Anyone do piyo and how did you like it

Thinking about piyo because I can’t do a lot of stuff like jumping and I’m just starting so I’m not fit at all.

Replies

• j010219
    j010219 Posts: 20 Member
    I think it's a great place to start. Makes you flexible, increases strength but in a gentle way. After a whole 60 days it does get repetitive and I eventually got bored with it; I wouldn't use it as a standalone again, but I always go back to it if I'm injured or after being ill or if I feel like I've neglected flexibility.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    i cant do a lot of jumping either...so I did not like it,. I found that the changing of movement were jumping and it not held long so the jumping was frequent, went back to Lift 4 and power walking. I was so disappointed.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    I did it a few years ago and enjoyed it. It's much more challenging than it looks, but a good instructor will offer modifications. It's a great low-impact exercise.
  • poppytarts70
    poppytarts70 Posts: 20 Member
    urloved33 wrote: »
    i cant do a lot of jumping either...so I did not like it,. I found that the changing of movement were jumping and it not held long so the jumping was frequent, went back to Lift 4 and power walking. I was so disappointed.

I was thinking about doing liift and piyo combination. I am glad to hear piyo was enjoyed by some of you. Thanks for your input. :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I did piyo while taking a break from vigorous cardio and heavy lifting. If you alternate days, it.might work with lifting, but it does tire your muscles. Make sure you get enough recovery time.
  • jbuksa6
    jbuksa6 Posts: 15 Member
    I love it but it was a lot harder than I thought it would be. From there tried other programs and modified the jumping. Took impack out