Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    edited January 2019
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Got call from someone checking in. He had to take another call so it was a short call - our company actually has a job title (saw it over a year ago in the job opening) that he might want to keep an eye out for - so I will let him know. Never know where your next job comes from

I like greeting cards and bought sets of them. Put all the sets into a big box and threw away the boxes they came in. I now have a new drawer to fill...... Note to self - check box before buying more cards......

Korean beef with rice and salad on menu in cafe today.

Lana - Peanut Butter is a caloric bomb, but at least it has nutrition - Twinkies?? Not so much >:)

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    Well, I messed up this morning. I've been resisting all week, but today I had a Mrs. Sullivan's pecan pie for breakfast. Calorie wise, not so bad. Carbs=three days' allowance. Not gonna beat myself up about it. I made the conscious decision to eat it. Truthfully, it was good, but not as good as I remember.

Lunch will be 3 oz albacore tuna, 1 avocado, 2 tbsp sour cream, 2 tbsp Olive oil, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, and 1 cup romaine lettuce.

Likely, that will be all the food I eat today, unless I decide to eat 6 almonds as a snack.

We all mess up, but we all can do this! In it together!!
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    Morning all - Heading out for another day of meetings-stress-meetings-stress-meetings... well, you get the picture... I will be so glad when warm weather and sunlight come back so I can run away at the end of the day!! PT released me last week and I am cleared for low-impact exercise and judicious short runs if I do walk-run and stop if the knee hurts. Did 60 minutes on the stationary bike last night while catching up on Outlander and it felt pretty good!

My company started a "Better Health" wellness group last night. Weekly support and accountability. Normally not my thing, but considering what the past six months left to my own devices have earned me I obviously need some adult supervision!
    Have a good day all!
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member

Good morning All~~

Suzu - So did you attend the wellness group last night? If yes, I hope that you make a go of it. Few people like a group thing, but if it has decent chemistry, it can be quite a nice thing, I think. I'm assuming there is no cost involved; Weight Watchers is expensive in comparison these days.

Tracy - be careful trying to stay within your calories/carbs today because of that pie. You don't want to end up hangry late tonight and eat something out of control.

Sara - that would be nice to let your friend know about the job opening. Good karma!

*tossing towel and spy novel onto favorite lounge chair for later*

Lana

246.8 today
    250.0 highest
    201.0 goal for June 21
    185.0 goal
  • Twiley510

Tracy - be careful trying to stay within your calories/carbs today because of that pie. You don't want to end up hangry late tonight and eat something out of control.

Thanks, Lana! I will. Fortunately, (?) I don't have much appetite these days. My doctor put me on DHEA and it is suppressing my desire for food something fierce. I have to force food down most of the time. I rarely even eat after 2 pm, just because it's not worth the effort. Why do it if you don't enjoy it? That applies to food as well as exercise. ;)

• LanaCabana537

Tracy, that is interesting about the DHEA. Did your doctor put you on it in order to suppress appetite?

I wouldn't be able to take it because of breast cancer history and heart problems. :neutral:

Lana
  • Twiley510

Did your doctor put you on it in order to suppress appetite?

She actually put me on it to raise my testosterone. It is supposed to help my sleep patterns (it has!) and combat some other symptoms of low T. The appetite suppression is just a side effect.

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    just checking in to say hi.

CW 196.4
    HW209
    GW170
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2019
    I want to strangle these insurance phone menu
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Hello all!

Eating is better and better - but still snacking a bit too much at times, even if it’s a healthier snack. Had to work late today. Was going to do both workouts, but I still got in one of them! Proud of that at least. Before I’d come home too tired and would make excuses.

So ready for this weekend. Next weekend starts my “bachelorette” duties and then the wedding. I’m not where I want to be for it, but I am trying my best to just enjoy and then keep going. Onward!

HW: 190-ish
    CW: 184.8
    GW: 160 (for now)

• Tilliesmommy1
    7911 steps total

Had phone call with friend and told him about job possibility at my company - never know.

WW reminded me to make dinner out of leftover lunch - korean beef and rice - not too difficult.

Wishing all a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning, Yippee!! It's Friday. Scale was kinder this morning.

#6 bag waiting to be tossed, so much stuff it is not difficult (not a HUGE) bag either. Keeping # helps motivate.

Will make a teal scarf with a cable pattern - didnt take too long to find cable hook luckily (you can use a double point knitting needle but the cable hook is easier and I can be all thumbs with complicated patterns). Teal is the color for awhile.

New computer screen and upgraded to Windows 10 hard drive so learning curve at work on how to find things on computer.

Eryn, when is the wedding?

Wave to all who follow. Lurking from work.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    edited January 2019
    Good morning All~~

Suzu - So did you attend the wellness group last night? If yes, I hope that you make a go of it. Few people like a group thing, but if it has decent chemistry, it can be quite a nice thing, I think. I'm assuming there is no cost involved; Weight Watchers is expensive in comparison these days.

Lana - Yes, I did join the group, and while the information isn't new ( let's face it - most of us know what we are supposed to do) there were some good "support buddies" in the group. Appreciate the note!
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    Welp due to the worst bout of heart burn I've ever had (and going to see a doctor about it because it's pretty chronic at this point) I haven't been logging because I haven't been really eating. I'm also at a loss of how to meal plan, everything I bought to cook seems like a possible landmine.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited January 2019
    Megan/Marsel - wowie glad you are seeing a doctor for this. Not fun. This place keeps me on a healthy lifestyle so for me it is not just food - post whenever you like. Get your "eat this" and "dont eat this" from the Dr and that will help. Hang in there.

Missy - love your new second job win/win - great job with your week.

Checked post from this morning, weekend will be sewing up scarves (2) for cancer center and crocheting some hearts (see how hand takes it) for package coworker will deliver next week.

Food? Not sure maybe the powerbowl recipe I posted this week.

Lurking - the vultures are doing their rounds.
  • marsellilove
    marsellilove Posts: 122 Member
    gemwolf110 wrote: »

Having heartburn is awful, definitely should consult a doctor and take note of the foods that set it off.

The problem seems to be that everything sets it off, drinking water gives me heartburn which I've heard shouldn't be possible???

• hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Ugh! Only 3318 steps yesterday. Granted, I had fitbit charging most of day at work, but still frightfully lacking in steps.
    Weather forecast is saying 6-8" snow, with some local spots as much as 9-10" starting late tonight. At least we are not in MO where there are spots expecting 12-18". Yikes!
    Dawn - are you in that snowmeggedon??
    Saturday is Jeep club holiday party. Its a buffet meal, so I will really have to watch myself. Normally, I would drink a ton of water before and during the meal to keep me feeling filled up. However, I have to set up and present stuff so cant afford to be running to the bathroom every 20 seconds!
  • LanaCabana537

Hello Everybody!

Waving to all who stop by today. It's 3PM, and I've got to get out there for some exercise. Yick. Too cold!

BBL

Lana

244.4 today
    250.0 highest
    201.0 June 22 Beach House goal 😮
    185.0 goal
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Hello all!
    Marsellove - when are you seeing a Dr.? Don't mean to add fright to your heartburn - but women manifest heart issues with heartburn sometimes. Just don't let them be dismissive about it!
    Missy - never got into hockey -although it looks like fun. My kids all played soccer and I loved that sport more than I thought I ever would! I just heard refs at kid levels are at an all time shortage - all because of rude parents!
    Have a great weekend everyone!
    Lynn