Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge [Term 23] - 9 Week Weight Loss Challenge *Jan 18th- March 24th*

Kisame29
Kisame29 Posts: 9,410 Member

Happy 2019 to all my fellow witches and wizards!

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is approaching our 23rd term and we're opening up the application to anyone would like to apply :)

Term 23 information:
  • Term 23 will be a 9 week term themed around Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
  • The term will run from Friday, January 18th 2018 (with starting weigh-in starting that Friday and the full activities beginning on Monday) through Sunday, March 24th. However, you should expect to join by THURSDAY, January 17th to keep your place as a student since we want to get everyone settled into the Common Rooms and Hogwarts before the challenge starts.
  • You will receive notification via owl (PM/email) if you have been accepted or put on the wait list. Owls should go out on Monday, January 14th through Tuesday, January 15th (and should be received by the end of Wednesday, January 16th). If you do NOT join by 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, January 17th or respond to the prefect that PM'd you, then your spot will be given to someone on the wait list. So make sure to respond to your acceptance PM to hold your space :)
  • Wait List Owls will be sent as emails (since they are more reliable) while acceptance Owls may be PMs or emails based on how the prefects decide to send them. The key point is to check both the email you gave us in the application AND your PMs.
  • If you have not received ANY PM or email by the morning of Friday, January 18th, please feel free to PM me or one of the headgirls @Maalea or @fithphoenix so one of us can help you figure out what happened (ie if you just didn't receive your PM/email, if there was a typo in your username on the application, etc). Everyone who applied should receive SOME type of message (PM or email) by Friday, January 18th if we successfully received your application.
  • We also highly suggest joining Hogsmeade Village since we will be using that group to help communicate with everyone between terms (and communicate with wait listers during a term).

General Information:
  • We have a variety of challenges including food/dietary challenges (Potions), trivia (Defense Against the Dark Arts), and physical challenges (Quidditch), in addition to special challenges to match the theme.
  • We also have a weekly weigh-in every Friday through Sunday.
  • We require a certain amount of participation each week and you may be expelled for missing too many challenges without giving appropriate notification to your prefect. Full details are in the rules although PM if you have questions!

Feel free to contact a member of the staff with any questions including our headgirls @fitphoenix and @Maalea. You may also post in this thread or contact @Kisame29 (Hogwarts Deputy Headmistress) to confirm that your application was received.

We highly suggest applying as soon as possible to guarantee yourself a spot.

Sincerely,
Kisame
(Deputy Headmistress)

Replies

• Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 15,998 Member
    Yeah! <3
  • sammylynn928
    sammylynn928 Posts: 7 Member
    The creativity behind this is awesome! So much fun! For others who join, feel free to add me as a friend! :)
  • puttyputty
    puttyputty Posts: 2,993 Member
    So glad we are about to start another term!
  • jed1316
    jed1316 Posts: 25 Member
    Sounds fun. This will be my first time. I just filled out the application.
  • stinabean83
    stinabean83 Posts: 1,233 Member
    This sounds sooo awesome!! Hope I get in!! Such a cool idea 😁
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Can't wait for another term to start. Hope to see lots of you at Hogwarts!
  • MeganD1553
    MeganD1553 Posts: 32 Member
    This is an amazing idea! I just sent my application can’t wait to get my response by owl 😁 every feel free to add me :)
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,248 Member
    Can't wait for the Term 23 to begin!! Looking forward to seeing everyone!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    edited January 2019
    I can’t wait for Term 23 to begin to see everyone at Hogwarts!!!
    16bq1mzabxbi.jpeg
  • DanielleFayeS
    DanielleFayeS Posts: 1,943 Member
    Applied! I was thinking challenges are helpful to me and could use some more.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Can’t wait! Anxiously awaiting my owl!!
  • julia0427
    julia0427 Posts: 64 Member
    This is such a great idea !! Hope I get an Owl!!
  • Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 15,998 Member
    Only one week left to wait! B)
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,629 Member
    One more week, yahooooooo!
  • JesusGirl62
    JesusGirl62 Posts: 9,481 Member
    So excited to have come across this. My husband and son/daughter-in-law gave me a trip to Harry Potter World/Universal Studios for Christmas. We've loved HP since we read the first word almost 15 years ago. We go in May. My goal is to up my exercise game and lose 10 lbs so I'll be in great shape to enjoy all the Park has to offer! I'm going to Hogwarts for real y'all!
  • fitphoenix
    @JesusGirl62, have fun! I've been twice to the Wizarding World in Florida and had a blast. :)
  • JesusGirl62
    JesusGirl62 Posts: 9,481 Member
    @fitphoenix I can't wait. They've been several times and have loved it. I think they are as excited to see my reaction to it as they are about going again.
  • fitphoenix
    @JesusGirl62, yes, I think that's a big part of the fun! Seeing people experience the magic for the first time is awesome. :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    wasn't sure if i filled it out before. so i did it (possible 2x)
    i've been missing my peoples
  • puttyputty
    puttyputty Posts: 2,993 Member
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    wasn't sure if i filled it out before. so i did it (possible 2x)
    i've been missing my peoples

I'm so glad you'll be back. :love:

And welcome to all of the newcomers, too!