Miranda's Progress thread

Replies

• mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    NOM NOM NOM I love that kinda preparation! Funny that they call it Chicken Maryland...I've always heard that style (crab with hollandaise *and sometimes tomato*) referred to as Oscar style :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2019
    Nice loss!!! :)
  • jadeblue14
    jadeblue14 Posts: 182 Member
    The bar does things a little weird sometimes, but it was very tasty. We go a lot of trivia on Wednesdays, so that might become my standard order. Relatively healthy.
    Last night I had the home chef, and I did wind up eating a serving of the cheese and proscuito while I was cleaning the kitchen/prepping dinner. OMAD became stretched longer than I'd intended, since Jason got stuck at work later. But not a big deal.
    I feel amazing this morning. It's one of those days I just feel thinner. Wished I'd had time to take measurements this morning. But I also woke up not tired. I still didn't want to get out of bed, because it's cold out and the dog was cuddling, but I was wide awake. I added in squats and calf raises this week. I alternate the days I'm doing them, and try to do reps of 10 throughout the workday. I hope the muscles I had made while running bounce back ok after about 6 months of slacking.
    Tonight is another home chef. Pork Chop With Parsley-garlic Butter With Spicy Peas and Carrots. Also only about 600 calories, so I'll eat some cheese to get that up closer to 1k. My goal is to average 1200 cals (ish) a week. So I'm trying to balance lower days with higher ones.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

2/11/18 SW: 183
    Start weight (1/2/19) 163.3
    Current weight (1/11/19) 160.4
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    That is awesome!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    NICE WORK! Food sounds DELISH! :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Terrific!!! :)
  • jadeblue14
    Well, I started typing this up this morning but computer crash, so here we go again.
    I was 159.6 Saturday! back under 160 felt really good. I was at second job Saturday, and my students brought me hot chocolate, which spiked my blood sugar, so then I ate more to feel better. Wound up eating about 2400 cals, which is about maintenance for me on a busy day (and it was). But I felt it yesterday. Sodium and sluggish. I went to yoga in the morning, which I really want to get back in the habit of. And then we had a dungeons and dragons game last night and got take out from a pizza place. I got fish and chips, not the best choice food wise, but better than the cheese fries I usually got, so yay?
    Again, feeling it today. Sodium bloat and the scale is back up. But I'm drinking lots of water and I think I'll be solidly under 160 by the end of the week. Not sure what dinner is going to be tonight. I told Jason to surprise me.

Current weight (1/14/19) 161.4
  • Oh the 150s. how i long for them :0) Did you find that drinking water helps counter the salt retention?
  • mistymeadows2005
    I hit the salt hard too babe! FAKE NEWS! :P

We got this - by EOW we'll be alllll good!
  • volgirl1322
    Totally have a love/hate relationship with salt.....and chocolate...…

You totally will have it off by the end of the week :) stay strong....

• jadeblue14
    Oh the 150s. how i long for them :0) Did you find that drinking water helps counter the salt retention?

I don't know if it counters the water retention exactly, but it helps me feel better. So I'll still call it a win.
  • jadeblue14
    I hit the salt hard too babe! FAKE NEWS! :P

We got this - by EOW we'll be alllll good!
    Totally have a love/hate relationship with salt.....and chocolate...…

You totally will have it off by the end of the week :) stay strong....

Oh salt, how I love you and hate what you do to me. Also chocolate.
    We've got this! Salt weight is temporary!
  • jadeblue14
    Good morning (afternoon?) everyone!
    Jason wanted chinese, I wanted not that, so we comprimised and got sushi. So lots of healthy protien for me last night, but also a lot of salt. Still puffy today, but I know I was under my calorie goal so all will be ok in the end.
    Tonight we have another home chef. More salmon. I'm going to hit all my good omega 3s this week. That only comes to 500ish calories, so I'll also have some cheese and proscuito.
    And I'm still chugging that water.
    I'm also considering doing a 48-hour fast in the future. I've been reading a lot that it can have positive impacts on brain health. Working myself up to it.

Current weight (1/15/19) 161.0
  • volgirl1322
    You are doing great....I have done a 48 hour before and once I got past the 24 hour part I was cruising......I need to add another in soon......great results!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Good job babe! The salt is KILLING me right now so I totally feel ya - telling myself it's temporary OVER AND OVER lmao!!

Also, lemme know if you need any guidance etc in your 48 hour! I do one at least once a week, and I've done much longer, up to 96! They are AMAZING for weight loss of course, but also I find the mental clarity and the immune boost the more important impacts, and is the only reason I really do them (other than vanity of seeing a number on the scale LMAO).
  • jadeblue14
    Good job babe! The salt is KILLING me right now so I totally feel ya - telling myself it's temporary OVER AND OVER lmao!!

Also, lemme know if you need any guidance etc in your 48 hour! I do one at least once a week, and I've done much longer, up to 96! They are AMAZING for weight loss of course, but also I find the mental clarity and the immune boost the more important impacts, and is the only reason I really do them (other than vanity of seeing a number on the scale LMAO).

Thank you! I've been reading a lot how fasting can delay, prevent, or help with systems of Parkinson's. My dad has it, and I want to do everything I can to not get it (thus the eating healthier, loosing weight, exercising, etc). Fasting seems to have a huge impact on repairing brain cells in both regards to Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. Worth a shot. Did you have a plan going on? I might try it next week, as I have a show opening (I'm not on stage) and will be pretty busy. I thought that might help distract me.
  • mistymeadows2005
    jadeblue14 wrote: »

Thank you! I've been reading a lot how fasting can delay, prevent, or help with systems of Parkinson's. My dad has it, and I want to do everything I can to not get it (thus the eating healthier, loosing weight, exercising, etc). Fasting seems to have a huge impact on repairing brain cells in both regards to Parkinson's and Alzheimer's. Worth a shot. Did you have a plan going on? I might try it next week, as I have a show opening (I'm not on stage) and will be pretty busy. I thought that might help distract me.

For sure, all distractions help immensely -I kinda go week by week, as I feel - the 96 ones are really tough but the 72s aren't that bad - you're really only skipping 2 meals :) the 2nd day is when the mental clarity kinda kicks in for me...sleeping can get a little rough if you're not a good sleeper - I struggle a little bit with that, but not enough to stop me from doing it.

Hope this helps! :)
  • jadeblue14
    I had caffeine in my tea yesterday, which Ii realize is probably why I haven't been sleeping as well night since I originally cut it out. So Herbal tea only today. We'll see if that does the trick.
    We got three home chefs for the week, and decided to not do the salmon last night. That will be tonight's dinner, since it cooks quickest and Jason and I will both be home a little late tonight. So last night we had rosemary cream chicken with roasted acorn squash (with feta and walnuts). The chicken was ok, but the acorn squash was so good! And the easiest part of the food. We probably make it again on our own.
    So tonight will be the salmon, and probably some cheese to get my calories up.
    And the scale finally moved today! 2 more pounds until I'm back at preholiday weight, and then 5 more pounds until I'm back to pre stress eating weight.

Current weight (1/16/19) 159.4
  • mistymeadows2005
    Nice job babe! You keep talking about salmon and it makes me want it REALLY BAD...it's just SO expensive here inland LOL - how much does home chef run you btw?
  • volgirl1322
    Great great results...…..