What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• bbhall60
    bbhall60 Posts: 3 Member
    Sorry no picturebut have a pot of beef barley soup on stove, lots of veg in it and light on the barley. Will eat this with a salad for a few days.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Crock pot cranberry meatballs, steamed broccoli and sweet potatoes
    This weekend it was a quick chicken and dumplins (which was AMAZING), pork tenderloin and roasted green beans
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Baked Mediterranean-style lemon chicken. Served with brown rice and steamed mixed veggies. That's for the family. For me: this still being "soup season," I had the last portions of the curried carrot soup from the other day. The curry flavor gets better as time goes on. Of course, I *DID* have a piece of the chicken; you know, for strictly, um, quality-control purposes (LOL).

gcjocu5s3uwq.jpg
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Last night was yummy roasted chicken sausage with roasted squash, brussel sprouts and apples
  • mjbnj0001
    OK, another "soup season" entry. Or entree, LOL. For lack of a better name, this is "Doctor's Winter Veggie Soup," and the recipe is one we have from our nutritionist. All fresh ingredients - acorn squash, redskin potatoes, celery, onion, garlic, tomatoes, kale, carrots) - except: chicken stock, canned beans and flavorings (cinnamon, basil, thyme). No salt or pepper. Lighter than the stew-y cabbage and carrot soups I've been making, as you might expect from a nutrition consult.

92ejq0i702yx.jpg

bcqecsagyl24.jpg

j98gfrhduc46.jpg
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Attempted to make piripiri chicken with roasted potatoes and carrots. Asked the OP to make slithered almonds green beans for variety.

wlk3mkqtkgqt.jpg
    u8q41xvivige.jpg
    wwdawvlwilsj.jpg
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Last night was prawn chow mein, stir fry veg and wholewheat noodles
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,586 Member
    Making Dutch split pea soup now for dinner tomorrow. It's best when it has been standing for a day. We were gifted some lomos de bonito at Christmas that we need to use up before going on vacation Saturday. That's a Spanish salted cured wet tuna loin that tasted a lot like dutch herring, so we will make a traditional herring salad tomorrow as a starter. That's with gherkins, beet roots, apple and hard boiled eggs.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Last night was Thai chicken salad using this recipe which I've used in the past and adding salad greens. I scaled down the chicken (I am one person) and only used a tbsp of oil, but kept the rest of the marinade the same. I also probably used more garlic than called for.

For the dressing, I subbed a meyer lemon for the lime...which was a bad choice so I added more tamarind and then a bit more sugar. I also didn't use any rice powder as I'm not a fan of the texture in this context (nor in larb). Despite the dressing debacle, it turned out really good.
  • acpgee
    aokoye wrote: »
    Last night was Thai chicken salad using this recipe which I've used in the past and adding salad greens. I scaled down the chicken (I am one person) and only used a tbsp of oil, but kept the rest of the marinade the same. I also probably used more garlic than called for.

For the dressing, I subbed a meyer lemon for the lime...which was a bad choice so I added more tamarind and then a bit more sugar. I also didn't use any rice powder as I'm not a fan of the texture in this context (nor in larb). Despite the dressing debacle, it turned out really good.

I love SE Asian salads. This is the template I use. Skip the oil and frying the scallions and just buy ready made fried scallions or onions to use as a topping.
    https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pomelo-salad-with-chile-lime-peanuts-and-coconut

• suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Tonight was grilled salmon, roasted Mediterranean veggies & new potatoes
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited January 2019
    96% lean ground beef + sea salt + Fage 0% Greek yogurt...an "ugly" abomination that tastes waaay better than it looks & is ridiculously low in kcals & is simple; added bonus = hot/cold contrast (re-occurring theme with my favorite food combinations) . Need to start taking pictures of these abominations/monstrosities...will do so next time
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    aokoye wrote: »

I love SE Asian salads. This is the template I use. Skip the oil and frying the scallions and just buy ready made fried scallions or onions to use as a topping.
    https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pomelo-salad-with-chile-lime-peanuts-and-coconut

I'm also a big fan of SE Asian salads, and food in general. I typically skip fried shallots in general. I could just get store bought ones, but I know I would probably be tempted to snack on them, and I honestly don't miss them. The last time I made that salad I used the outdoor grill, but this time I brought out the grill pan which I typically am not a big fan of cooking on (clean up is a pain), but I'm glad I did. It's a great pan, heats really evenly, but cleaning between the grooves sucks.
  • SlimmFit
    SlimmFit Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2019
    Zesty Lemon Pepper Salmon
    ;)
    ul3zqtbswg5g.jpeg
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    I don't remember. I think it was sometime back in the 80s......
  • acpgee
    Leaving for vacation tomorrow and made a bunch of sandwiches to avoid overpriced yucky airport food. Homemade fresh brown bread, comte cheese, nduja, salami, cucumber for crunch, kewpie mayonnaise to stick it all together.
  • mjbnj0001
    "Soup Season" entree number 5: "lentilstrone" (recipe from our nutritionist). A bit of Italian-Asian fusion by the ingredients (below). Maybe I should call this "Marco Polo" soup. Onions, carrots, garlic, celery, peas, bok choy, zucchini, scallions, lentils, tomatoes, basil, parsley, lemon pepper, miso paste, thyme, stock. Great for a cold Friday evening.

bxy46ojaccim.jpg

• LighterBites
    LighterBites Posts: 42 Member
    Last night I cooked an extra spicy pork stir fry.
    Today I whizzed up some black beans, sour cream and jalapeño's for wraps along with raw veggies for lunch and for breakfast for the week I scrambled eggs and sautéed some zucchini.
    Tonight is chili rubbed steaks, Tex-Mex coleslaw and baked spicy sweet potato fries.