Anyone else logging 1,200-1,300 per day?

Meginkg
Meginkg Posts: 23 Member
What are your go to meals and tips?

Would love more friends here and have an open diary so feel free to add me :)

Replies

• khcrmo
    khcrmo Posts: 40 Member
    I think i am at 1230. I just started this week so i dont have all the answers yet either!
  • ToesLikeBeans
    ToesLikeBeans Posts: 3 Member
    which meals are you looking for? Or all meals?
  • BreadLady41
    BreadLady41 Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2019
    I'm aiming for 1200, too. But don't look at my diary for good advice! It's not been a great start. Right now I'm sadly drinking carnation instant breakfast once a day. ha. all that sugar. I anticipate seeing some improvements in the next few weeks - trying to be gracious with myself so that perfectionism doesn't make me quit - if I at least get in the habit of paying attention to calories then I can start swapping out to the foods I know are healthier. We can do this. :) As I identify good meals, I'll be willing to share.

I'm actually always a fan of a 3 ounce grilled steak with 2 cups of broccoli and a baked potato (make sure you measure the butter - that's what'll get you. perhaps just salt it slightly and skip the butter.). I also really like greek style food - I make my own whole wheat pita bread, so as long as I have some lamb cooked up in the fridge, some greek dressing, and a supply of plain greek yogurt, cucumbers, roasted red peppers, black olives, feta, onion, tomatoes, and baby spinach, I'm a happy camper. Doesn't take much and remarkably low calorie if put together the right way (lots of veggies, light on dairy, meat, and olives). I haven't logged these meals yet, but I know they are good dinners - around 600 calories or so is my estimate - for someone who has light breakfasts and lunches (I aim for about 250 calories at breakfast, 350 at lunch, and 600 at dinner).

• bookcase101
    bookcase101 Posts: 32 Member
    I’m on 1200 feel free to add me. I’m struggling to fit in making meals from scratch right now between work being busy and the kids having tons on. I am sticking to my daily allowance though and my diary is open though so you’re welcome to have a look
  • spaghetti285
    spaghetti285 Posts: 38 Member
    Yes I'm on 1200. I'd love a few friends.. Add me guys.. I'm looking for ideas too. I'm new to this. I Keep going over the sugar limit
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    I am on 1750 calories a day (male, about 80 kg to lose) and find MFP very useful - started some 300 days ago. I am good with preparing a healthy meal plan for the next day - but my portion control is still not very good. I recently started to set myself a target of calories for my main meals of the day and for snacks according to my general eating habits. So far so good - breaking up my daily calorie allowance into 4 parts seems to make more sense to me and it does help me with portion control. I have used the MFP calculation formula and so far I have lost about 27 kg.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    I aim for net 1200-1300
    But I basically eat whatever I feel like (within reason), as long as it fits into my day
    I try to pick either things that come clearly labelled with all the calorie information, or cook stuff from scratch tho - I rarely eat meals away from home
  • kt_white
    kt_white Posts: 4 Member
    I am on 1200 calories a day and although I have only just started your very welcome to add me.
  • blwhitfield22101
    blwhitfield22101 Posts: 44 Member
    I'm around 1200 on a keto diet. Add me! :)
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Aiming for around 1350 (I'm fairly tall). Add me... I need to open my diary up, but haven't done that yet.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    edited January 2019
    I hope you all mean that you "net" 1200. 1200 calories total is only enough if you're in a coma. Eat 1200 (or what MFP recommended) plus at least half of your exercise calories. It may slow your weight loss in the short term, but it will help you stick to it in the long term and help prevent malnutrition. <3
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    I aim for 12-1300 a day. More if it’s a run day though.

I eat a lot of chicken and rice as an easy, quick go-to meal. Usually eggs in the morning. I’ve pretty much cut out snacking entirely. With that low of a calorie count there’s not a lot of extra room for snacks if you want decently sized meals. I’ve found that having a larger breakfast and dinner with a small lunch keeps me the most satisfied during the day. I also eat a lot of carbs (usually around 50%) and always try to hit my protein goal as well because that’s what keeps me feeling fuller longer.

What works for me might not work for you though. It’s a learning process, you have to try different things to figure out what works the best for you. And if you are really having trouble sticking to your calories or going to bed hungry every night then 1200 is probably too low for you and you need to up your daily calorie goal.
  • Add me I am doing keto and would love to see others diaries!
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    Kathryn247 wrote: »
    I hope you all mean that you "net" 1200. 1200 calories total is only enough if you're in a coma. Eat 1200 (or what MFP recommended) plus at least half of your exercise calories. It may slow your weight loss in the short term, but it will help you stick to it in the long term and help prevent malnutrition. <3

Hi from comaville.
    You know...it is possible to need that few, perhaps I can enlighten you. I use a wheelchair and sit ALL DAY. That is what MFP allotted for me, and I lose about 2 pounds a month. I also do upper body weight lifting at home so I don't lose what muscle I have but otherwise my picture would be next to "Sedentary" in the dictionary.
    While yes, that is not an advisable amount of calories for 80% of the population,, I just happen to be in that 20% remaining.

To the OP: my diary is open...feel free to add me! I don't do Keto or any specific diet plan