Serial Starters

Replies

• Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Good morning everyone!

Lana, you can do this. Take care of yourself first. As they say, you can't pour from an empty cup.

Sara, on January 31st, I'm headed for the first step in two implants. Once all that is complete, then I get a full scale cleaning.

@suzu_2 Breathe. You can do it. Baby steps. Stretch during your breaks today. Take a walk to the farthest restroom (it will be less crowded anyway and you'll have to walk fast to get there and back. LOL)

I'm ready for my turn at the cabana! Need to calm myself before the scary dentist stuff. Lana, can I borrow a cheesy romance novel?
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Good morning everyone,

Long time no talk, I am hoping things are winding down & I can stop by more often.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas & New Year's, mine was good, I got engaged on Christmas eve :) ...possibly having the wedding in Florida next December. Things are still in the early stages but fingers crossed everything works out that way.

Sorry I have missed a lot of posts & have to go back and read what has been going on around here.

I have started my morning workouts again, walking from 4:30 am to 6am...will incorporate some running in there in a couple weeks/by February, just getting my body used to doing this again :s & I got netflix so I can catch up on all/some the shows I haven't seen since last March when I stopped my morning workouts.

I have also quit smoking (Oct 24th) which is awesome, even sustained it during the holidays....but in return I have gained 15 lbs since then so I am trying to stop that from increasing more.

I hope everyone is doing good,

Take care

~Saltine~ >:)
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Also if anyone would like to friend me on Fitbit please, please do....

public url: //www.fitbit.com/user/6968LK
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    edited January 2019
    Tracey, I have a number of romance novels in a box on their way - Alejandro the cabana boy is bringing a care package ( picture of him is pages back). Think long term goals at dentist and set up soft/easy food for meals after the appointment.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Saltine !! AWESOME news on both upcoming weeding and not smoking (use the money saved towards the wedding.....). Details on wedding - we like details.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited January 2019
    Hello to Tracy! We will send Cabana Boys to take your mind off of the dental work.

Saltine I am relieved to know that you are not frozen in a snowbank up in Winnipeg
    Congratulations on the engagement. 💞

Suzy— yes work can certainly get in the way of doing healthy things. When the work gets heavy maybe all you can do is go for a little 10 minute walks here and there on your breaks or during your lunch. It’s better than nothing

Lana
  • megbeveridge93
    megbeveridge93 Posts: 238 Member
    Welcome back Saltine! I love the name, btw. Congrats on your engagement and yes, we need deets! What are your 2019 goals?

With the monotony of this Whole30 diet, I'm starting to really resent eggs. I only like them prepared one way, so I can't get much variety in them and I have a really hard time eating non-breakfast foods in the morning. I think I'm going to have to force myself to continue eating them, though, and hopefully find new things to eat with them.

Struggling with the sugar withdrawal headache today..

Tonight is climbing after work - excited!! It's gotten much easier lately without the extra junky food weighing me down.

Tracy - I got an implant a few years ago, it's not so bad after the first day or two! Plus, it gave me an excuse to get a milkshake right after ;)

Hi to the lurkers!
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    With the monotony of this Whole30 diet, I'm starting to really resent eggs. I only like them prepared one way, so I can't get much variety in them and I have a really hard time eating non-breakfast foods in the morning. I think I'm going to have to force myself to continue eating them, though, and hopefully find new things to eat with them.

Tracy - I got an implant a few years ago, it's not so bad after the first day or two! Plus, it gave me an excuse to get a milkshake right after ;)

@megbeveridge93 On the eggs, are you eating them scrambled? If so, try some healthy inclusions. One of my favorites is sauteed broccoli. Saute your broccoli in olive oil with seasonings of your choice (I use garlic and dill), then pour in your mixed eggs. It's super yummy! I'm not familiar with Whole30 since I'm doing Keto. If you can do dairy, add cheese. One ounce goes a long way in three eggs and a cup of broccoli.

Thanks for the encouragement on the implant!

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello Saltine - and congrats on the non smoking and engagement. That is way awesome!
    Eggs in AM. I really like eggs, but agree with Twiley - like them way better when fried with kale or brocolli or tomatoes or mushrooms, spinach, you name it. Garlic and onion. Or all of the above. Even if not scrambled - you can eat that all together and it goes well. I also like an egg with a really thin hamburger. together. Yup - I am an egg and whatever type of person. (:
    I don't have a fitbit yet. At work we are being enrolled in a new program in which we have to earn points to reduce our health insurance cost. Go365. For that we get a fitbit zip. So once I get that and enroll I will put my information to follow.
    Lurking....enjoy your Tuesday.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    I really need a FitBit... :)
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    I really need a FitBit... :)

I really like mine, I have the alta hr. The app is really focused for fitness so you can check your stats at a glance. Love it 10 out of 10 would recommend.

Brennerjlb: Also an egg at any time of day person. I scramble my eggs with a touch of whatever kind of unsweetened cream I have on hand. Sauteed mushroom and onions or tomatoes and black beans with hot sauce mmmm
  • Tilliesmommy1
    9379 total steps and got a good report at dental cleaning

got home before it rained just swept and time to cuddle up with Miss T (dog in picture).

Meghan - thrift stores sell romance novels dirt cheap.....

Wishing all a good night.
  • Rocky_Runa
    Rocky_Runa Posts: 140 Member
    Hi all...

Haven’t really gotten back into a fitness routine... have all the best of intentions and then when I leave my place for the day... life and plans goes off the rails. Seriously overeaten the last several days. Not thrilled about that at all. Trying to get back on the wagon and stay on, but feel a bit overwhelmed and exhausted with everything.

I don’t know much about FitBit, but I really like my MisFit. Got it for $10.85 on sale. Batteries last for months so no need to worry about charging and forgetting. The app warns you when the battery goes low.

Runa 🌷

wis8mrt0vkc1.png
    harr0celn9mx.png
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Up early for dog and couldnt go back to sleep - so hope to get more before dog walk.

Dental cleaning went well, so keep going as I am which is nice to hear.

Work is a four letter "kitten" word, so nothing new. Trying to find a "spark" to keep me going gets tough sometimes.

Lurking from that place later.

Wave to all who follow.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Morning all - happy Wednesday!

I’ve started the year out well with exercise and keeping my calories under goal....until last night. Crappy day at work meant emotional eating at night. At least it was intentional - I knew what I was doing. :smile: Ah well, “forgive myself” and move on to today.

Congrats to Saltine on the engagement. Can’t wait to hear more details as they unfold!

Implants - been there. Painful but not as bad as I feared. Good luck!

Waves to all,

Tess
  • LanaCabana537
    Good morning Sara and Tess~~

I'm in the NYC apartment, and the cupboards are bare.
    Maybe I'll get some boneless chicken thighs; that would provide a few good meals.....

Yesterday, I walked 2.3 miles to and from the Apple store. Laptop is out of its coma and working properly. Yay.

*tossing hat and beach bag onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

247.4 today
    250.0 highest
    201.0 lofty goal for June 21 Family Beach Trip 😜
    185.0 goal
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    Ugh, starting again.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2019
    fyzcvrecw3qb.png

31dxvymbfbc3.png

Must be Wednesday at work.

• Tilliesmommy1
    10008 steps and so far no chocolate. that might change.
  • LanaCabana537

Hi Justin - welcome!!

Sara - Wow you got in a lot of steps today. Good for you.

I have made it to almost 8:30PM and have eaten only healthy stuff today. The peanut butter was a bit overdone, but not awful. I need to measure!!!

Lana