Less Alcohol - January 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• springsweet
    springsweet Posts: 184 Member
    Day 7 AF here.

Anybody else experience headaches when waking up after a few days being AF?
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Day 7 AF here.

I'm on my 9th AF free day and have been getting mild headaches for the past three days. Not bad enough that I've taken pain killers (TMI but I also started my period on Monday so I kind of attributed it to that, which isn't necessarily a symptom so, could be unrelated).
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Awesome! Better than before!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited January 2019
    Welcome to our new posters. Yes we are non judgemental. Open to any reason you have to want to have less alcohol in your life. We do not push being totally AF (an alcohol free lifestyle). This month some of us have decided to try a whole month of abstainace....well just because. Lol.
    Feel free to join in any way that suits you. If you have not checked out page one of this thread you might want to take a peek at it for informative tidbits.

Good wishes to all.

• anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    Checking in. 6/9 days AF so far. Thankful for this thread as it keeps me accountable!
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Day 9 AF!! I feel really good, physically and mentally. I think the reason I’m not craving alcohol very much is because I drank waaay too much last month. I’m definitely ready for a break.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Day 9 AF!! I feel really good, physically and mentally. I think the reason I’m not craving alcohol very much is because I drank waaay too much last month. I’m definitely ready for a break.

Right there with you! Felt great today and had a terrific workout to match!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    @springsweet Yes! I've had headaches every day so far. Doesn't this seem so unfair? I guess our bodies are just adjusting to being AF.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    @Runningchick11 I'll keep you in my thoughts while this thing drags on. Staying AF would be a challenge ... hopefully you can spend the extra time available to find something to focus on that will make life easier in the future ... exercise, declutter, read, try out study a new language using free version of duolingo, find new hiking trails or running paths in your area. Anything to help destress. Good luck!
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    My personal goal is to drink less alcohol. Targeting 4 nights per week AF usually M-Th ~16 AF nights per month. DH & I are dropping the nightly bottle of wine with dinner. Listing my social challenges and plans to not go with the flow drinking 2-4 glasses of wine when out with friends!

January accountability ~9 day so far
    Me (no alcohol): 6 days
    Alcohol: 3 days

This past week Monday thru Sunday I hit my 4 days of AF by reigning it in Sat and Sun! No social challenges next week. It will be just me and my own willpower to bank AF days for the month to offset challenging weeks ahead.

To view the weekly count toward 4 ... AF Mon Dec 31!
    Jan 1 - AF
    Jan 2 - Dinner out with hubby after challenging day at work transitioning my role. Looks like it will take weeks to ramp them up. Didn't leave chair for 9 hrs. (excuses) - limited myself to 1 glass of wine
    Jan 3 - Bunco - limit 1 glass wine. Slipped up and had 2-3 (I call it 12 oz 3 if light pour / 2 if heavy pour) What happen to my resolve to drink water after 1 glass?
    Jan 4 - Traveling with my mom & sister 7 hrs today for a funeral Saturday. Plans to limit to 1 glass of wine was blown. I lacked the willpower which I need to work on. 1 margarita at mexican restaurant, 1 glass of wine in hotel suite everyone gathered at after dinner.
    Jan 5 - AF Driving 7 hours return trip
    Jan 6 - AF
    Jan 7 - AF
    Jan 8 - AF even though DH had beer
    Jan 9 - AF
    Jan 10 - Plan AF Driving 6 hours this evening
  • MissMay
    NormInv wrote: »
    Day 40 baby

Congratulations @normlnv. Awesome to see you doing so well.
  • MissMay
    anglilacs wrote: »
    Checking in. 6/9 days AF so far. Thankful for this thread as it keeps me accountable!

Nice job! Accountability is where it's at.
  • MissMay
    ....just had to vent some where.
    Sorry to hear about your lay off. Your more than welcome to let off some steam. Hope you get back to work soon. Keep strong.

• MissMay
    Day 7 AF here.

I have for a while, not every day, maybe a couple times a week. I thought they might be from the heat now being on since it is Winter. I think there are a lot of normal reasons for headaches other than drinking. But when we don't drink and have a headache it is more difficult to put a finger on the cause. Just my thoughts.
  • MissMay

If there's anything I get out of this month its not drinking out of habit or stress.

I like your attitude above! Keep it up.
  • MissMay
    @lilylady3k being on the road driving is a sure fire way to tally those AF days. Congrats.