Anyone seen weightloss from an upright bike

I have a treadmill but I am getting a stationary upright bike. Has anyone seen results using an upright bike, I guess as your main exercise equipment?

Replies

• jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Using it will certainly burn calories, help with fitness, etc. So will you see those results? Most definitely.

Whether or not you'll see any weightloss (which is what I assume you mean by results) will depend on your diet - specifically how many calories you're consuming vs how many your body burns.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Weight loss is about calories in vs calories out, if using an upright bike helps you to burn more calories than you're eating over the day then you'll lose weight, if you don't then you won't.

Focus more on what you're doing in the kitchen than the gym. Below explains the maths/science behind weight loss.

jzbvjrio0qk5.jpg
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    edited January 2019
    Its like anything exercise related, if we burn more than we eat we lose. I bought a stationary bike over a year ago, for me it means my workout gets done in half the time yet I burn similar calories - win win :smile: And yes, since I got my bike over a year ago I dropped to 5lbs below my original maintenance goal.