. It's not so much the flavour as the texture, but I can't get past it. I am not a remotely picky eater but I have trouble choking down mushroom even to be polite.

And milk, but I guess "healthy" is debatable on that now. I'm in my 30s and my mother still thinks I'm going to keel over at any moment from not drinking it (which I've refused to do since I was 12 or so), but she grew up in the 60s when that was nutrition gospel, so...
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Oatmeal (because of texture)
    Carrots - I'll eat them pureed in soup with other vegetables and seasonings, but in solid form where I can taste them, no.
    Beets
    Sweet potato - Being vegan, I hate how nearly every vegan recipe that is supposed to have potatoes automatically has sweet potatoes instead. Regular potatoes are vegan!
    Milk
    White rice (no matter how it's cooked). I also dislike other kinds of rice unless it's garlic or tomato rice, or there's some sauce to put on it.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 330 Member

As I was reading through this I saw a few people mention kale, but no one had mentioned quinoa. You picked the two that I wanted to add, so I am saying ditto to your post!!! A big fat nope to both!!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    About the only thing I can think of is Sardines or Liver. I can't do liver, I think I could probably force myself to do Sardines. Guess I'm pretty lucky I grew up po'.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    edited January 2019

Nodding in agreement. I'm also not a fan of low fat anything. Give me the full fat everything!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    MoHousdon wrote: »

Nodding in agreement. I'm also not a fan of low fat anything. Give me the full fat everything!

I will try low fat options and there are a few that don't taste different enough for me to notice. I like the 1/2 fat version of Kraft Tex Mex shredded cheese and the 1/2 fat Mayo I have in the fridge.

But multiple no to kale, quinoa and the like.
  • BaVIP073
    BaVIP073 Posts: 22 Member
    Zucchini and Bok Choy. Kale I can handle if its cooked with other things, but raw in salads no thanks.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Beets. Escpecially pickled. They taste like sweet pickled dirt.

Liver. I have tried it every way I can possible think of. Cant do it. I can do other organ meats though.

Oysters. Never tried raw. But cooked they are still gritty and snotty. I'm convinced I wouldn't like raw. I like clams and mussels though oddly. Smaller and less gritty I think.

Yogurt. I kept buying yogurt, and I would only eat one tub and let the rest go to waste. I obviously dont like it well enough to justify buying more then like 3 at a time. Like one yogurt per month is enough for me. And, they always seem to be on sale "when you buy 10 or more". So I quit buying it. I love to cook with it though. Or make dressings and dips. So I usually buy big tubs of plain and use it where I would sour cream. Or use it as a marinade or something. The little flavored tubs though? Firmly in the "meh" category.
  • unigirl143
    unigirl143 Posts: 126 Member
    acai
  • BSTLIFE84
    BSTLIFE84 Posts: 21 Member
    Asparagus!