Postpartum Weight loss Success Stories?!

To all the momma's out there! I want to see your postpartum weight loss stories!
I had my first boy 6 months ago. They day before I got pregnant I was 130lbs, The day before I delivered him I was 180lbs. I'm now 152lbs and just cannot seem to get past this weight!! Looking for some before and after pictures to help with motivation. Stretch marks and all don't be shy! I have tons!

Replies

• creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    You’re doing GREAT!! I don’t have a story or pic to share but I did just want to encourage you. You’re only 6 mos. postpartum?? You’ve done amazing. Stick with what you’re doing, you’ll get to your goal!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    18 months pp and 7lb to go. With my first I lost it all in 11 months, this time has taken a little longer.
  • Hayleywarnken
    Hayleywarnken Posts: 8 Member
    18 months pp and 7lb to go. With my first I lost it all in 11 months, this time has taken a little longer.

Are you doing anything to help lose it? I had an emergency C section not sure if that makes a difference.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    My son just turned 2 on Dec 12 and I still haven't lost all of the baby weight. I was at a low weight before I got pregnant and only gained about 30 lbs, but I still haven't been able to lose the last 10-ish lbs. I ran before I was pregnant and I still run now, but my eating habits aren't as well controlled as they were before I got pregnant, and I'm still breastfeeding once a day at bed time which can affect appetite and other hormones...
  • RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Please give yourself grace. 9 months in, 9 months out...

Your body went through trauma. (From a mom of 2)
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    I am a mother of 2 boys. Before I got pregnant with my first I was actually half way through the Inanity home work out, so I know I was exactly 107.5 pounds (at 5 foot tall) when I found out I was pregnant. After having him I was 149 pounds leaving the hospital. I got back down to 117 before I got pregnant a year and 8 months later. I left the hospital after having my little guy weighing in at 158. Now it's been a year and a half and I'm back down to 115 pounds.

I didn't really pay too much attention to losing weight for the first 6 months or so after having my babies. Your body goes through a lot with pregnancy and child birth. It needs time to recover and adjust. Give it time and slowly but surely the weight will come off.
  • Hayleywarnken
    Hayleywarnken Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks ladies
  • wapan
    wapan Posts: 219 Member
    edited January 2019
    I have a three year old. I was 123 when I got pregnant. I'm not sure where I was when he was born, but close to 160 I think. I've been around 130 to 135 since his birth and I'm doing well lately at 129. Trying to get back to 125 but I'm good with going slow. I'm 5"4.
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    I gained 43 pounds with my first pregnancy and it took me 2 years to lose it (plus 8 more pounds!). Honestly it only took 6 months when I actually started "trying" (tracking calories and working out). I'm currently pregnant again and I'm so glad I lost my first baby weight before getting pregnant again. I'm 22 weeks along and have gained 18 pounds - I'm looking to only gain 25# with this pregnancy. Good luck losing the baby weight - it can be done!
  • 12Sarah2015

Are you doing anything to help lose it? I had an emergency C section not sure if that makes a difference.

Im on medicine post partum that makes me gain weight. To start with I did mainly walking with the pram and got down to a normal weight. Then I was back on medicine, moved house, and gained. It got a bit much walking with toddlers in the heat. Now I do mostly zumba and dancing as exercise, and that works well for me... My youngest likes to dance with me now. Its so hard as a mum coz the fridge is always there and you are constantly feeding your children!
  • 12Sarah2015
    hubn8147 wrote: »
    I gained 43 pounds with my first pregnancy and it took me 2 years to lose it (plus 8 more pounds!). Honestly it only took 6 months when I actually started "trying" (tracking calories and working out). I'm currently pregnant again and I'm so glad I lost my first baby weight before getting pregnant again. I'm 22 weeks along and have gained 18 pounds - I'm looking to only gain 25# with this pregnancy. Good luck losing the baby weight - it can be done!

Congratulations!
  • saharam77
    saharam77 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2019
    Just keep going, it’s not a race & you will get there eventually. Remember to enjoy this precious time with your new baby without worrying too much about the weight loss. I gave myself a year to lose my baby weight gain (3.5 stone after birth) but it definitely came off faster in the 2nd half of the year. You’ll get there, just think healthy choices and smaller portions x (pics below) xx
  • saharam77
    saharam77 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2019
    3.5 stone in one year after 2nd baby, aged 38. If I can do it, anyone can! Good luck x
  • krissapsu
    krissapsu Posts: 2 Member
    I was a super fit 127 pre-IVF and pre-pregnancy and gained 60 pounds ! My weight didn’t all fall off immediately and I plateaued some months but I lost all the weight steadily in 8 months and was fit again. I’m pregnant with my second and haven’t gained nearly as much weight as my first.
  • krissapsu
    krissapsu Posts: 2 Member
    I was 39 by the way !
  • simplysab
    simplysab Posts: 3 Member
    It took me until my youngest was almost 3 to decide to get serious about losing "baby weight" (I'm not sure I could still call it that). I was 135 when I got pregnant with my first , 145 when I get pregnant with my second. I was 170 at both deliveries. I started MFP in September at 164lbs. I'm down to 150 and working towards getting back to my original 135 but I will tell you I've had to learn to embrace a new SHAPE to my body. I had been 150 before years ago before kids but it looked much different then than it does now! I try on pants that I used to wear at 150lbs pre-babies and there's no way they can get over my hips! Just keep the mind set that it's OK that your body may look different but it's important to be healthy for our babies!
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    I have 5 kids. My oldest is 11 and my youngest will be 2 in April. I hung onto A LOT of baby weight between pregnancies and was also overweight at the start of my first pregnancy. I did end up losing 55 pounds immediately after my first was born (like 3 months immediately) and got to a healthy weight, but that was related to my thyroid and I was extremely unwell and don't recommend that strategy to anyone.

I then gained almost 100 pounds with my second pregnancy and topped out at 220lbs. I stayed obese for the next two pregnancies, then got serious about using MFP after my fourth was born. I also took up strength training. I ended up losing 70lbs. with MFP in a little over 2 years, got closer to goal than I'd ever been, and then SURPRISE, found out I was pregnant with #5. I gained less with him and refused to get past 200lbs. but I still had quite a bit of weight to lose afterwards. So far I'm down 71 pounds and maintaining in the 123-26lb. range at 5'1".

w3zn975ozvz8.jpg
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I gained 65 lbs with my second pregnancy :-1: I didn't try very hard to lose it, so it took me about a year and a half to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. I used MFP and ate at a calorie deficit and the weight came off. However I would go through spurts of losing weight, and then I'd stop for a few months, then get back into it, etc. Until a year and a half later. I will say I didn't start to even try to lose the weight until I was about 4-5 months postpartum. If you put the work in, the weight will come off.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!