Question about supersets

I am confused about the order to preform a superset. Im new to working out and think I've just overcomplicated something simple to understand.

Part of the workout is:

Superset 3 sets of 10:
Reverse fly
Rotating bent over row

Burn out complex 2 sets:
10 wide bicep curl
10 front bicep curl
10 hammer bicep curl

My question is when completing the superset do I complete all reps of the reverse fly so 30 reps and move on to the next exercise and do the same. Or do I complete 10 reps and move on to the next exercise and preform 10 and do that two more times? Or does it not really matter either way? Sorry if this a simple question for most, I just want to do things the most effective way.

Replies

• sophssmm
    sophssmm Posts: 1 Member
    Hi,

To answer your question you should do the first exercise for 10 reps and then the second exercise for 10 reps, that is 1 set you then rest for a minute and then do the 2nd set and repeat for 3rd set.

Hope that has helped
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    You do one set of the first exercise and immediately move to the next exercise for a set and then rest and repeat.
  • claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,329 Member
    I was confused by supersets when I first started! So it means you need to do 10 reverse flys, then straight into 10 rows. Have a break, and repeat that two more times. For the next superset, again do 10 of each THEN take a break, and start over again.

Good luck!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    thveal wrote: »
    Im new to working out

You're following an advanced program. Good starter programs don't have supersets, burn-out sets, or 60 reps of biceps (with pointless wide vs. front variations). Switch to one of the beginner's programs in the pinned post. :+1:
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Im new to working out

You're following an advanced program. Good starter programs don't have supersets, burn-out sets, or 60 reps of biceps (with pointless wide vs. front variations). Switch to one of the beginner's programs in the pinned post. :+1:

I think Cherimoose is referencing this page, if you did not previously review the "must reads." There are several great posts on starting lifting.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300310/most-helpful-posts-fitness-and-exercise-must-reads#latest

• thveal
    thveal Posts: 13 Member
    Thank you everyone!! I will go read the information in the link and start there. 😊
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Im new to working out

Every beginner program I've used has utilized supersets. But those things do sound complex, burn-out sets? 60 reps just for biceps?

You don't have to do them that way, if it creates a logistical problem in your gym or you just don't like it. The idea is that you are resting the working muscles in a given exercise while not just resting, you work some other muscles.