Weight gain on Apetamin

Options
I have been small all my life 100-104lbs. I started tracking my calories and taking in more calories than what was needed to maintain my weight. I started Apetamin three weeks ago and I have gained 6lbs. I feel like it all went to my stomach though. So from here on out I plan to exercise. I heard Maca increases estrogen to help the woman’s figure have curves, what have you tried for weight gain?

Replies

• preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just eating 2,200 calories and doing body exercises has helped me gain weight.
  • Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I have been small all my life 100-104lbs. I started tracking my calories and taking in more calories than what was needed to maintain my weight. I started Apetamin three weeks ago and I have gained 6lbs. I feel like it all went to my stomach though. So from here on out I plan to exercise. I heard Maca increases estrogen to help the woman’s figure have curves, what have you tried for weight gain?

You don’t need any aid in gaining so long as you don’t have diagnosed malabsorption issues and are eating more than it takes to maintain (and ensuring so by accurately measuring your intake). You can not control where fat goes and as you have learned it can often go to places you don’t want it to. I certainly do not recommend taking Maca as there is not only no scientific proof behind these claims, but I also don’t see why messing with your hormones is necessary when you can gain control over your figure by performing resistance training and gaining muscle... preferable through a proper program. Just like with weight loss, there is no easy way out and you can’t just take a supplement and hope you end up looking exactly how you want to. Decide what your goals are, and eat and train accordingly. It’s truly that simple.
  • Sunkissmegan
    Sunkissmegan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks this was really helpful. I have a fast metabolism and i guess I resorted to other methods once I didn’t see any weight gain after counting calories for a while. Maca was just a thought, I’ll proceed trying to incorporate exercising in my journey.