Anyone doing keto??

Hi all,
New to these forums - didn’t even realise they were here tbh 🙈
I’m on my 9th day of the Keto Diet and pretty much over the feeling rubbish part 👍 just wondered if there’s anyone on here doing it too??
Fancy sharing tips, recipes, inspiration etc??

Replies

• tibby1971
    tibby1971 Posts: 25 Member
    I am too. Feel free to shoot me a friend request. I need motivation and recipes too.
  • docjess2015
    docjess2015 Posts: 5 Member
    I’m doing Keto this year, too. So far no Keto flu symptoms. Shoot me a friend request if you’d like.
  • releana11
    releana11 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm also doing the Keto. I started the day after Thanksgiving. I've lost 20 lbs so far. I got off during the holidays and getting back to keto eating. The first few weeks are hard, but keep it up!
  • JenVB22
    JenVB22 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm just starting Keto and am hoping to be successful! A little nervous as it's overwhelming, but i know if i stick to it....
  • RAFLowCarb
    RAFLowCarb Posts: 30 Member
    I’ve been on it (or at the very least LCHF) for over 6 months here in the UK - if you want any tips, hit me up or add me! Lots of good stuff online (lots of crap too) but I think I’ve filtered out the poor stuff and have researched and gone through most of the pitfalls and wins. KCKO
  • RockinBaker5210
    RockinBaker5210 Posts: 27 Member
    I just started on Monday and am loving how I don't get the afternoon sleepies and am sleeping better. So far, no Keto Flu symptoms and I am not craving sugar yet. Hopefully, I don't! Feel free to friend request me!
  • saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    I was pure keto for 4 months last summer and lost over 40lbs. Now I'm back at it. All the carbo loading over the holidays had me feeling like crap! I'm highly dedicated. We can share stuff, but I keep it very simple.
  • nadiasacco0729
    nadiasacco0729 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey guys! Perhaps we can create some kind of Keto group to exchange recipes, tips etc....

I’ve been doing Keto for 6 weeks and can always use new suggestions 😁
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited January 2019
  • Mobolu
    Mobolu Posts: 7 Member
    Mo here. New to keto as well. One week in and lost 6 pounds. Add me.
  • mummy2my3boys
    mummy2my3boys Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks for all the responses! I can’t figure out how to add people... 🤔
    But if you send me a request I can see them and hopefully add you guys!
    I’m on day 10 today and loving it!! :)
    I feel so much better in myself already 💪🏼
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    If you click on someone's user name you can go to their home page. There you will see a button that says "add as friend." If you click it, you will have an opportunity to write a message explaining why you want to be friends with them (for example, "I see you do keto, me too!"). Some people have messages saying they don't accept friends right now or would love a message so they know what you have in common, so it's useful to read the profile to see if there is anything like that.

(I should add a message to mine that I'm a terrible friend right now since I don't currently read my feed and log elsewhere!)
  • izadi
    izadi Posts: 3 Member
    I’m starting Keto next week and not sure if I’m looking forward to it or bricking it.
  • khwicklund
    khwicklund Posts: 8 Member
    Started the keto diet this week too, on the forth day and going good so far. I'm getting recipes from free books on Amazon (if your a prime member) It has some really good recipes and helps you getting some variety in your diet.
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    me! LOTS of good advice on FB pages too.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    I just started. I have pcos and insulin resistance so it should help with that.
  • olive1968
    olive1968 Posts: 148 Member
    I'm on my third month. It's slow going for me because I'm a lazy *kitten* dieter. But, I like it. I'm finding for me right now, having a structure works best. Today was weigh in day though and I had a burger and fries for lunch. Wanted it SO bad. Meh. Wasn't that great. Go figure.

I feel like it is easier to stick to my calorie allotment eating this way. If you do a search, you will find eleventy million threads on keto.
  • KipDrordy
    KipDrordy Posts: 169 Member
    I’ve seen what friends go through on Keto. It just isn’t a feasible diet for me. Any diet that requires me to jump through hoops to maintain is a recipe for failure for me. How do you folks do it?
  • sallytarbit
    sallytarbit Posts: 1 Member
    Hey! Mum of 3 boys here too :) I’ve just started, today is day 3. So far so good but only just working out how to track my macros and hoping I’m doing this thing right! Time will tell I guess. Love to share in some tips and motivation too - need all the help I can get to stay strong! We got this! x