Can I make a suggestion?

J_NY_Z
J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
If you are new here and serious about getting started, fill in your profile. Fill in your "About Me", "Why you want to get in shape" and "Your inspirations". This is a great way for you to connect with others.

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Yes. Agreed.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    I agree. It is always nice to see a little bit about a person if you are thinking of friending them. Nice to know if you have things in common.

Also if you send a friend request a little message saying why you chose them is always nice.

I agree. I started out accepting all friend requests but then ran into a bit of an issue with a person who was looking for more than just a diet buddy. I have since decided not to accept friend requests unless they at least tell me why they feel we would be a good fit as MFP friends. I am excited to help anyone who is trying to lose weight but not interested in just being another number on their friend list nor in some cases with men who are looking for a date, lol.

yes!!! this. a little message goes a long way
  • Taz6o5
    Taz6o5 Posts: 3,441 Member
    Fatty_Nuff wrote: »
    I require a photo ID and credit history before accepting friend requests.

:laugh:
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Fatty_Nuff wrote: »
    I require a photo ID and credit history before accepting friend requests.

But I sent you all that and my bank details and you still haven't accepted my request. :'(
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    edited January 2019
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Oh the other thing I have found useful is to go to their profile page and look at the friends list. I have avoided joining a few "Harems" that way.

If you have a good mix of genders and ages then I am more likely to say yes than if you have an all female list with an average age of 25.

I swear some of these guys don't know how ridiculous they are (or don't care < eye roll>).

Examples: One had only friends who were women with fit/muscle pics, and encouraged me via PM to take up powerlifting/bodybuilding. Another wanted to do an "old people fight", whatever the heck that means.

"Let's chat" = mating call of the loser who's 10% shy of being immediately banned.

Do guys get this kind of *baby-feline* here?!?!

More often than I should have Ann.

I don’t do friends, so only see that page 2-3 times a year nowadays.

I like when the basics are filled in.
    Gender, age, location, weight/goal weight, it just gives me the chance to give a more appropriate/personal reply. I don’t need a life history.

I also appreciate a photo, I like knowing who I’m talking to, but, more importantly, it is useful when body image/shape/weight problems arise.

Oh, be better than me, update your profile occasionally. I’ll do it soon honest.

Cheers, h.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    Oh the other thing I have found useful is to go to their profile page and look at the friends list. I have avoided joining a few "Harems" that way.

If you have a good mix of genders and ages then I am more likely to say yes than if you have an all female list with an average age of 25.

I had a friend request from a young buck the other day......just one look at his "harem" of about 30 nubile young ladies was enough for me to click the decline button.......I may be 70 years of age but I'm not that desperate lol B)

Tell them you'd love to share pictures of your grandchildren! :D:D:D
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,481 Member
    Only thing is if you're on the app only you don't have the option to complete your profile, for years I never used the web version so don't judge those who don't have it filled in, they may not even know about it 🙂

Ooh, that’s interesting to know.
    I only do MFP on my phone, but always use the website, not app (don’t get on with it), so could do my profile.

Cheers, h.
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member

No guys don't get that kind of *kitten* anywhere really*. When I started to read the posts above yours I was thinking how weird it must be to be a woman on a platform like this.

I don't think I've ever not accepted a friends request on here but then I don't get a ton. 9 times out of, well 9, it'll be from someone who's thread I've posted on or a friend of an existing friend who's seen my post on their status updates. I also don't think I've ever sent a friends request?!?

*The closest I've experienced is Facebook where I regularly get requests from obviously fake profiles of "glamorous" 20 somethings. I just delete them as it's obviously a scam of some sort aimed at middle aged men :D

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member

No guys don't get that kind of *kitten* anywhere really*. When I started to read the posts above yours I was thinking how weird it must be to be a woman on a platform like this.

I don't think I've ever not accepted a friends request on here but then I don't get a ton. 9 times out of, well 9, it'll be from someone who's thread I've posted on or a friend of an existing friend who's seen my post on their status updates. I also don't think I've ever sent a friends request?!?

*The closest I've experienced is Facebook where I regularly get requests from obviously fake profiles of "glamorous" 20 somethings. I just delete them as it's obviously a scam of some sort aimed at middle aged men :D

I get the analog of those on Facebook, too. Usually they're ruggedly handsome middle aged men with military background, sometimes with a few posts or photos of cute dogs or kittens on their personal page.

Glad to hear the guys are more annoyance-free than we women on MFP. Honestly, for me at least, this place isn't as bad as many.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

one of the perks of me getting called a bloke all the time i suppose!