When did you change your wardrobe?

preciousleks
preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
Who can relate?
I am 23yrs and I currently weight 65.5kgs. My goal is to gain up to 68kgs. People may think it is too much weight but I'm 5'8 tall, so the weight doesn't even appear on me. The good thing is I have a nice shape, most of my weight goes to my lower body. And because of that all my skirts, jeans, bodycon dresses including my underwears are not fitting or some are fitting tight. I wanted to ask if it is good to change my wardrobe now or I have to wait till I weigh 68 to change it. What did you do?

Replies

• pawamonster
    pawamonster Posts: 23 Member
    Congrats on getting closer to your goal! It's not an all or nothing proposition. You can buy a few pieces to get you through until you reach your goal weight. If your clothes don't fit, don't suffer in too-small stuff. Get a few low cost items so you can keep living your life in comfort.
  • preciousleks
    Congrats on getting closer to your goal! It's not an all or nothing proposition. You can buy a few pieces to get you through until you reach your goal weight. If your clothes don't fit, don't suffer in too-small stuff. Get a few low cost items so you can keep living your life in comfort.

Thank you for the advice. Will try to do that
  • CowboySar
    CowboySar Posts: 404 Member
    I bought new and got rid of old when I was near my goal weight. Up until that point I wore big baggy clothes and a belt
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    I can vary up to 20# depending if I’m at the top of a bulk or the bottom of a cut... so I keep my “bigs and smalls” around. ;)
  • LuciBThinner
    LuciBThinner Posts: 207 Member
    It makes sense to me that you would definitely need to get some clothes that fit as you gain. Wearing too tight clothing is not healthy. Maybe you can get a few styles that will grow with you as you continue to reach your goal? Congrats on your progress so far, you are doing great!
  • preciousleks
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    I can vary up to 20# depending if I’m at the top of a bulk or the bottom of a cut... so I keep my “bigs and smalls” around. ;)

Imagine I don't have biggs, the clothes I have were all fitting but now they are tight and some don't even fit
  • preciousleks
    It makes sense to me that you would definitely need to get some clothes that fit as you gain. Wearing too tight clothing is not healthy. Maybe you can get a few styles that will grow with you as you continue to reach your goal? Congrats on your progress so far, you are doing great!

Thank you so much. I will try to buy clothes that I can grow with. I now look amazing.
  • letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Who can relate?
    I am 23yrs and I currently weight 65.5kgs. My goal is to gain up to 68kgs. People may think it is too much weight but I'm 5'8 tall, so the weight doesn't even appear on me. The good thing is I have a nice shape, most of my weight goes to my lower body. And because of that all my skirts, jeans, bodycon dresses including my underwears are not fitting or some are fitting tight. I wanted to ask if it is good to change my wardrobe now or I have to wait till I weigh 68 to change it. What did you do?

I would say, you should wear clothes that fit if you want to be comfortable in how your body is changing in the long run. You don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe though, since you know you have more to gain. You can just get a few key pieces
  • preciousleks
    letsgain01 wrote: »
    Who can relate?

I would say, you should wear clothes that fit if you want to be comfortable in how your body is changing in the long run. You don't have to buy a whole new wardrobe though, since you know you have more to gain. You can just get a few key pieces

Will try to do that. It is disappointing that most of the clothes I bought last year before starting my weight gain journey, but they aren't fitting
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Just buy one or two pieces of whatever isn't fitting at the moment.
  • preciousleks
    Just buy one or two pieces of whatever isn't fitting at the moment.

Good idea