how do I get thicc?

lemme hear ur journey stories because I’m slowly... very slowly...getting to where I want to be. What are good exercises? Recipes? any tips and tricks u found on the way? Anything to completely avoid?

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    thicc?
  • alexhayg
    alexhayg Posts: 96 Member
    Urban Dictionary definition: Thicc
    When a person has fat in the right places, creating sexy curves.
  • preciousleks
    preciousleks Posts: 213 Member
    Your girl here is getting thick, most of my clothes ain't fitting me. I eat 2,200 calories and exercise 5 times a week ( glute bridges, lunges, squats, hip thrust, donkey kicks) for 20 minutes. I saved some YouTube videos offline. Specifically from a YouTube name Kobokofitness. I do two videos at a go. Hope it helps. Currently I weigh 65.5kgs and am 23yrs old my hight is 5'8. Eat enough calories and exercise and be consistent. Thank me latter
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Have good genetics. Your can follow a progressive overload lifting program focused on lower body (like strongcurves) but without genetics, you aren't getting thick (outside of surgery).
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    My advice would be to eat in a small surplus (gaining around 0.5lb per week is good), get plenty of protein (at least 0.8-1g per lb bodyweight), eat more calorie dense foods and eat often (this thread can help: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1 )

Also realize that fat gain will be determined by genetics, so you can't control that, but you can have some control where the muscle gain goes which can give you a nice full figure so you want to follow a lifting program that suits your needs.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1 ... Strong Curves is on that list and is a great option for beginners, lifting at home with minimal equipment, etc.

I would not recommend any quick fixes.. you want this to be a lifelong habit of being able to eat and keep the weight on. It can take years and many cycles... so taking it slow and steady is the best way to do that.