Oct 8 - 212.8
    Oct 15 -210.7
    Oct 22 - 206.7
    Oct 29 - 206.0
    Nov 5 - 203.5
    Nov 12 -201.9
    Nov 19 -198.9 ONEDERLAND AT LONG LAST!
    Nov 26 - 198.7
    Dec 3 - 199.4 -- Had foot surgery. Knew it was going to be a tough week to lose weight. Not as bad as I though!
    Dec 10 -195.6
    Dec 17 - 194.9
    Dec 24 - 192.8

Weight -/+ this week: -2.1
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -28.2
    Total weight lost: -57.1
  • sweeetypie1
    sweeetypie1 Posts: 122 Member

Name: Diane
    Height: 5’7"
    Highest Weight: 260.3
    Start Weight (Jan 1 2019): 253.3

Jan 7 -

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge:
    Total weight lost: -7
  • Jaydoh120
    Jaydoh120 Posts: 52 Member
    Name : Julie
    Height : 5'9
    HW : 264.5lbs on 9th October 2018
    CW : 225.6lbs on 1st January 2019
    GW : 145lbs (+- 40 down, 80 to go!)

8 Jan :
  • sweeetypie1

Jan 7 -251.3

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -2
    Total weight lost: -9
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Hey all... Well.... What I thought would happen has happened. I was losing so well at a steady rate - as I was recouping from my foot surgery in late Nov. I had not been exercising. So I started with my new exercise regime and I am gaining! Common sense tells me this is normal because "muscle weighs more that fat" but when you are on such a good trek and then the numbers start creeping up, it's disappointing. Common sense is also telling me to stick with it because once my body adjusts to the new activity, the fat will burn faster. The problem is that I am an impatient person. I like seeing results, so I'm trying like hell not to let this get me down. Argh! Have any of you experienced this?

Name: Cyndy
    Height: 5’3"
    Highest Weight: (Oct 15, 2004) 250
    Weight at the end of the Autumn Challenge: (Dec 24, 2018) 192.8

Jan 7th 195.3
    Jan 14
    Jan 21
    Jan 28

Weight -/+ this week: +3.1
    Total weight lost: -54.7

• sweeetypie1
    raindogmaa wrote: »
    Hey all... Well.... What I thought would happen has happened. I was losing so well at a steady rate - as I was recouping from my foot surgery in late Nov. I had not been exercising. So I started with my new exercise regime and I am gaining! Common sense tells me this is normal because "muscle weighs more that fat" but when you are on such a good trek and then the numbers start creeping up, it's disappointing. Common sense is also telling me to stick with it because once my body adjusts to the new activity, the fat will burn faster. The problem is that I am an impatient person. I like seeing results, so I'm trying like hell not to let this get me down. Argh! Have any of you experienced this?

Weight at the end of the Autumn Challenge: (Dec 24, 2018) 192.8

Jan 7th 195.3
    Jan 14
    Jan 21
    Jan 28

Weight -/+ this week: +3.1
    Total weight lost: -54.7

I haven't experienced this because I haven't really started exercising yet, but I want to encourage you to keep it up because in the end it's very good for your heart and circulation (not to mention muscles). You are an encouragement to me as I watched your numbers go down these past few months, so please keep it up and get healthy.
  • klhirte613
    klhirte613 Posts: 2 Member
    Just started the first day of my 120 lb journey. Happy to find some friends that I can share my triumphs and downfalls with. It is always easier when you have people you can share with. Thanks for being here! Since it is Wednesday I will close with a wish. I wish that my feet will stay healthy this year so I can incorporate exercise back into my lifestyle.
  • raindogmaa
    I haven't experienced this because I haven't really started exercising yet, but I want to encourage you to keep it up because in the end it's very good for your heart and circulation (not to mention muscles). You are an encouragement to me as I watched your numbers go down these past few months, so please keep it up and get healthy.

Thank you @sweeetypie1 -- I appreciate the encouragement!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi everyone!! It's been awhile since I checked in here. I've been using a different app to log (just needed a change), but ultimately, I missed the community here, so I'm back. It's good to see some familiar faces, and I hope to get to know the newer folks quickly.

@blackhawkgirl91 --good to see you back! I think I was the one to tell you about the hockey team--or should I say THE hockey team? Just kidding @DebCountsAll . :wink:

Here are my stats:

Name: Karen
    Highest Weight: 247
    Current Weight: 203

My goal is to lose about 20 lbs by June when I'm traveling to Iceland for a 50th birthday trip. I've previously gotten down 183 and maintained that weight for about 2 years before it started creeping back up again. I know I can get there again, and I have a whole closet full of clothes that will fit much better when I get there. More importantly, I felt better and was much healthier at that weight.

My plan is to track all of my calories and exercise regularly. I had been going to physical therapy twice a week for a frozen shoulder, but my PT just switched me to once a month, so that will free up a lot of time for the gym. He also cleared me to start lifting weights again. Not being able to lift is part of the reason I've gained (ice cream is the other reason--LOL). But seriously, I enjoyed the gym so much more when I could lift--I enjoy cardio, but it gets really boring and makes me so hungry that it almost feels counter-productive. I know it's not, but that's how it feels at times. On the contrary, strength training helps curb my appetite and makes me feel stronger, so I hope getting back into a lifting routine will help me reach my goal.
  • raindogmaa
    My goal is to lose about 20 lbs by June when I'm traveling to Iceland for a 50th birthday trip. I've previously gotten down 183 and maintained that weight for about 2 years before it started creeping back up again. I know I can get there again, and I have a whole closet full of clothes that will fit much better when I get there. More importantly, I felt better and was much healthier at that weight.

Hi Karen!

I am trying to lose 20 by June as well. Going to Hawaii with friends and want to feel comfortable in my skin so I can truly enjoy myself.. and keep up with them on the hikes! On a super long plateau right now. On THIS go-around, I have lost 30 lbs starting in September. I will be there right by your side is losing the Big Twenty Lbs.

Kiyomoo wrote: »
    I am very embarrassed by my weight.
    38 pounds lost since start of diet
    47 pounds lost since highest weight

Hey Kiyomoo! Please don't be embarrassed by your weight! We have all been there and you are doing Great! Look at you... 47 pounds gone! That is a good report.

Start Weight (Sept 1, 2018): 221
    Current Weight (Jan 22, 2019) 191
    Goal Weight (June 7, 2018) 170

• sherrsuntha
    sherrsuntha Posts: 55 Member
    Hi everyone! New poster to this thread. I have about 160 LBS to lose. I started working out, eating better, stretching and getting more movemsnf in around the start of the year. I have my boyfriend qho is doing this with me as he has about 200 Lbs to lose as well. I look forward to meeting new people here!
  • raindogmaa
    Welcome @sherrsuntha !
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    @sherrsuntha -- Welcome!! It's nice that your boyfriend is doing this with you. It's so much harder if the people you spend a lot of time with aren't on board.

@raindogmaa -- It's nice that we have a similar goal--we can keep each other on track. :)

@Kiyomoo -- Like Cyndy said, we've all been there. I was embarrassed when I first joined this group (almost 8 years ago!!) as well, but I found that having a safe place to be honest with others, helped me stay honest with other aspects like my food and exercise log. And you should be proud of your progress so far--47 lbs lost is amazing!!

AFM--I've gotten back into the routine of logging again, and though it hasn't been a perfect week, it's definitely helping me stay accountable. I like to weigh myself regularly b/c research suggests that people who are at a healthy weight are more likely to weigh in every day. However, because of the daily fluctuations, I only officially check in on MFP when my weight is lower than the previous low. I did adjust up (from my low of 183) to 193 last August, so I have another 8 lbs to go before I can record a loss on my profile, but for the purposes of this thread, each Saturday I will just record my lowest weight for the previous week.

I'm happy to see any little bit of progress, but I know I won't get real results until I step up my exercise game. I went to the gym on Monday and had planned to go again Wednesday, but our weather here was dangerous, so that didn't happen. I have been keeping up with my shoulder PT exercises at home and a squat challenge I'm doing with some of my friends who are going to Iceland with me, so that's better than nothing.

Current Weight: 203

1/19/19 = 203
    1/26/19 = 201
  • OneRatGirl
    OneRatGirl Posts: 124 Member
    Hi, new, starting 326lbs, current around 320-322 (I've wooshed a bit, I think because most of my snacks were carb and sugar heavy, caused water retention). Highest around 336lbs.

@Kiyomoo this time around is the first time I've admitted my numbers anywhere! Considering our similar starting weights (I'm only about 10 days in) your post is very inspiring to me right now.

As I'm posting on a Sunday, I'm 27, 5'4, UK, fat family both sides, overweight since I was little. Mum died when I was 14, depression and anxiety disorders followed, as did weight gain. Chronic pain, probably just due to my weight. I have hypermobility, that plus the weight is a bad combo. PCOS.

I love animals, I have pet rats and chinchillas, have had most things at some point either individually or in the household. A dog (I want one again when I can), rabbits, guinea-pigs, mice, ferrets, degus, gerbils, hamsters (several Syrian and 1 Chinese), fish, tarantulas, millipedes, cockroaches, scorpions, a royal python (only passed fairly recently), stick insects. I'm probably forgetting something! Oddly, never a cat. My dad isn't keen. I walked more when I had a dog, my weight wasn't that much better but I was far fitter. As he got old he couldn't walk far, I didn't keep my own fitness levels up. Biggest mistake I've ever made in a way.

It's nice to be here, I'll be reading more posts soon. I'm hoping having friends and communities will make keeping it up easier!
  • Kiyomoo
    Kiyomoo Posts: 354 Member
    @raindogmaa @skinnyjeanzbound Thank you both for your words of encouragement. It is so lovely to read!

@OneRatGirl Wow, you're right, we are virtually the same in our highest weights and diet starting weights. You know what else we have in common? A love for animals. (Rats really are underrated pets!) I would love to be your friend. :) I believe in you!
  • raindogmaa
    Happy Monday, everyone!

@skinnyjeanzbound So nice to hear from you and that you are back here. I find this group so encouraging. Thanks for posting weekly, too. Even though we don't have a challenge going on, it's good to post weekly. I will post on Mondays.

Welcome to all the newbies too. Keep coming and talking. It helps.

AFM - I am please to report that I finally broke through my month long plateau! It was such a struggle but I am motivated to hone into the guidelines and skills that I have learned. This is my umpteenth time of making this journey and I can say the thing that has helped me the most this time is eliminating alcohol. I LOVE wine and all my social circumstances seem to revolve around the dreaded grape. I have a circle of friends that have a once a month wine tasting party... we have gone wine tasting up north and have belonged to wine clubs. Last September, when I lost a dear friend to cancer, I decided to layoff the stuff for a while. The end result is that I feel so much better and I'm able to actually lose weight and keep on going. Funny how that works (haw haw).

Re-Start Weight (Sept 1, 2018): 221
    Goal Weight (June 7, 2019) 165

Jan 22 191
    Jan 28 189.5

Week (+/-) = 1.5
    Since Re-Start = 31.5
    Since First start = 60.05

• skinnyjeanzbound
    Hi guys-
    It's been a rough week here in Chicago. First, our furnace broke last Saturday. Husband called repair while I was working a Speech Tournament, and they did a temporary fix until they could come back to replace the motherboard on Monday.

In addition, I've been dealing with a lot of issues driving in snow the past few weeks since we finally started getting some measurable snowfall here. I just purchased new tires in October, and though my car is rear wheel drive, I've not had any problems the past 4 winters. Looked into it further and discovered NTB put tires on my car that weren't all-season. Even though I live in Chicago. And told them I drive the car in the winter. And specifically asked if the tires would be good in the snow. After many phone calls, I got them to credit me the full cost of the tires I bought 3 months ago and replace them with all-season tires. What a difference--I can drive my car again!

So I took Monday off because we got about 6 inches of snow Sunday night and I knew my car wouldn't make it to work with those awful tires, but I was able to get the furnace repaired while spending hours on the phone with NTB. Then, due to the polar vortex, school was closed Wednesday and Thursday, so I was able to get the tires replaced without using another personal day. At least I can go into the weekend knowing both those problems have been remedied. :)

The scale has been up again this week despite meeting my calorie goal all but one day, so I will just check in a day early--I don't expect any big change between today and tomorrow. :neutral:

Current Weight: 203 (1/19/19)

1/19/19 = 203
    1/26/19 = 201
    2/1/19 = 203
  • raindogmaa
    Hello! I missed the Monday check in-- but my weight is up slightly. Still seem to be on that plateau. Well, I just keep telling myself to stick with it...my body is just adjusting to the new body. Ha ha! Hope to start on the downward trek soon!

Re-Start Weight (Sept 1, 2018): 221
    Goal Weight (June 7, 2019) 165

Jan 22 191
    Jan 28 189.5
    Feb 4 190.0

Week (+/-) = +.5
    Since Re-Start = 31
    Since First start = 60

• sweeetypie1

Jan 7 -251.3
    Feb 6 - 251.2

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -2
    Total weight lost: -9

What happened to January! Can't believe a month went by and I weigh the same. Actually, can believe it - need to try harder.