Let it GO! Decluttering (simplifying) your life of (people, places or things) success stories?

Replies

• cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,357 Member
    Another thing I am going to try again...I don't remember exactly where I found it (I have to look again & will post it when I do...I had a chart (last used in 2017) so it was 2017 things to get rid of in 2017. Lots of little boxes to mark. It seemed to be really motivating to mark off boxes as I got rid of things. I need to do this again!

Can you post it if/when you find it? That sounds good.

Congrats NewLifestyle - can imagine the jumping for joy!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Hey gang!

Here's some decluttering tips you won't want to miss:

1.) Take before and after pics of the room(s) you're on a mission to "conquer". Once you've got things in order (no matter how long it takes), like weight-blastification, you'll LOVE seeing how far you've come in LET IT GO and DON'T LOOK BACK.

2.) This has been mentioned earlier in this thread, but, taking all those old shampoos you'll NEVER use and use them for handwash and/or tub cleaner.

3.) If while shopping, you find some cute inexpensive hangers, get some. Nothing feels/look better than having your decluttered closets with CUTE hangers holding on to your "slimmed down" wardrobe/closet.

4.) Don't/REFUSE to compare yourself with others (in the decluttering, weight-blastification and quite frankly in ANYTHING AT ALL). Everyone has unique/different situations in their lives and comparing yourself with others is a recipe for YUCK.

5.) I've said this a million times and here's a million and one: HURRY/ANXIETY/IMPULSE/GOT TO GET THIS ACCOMPLISHED NOW/YESTERDAY is totally wack and counter-propductive. Take your time in accomplishing you goals and do it RIGHT and RIGHTEOUSLY, period.

6.) Little baby cutiepie 2 year olds are on to something, when/as they say "NO" to stuff. I know "going along to get along" looks/feels "safe/better", but it's NOT. It's a set-up for regret/bitterness and all kind of "unnecessary" and mentally/physically/financially YUCK. Fear is also a huge deceiver that influences us to do all kinds of counter-productive and "inviting trouble" into our lives. Throw down the gauntlet with yourself and learn to say and mean NO to stuff and even/especially yourself.

Love y'all {{{{{{{ Hugs }}}}}}}} <3o:)<3

P.S. PLEASE feel free to add some tips too.

P.S.S. BOOM!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    I just put on my pjs and can shimmy out of my size 10's without unbuttoning nor unzipping them. This means size 8 is in my near future...so grateful, so thankful. Not sure why I'm so amazed, but amazed I am that I can take off my size 10 jeans without unbuttoning them. It seems like just YESTERDAY I was saying that about my size 16's. So...it looks like possibly before year's end, o:) I'll be in a size 8 from a size 22w this time last year. o:)Slow and steady---it's so worth it!!!!
    44757625_499828113846051_680599856786131269_n.jpg

Well...December 19th, I felt strongly in my spirit that I'd be in an incredible and DELIGHTFUL size 8 "in the near future". Here we are, 8 days into the new year AND...

h2u41vzbit5z.jpg

66btq0oeyxr0.jpg

hlqc5fxc4l3v.jpg

r1tkpf48i4fh.jpg

jmaoj6mf2ek9.jpg

LOOK at how TINY these jeans are....WOW!

zaf4gsboqwt8.jpg

I'm a size 8 baby--oh YEAH size 8, these jeans fit/feel absolutely terrific--YES, they are a wee bit "form fitting" :*:o:# , but I can jump and move in them like they're leggings. I've got about 9 more pounds to go, before I reach my goal, so they will DEFINITELY be fitting looser by then, so humbled and grateful I'm squeezing my tail into these--I LOVE it mega YAY!!!!

Woohoo on the Suze 8 I am so proud for you

Girllllll...you have been on my heart of late, I'm thrilled to hear from you! {{{{ <3 Hugs <3 }}}}.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    snoo61 wrote: »
    @ NEWLIFEstyle4ME thanks! I'm so happy I found this thread. I'm surprising myself with my persistence, and have all of you to thank for keeping me motivated. :smiley:

You, my dear and a HUGE inspiration to me and others on here. I'm just so THRILLED at your progress. Honey, persistence is EVERYTHING--YAY YOU and {{{Hugs}}}}

P.S.
    tumblr_pkouec9z2j1qc4uvwo1_500.png

the-iceberg-illusion-success-is-an-iceberg-what-people-se-24280154.png

tumblr_pl04y5Oy5a1qc4uvwo1_500.png

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Oh, and congrats on those tiny size 8 jeans!!
    cory17 wrote: »
    Congrats NewLifestyle - can imagine the jumping for joy!!

What a kindhearted sweetieheart you guys are!!!! {{{ <3 Love and Hugs <3 }}}}

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    susanmc31 wrote: »
    Yesterday, I went though every room and picked up every piece of paper including my kids artwork and sorted through it all. Some went into the shredder, some has been filed away, some was put in recycling. This one little task made the house look better and more approachable for cleaning. I think today I will clean out my fridge so that I have everything sorted for my grocery shopping tomorrow.

The answer is absolutely YES and YAY YOU!!! Thanks so much for contributing to this thread!!!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    I havent had time to read this thread this weekend, but I love it so. I will catch up soon.
    I just watched an episode on Netflix. New show by Marie Kondo of the organizing technique of “Does this spark joy?” If you have netflix, you will enjoy it. I have to go to bed now but wish I watched this on Friday when I had all weekend to organize. LOL

My daughter who has been terrible at throwing things out her whole life just watched this series last week. She bought the book on iTunes and has started her purge. She has gone through her clothes and has gotten rid of 5 bags of clothes.

Let me tell you what a huge step this is for her. My daughter will be 30 in a couple of weeks. She was given a tshirt by my best friend when she was 3. The shirt was a bit too big so she was able to wear it for a couple of years. Guys, she still had this shirt! She got rid of it. Also about 20 years ago a coworker of mine found out how much my daughter loved Garth Brooks and gave her a concert tshirt of his. This shirt was an adult men’s large, but my 10 year old daughter wore it faithfully. It faded and had rips, but she wouldn’t dispose of it. She texted me night before last to tell me it’s gone!

I am going to watch this show, and probably download the book so that I can encourage her. I have promised to help her in anyway I can. She is moving onto her sons clothes today, he is 7 so she will help him decide what Brings him joy.

I am so incredibly proud of her.

See, THAT'S what I'm talking about. You are a terrific mom and super fabulous influence--YAY YOU and your beloved daughter...how tremendous!
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Today's declutter task was to clean out the silverware drawer. I got rid of some odd spoons and forks, well they are in the donate box. I also went through a pile in my bedroom corner. I attacked the pile because I used to have a bag of yarn there. I was worried that it was still there. 😆
  • snoo61
    Today's task is to clean out the kitchen junk drawer. Since I did this a couple months ago, I'm gonna pull everything out, wipe it down, and the scrub the drawer front. Then I'm sure I'll be motivated to get after something else. 😆
  • These are a different designer than I usually wear. There is a LOT of stretch in these and they fit and feel absolutely tremendous, with actually a quite of bit of room in them--YAY, my beloved husband is THRILLED and said they look so GOOD on me. It's official, I'm a size 8 now, period.

Size 8, wow! Great work!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    These are a different designer than I usually wear. There is a LOT of stretch in these and they fit and feel absolutely tremendous, with actually a quite of bit of room in them--YAY, my beloved husband is THRILLED and said they look so GOOD on me. It's official, I'm a size 8 now, period.

Size 8, wow! Great work!

{{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}}}
  • cory17
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME those pants look great on you! you look THIN!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Today's task is to clean out the kitchen junk drawer. Since I did this a couple months ago, I'm gonna pull everything out, wipe it down, and the scrub the drawer front. Then I'm sure I'll be motivated to get after something else. 😆

Hmmmmm..."scrubbed the drawers" ya say. I LOVE your attitude and progress Snoo, so diligent&inspiring you're CHOOSING to be more and more each day. You've inspired me to scrub down the shelves (not merely dust) in my laundry room and just "attack" the laundry room a with a bit more diligence (like cleaning/mopping behind the washer and dryer and more). Thanks friend!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2019
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME those pants look great on you! you look THIN!

WOW and mega ultra YAY! {{{{ <3 HUGS <3 }}}} How very exciting this "LET IT GO and DON'T LOOK BACK" is.

They are super mega wrinkled and in need of some ironing for sure, but I LOVE the I haven't arrived/super better NOT perfect and kinda flawed look these pics show (backside ;) )...keeps ya "little" friend over here humble and I need/want/LOVE that in my heart/mind/life! I'm ALWAYS aiming at better, it's so much more thrilling than perfect to/for me :)o:):)
  • cory17

Hmmmmm..."scrubbed the drawers" ya say. I LOVE your attitude and progress Snoo, so diligent&inspiring you're CHOOSING to be more and more each day. You've inspired me to scrub down the shelves (not merely dust) in my laundry room and just "attack" the laundry room a with a bit more diligence (like cleaning/mopping behind the washer and dryer and more). Thanks friend!

A few months ago, the belt that tumbles the drum broke in our dryer. My dh, who thankfully is handy, opened it up. There were PILES and PILES of lint and dust throughout and on top of everything in there!! It was actually a blessing in disguise that that belt broke, as otherwise just a matter of time before that lint caught on fire and burned the house down.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited January 2019

A few months ago, the belt that tumbles the drum broke in our dryer. My dh, who thankfully is handy, opened it up. There were PILES and PILES of lint and dust throughout and on top of everything in there!! It was actually a blessing in disguise that that belt broke, as otherwise just a matter of time before that lint caught on fire and burned the house down.

Yep, it's truly amazing how so-called "bad" or broken stuff can/ofen does work out for our super good. Cause stuff like that does indeed catch on fire (when you LEAST expect it)--SCARY--cause it happens ALL the time--yikes! Thanks for posting this. Who knows how many people reading this thread will begin to clean their filters and lint traps out more, starting today.
  • snoo61

I haven't scrubbed the cupboard doors or drawer fronts in almost 15 years. Its way beyond time to. As I declutter one, I'm scrubbing it! Thanks for the encouragement, good luck with your laundry room!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!