Frozen meals

Does anyone have any suggestions for some tasty frozen meals? Doesn't have to be lean cuisine or the like (aka doesn't have to be super low cal or low fat or whatever). Just any brand or specific meal that you've enjoyed!

I've come to the conclusion over the past few weeks that I hate cooking and meal-prepping and everything. (Plus holy crap is it expensive when doing it just for one person!) When I was at my healthiest in terms of both weight and mentality, I ate a ton of Amy's frozen meals and Stouffer's pot pies. I'd pair with a bag of frozen veggies and call it a done deal! I need that in my life again because cooking is not working out for me. I don't think anything that I cook is all that delicious... And as such, I find myself wanting to just go out to eat and that's more difficult to log accurately!

Replies

• MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    I was going to tell you how much I love Amy’s meals, but I see you’ve already tried those. If it’s been a while, they make a lot more options now, all delicious.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Ditto on the Amy's. Evol is good, too. And a few of the Stouffer's fit kitchen. I really like the bourbon steak one.
  • Fatty_Nuff
    Fatty_Nuff Posts: 273 Member
    Amy's def. the best. But so freaking expensive. I vote for Healthy Choice #2. Lean Cuisine are ok but tend to have more sodium.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Yep, amy's and Fit Kitchen are great, but I wish they would go on sale more. I like the Stouffers pesto chicken pasta, and most of the Lean Cuisines with over 15g of protein. And same as you, I tend to mix them with frozen veggies and sometimes I'll have a HB egg too with the lower cal ones.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Echoing the Amy’s.

I also like Evol and Saffron Road.
  • siobhanaoife
    siobhanaoife Posts: 150 Member
    I find it vaguely embarrassing to acknowledge that I sometimes buy frozen meals online and have them delivered, but here goes: I love the meals from BistroMD. They have a whole weight loss subscription plan but I ignore that and just buy a la carte when my freezer is getting low, from balance.bistromd.com.
  • newhopeind
    newhopeind Posts: 34 Member
    Marie Calender’s has some really good ones; my favorites are the Spicy Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese, the Beef and Broccoli and the Bean Rice and Cheese Bowl.

They’re tasty (especially if you want a little flavor) but as with all frozen/preprepared meals, watch out for sodium.

They are also normally on sale at my local grocery store. I think it’s normally $2.50/meal so it’s reasonably affordable. I normally have one for lunch.
  • dashagrr
    dashagrr Posts: 43 Member
    I love losing weight on frozen meals. Easy peasy, no obsession with food I tend to get with meal prep and planning. I like Stouffer's and Chili's.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    I'm currently loving several Trader Joe's frozen meals including the butter chicken with rice and beef shepherd's pie.
  • rcervetto
    rcervetto Posts: 56 Member
    If you have a Trader Joe's near you, I love many of their frozen meals - Indian (my favorites are the chicken tikka masala and lamb vindaloo, they have frozen naan you can pair with it too depending on your calorie allowance), burritos, tamales, taquitos (I LOVE the black bean and cheese ones), bunch of stir fry type meals and more.
  • emmylootwo
    emmylootwo Posts: 172 Member
    Thanks guys! I've never been to a Trader Joe's but know we have a few around here. I'll check it out sometime. In the meantime, I did go out and buy a few frozen meals. I got Evol, Marie Calendar's, and the Stouffer's Fit Kitchen. Plus some Amy's of course!

Speaking of which, I just tried the Amy's Chile Relleno casserole. Probably the BEST frozen meal I've ever had. So cheesy and hearty and wow.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    emmylootwo wrote: »
    Thanks guys! I've never been to a Trader Joe's but know we have a few around here. I'll check it out sometime. In the meantime, I did go out and buy a few frozen meals. I got Evol, Marie Calendar's, and the Stouffer's Fit Kitchen. Plus some Amy's of course!

Speaking of which, I just tried the Amy's Chile Relleno casserole. Probably the BEST frozen meal I've ever had. So cheesy and hearty and wow.

I love that one too. The cheese enchilada meal is also very good.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    I make big batches of meals with a lot of liquid like chicken tikka masala or chicken cacciatore, freeze a bunch of it, and then I have frozen meals on demand! :smiley:
  • MarieRosekenji85
    MarieRosekenji85 Posts: 147 Member
    Atkins meals are pretty tasty, I pair them with a small side salad or bagged frozen veggies, they even make breakfast bowls, you could add a piece of fruit and coffee/ breakfast drink and call it a meal.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Do you have a crock pot? I make things like chili and spaghetti sauce in the crock pot and freeze it in individual servings. It’s very little work for me.
  • moogie_fit
    moogie_fit Posts: 279 Member
    emmylootwo wrote: »
    Does anyone have any suggestions for some tasty frozen meals? Doesn't have to be lean cuisine or the like (aka doesn't have to be super low cal or low fat or whatever). Just any brand or specific meal that you've enjoyed!

I've come to the conclusion over the past few weeks that I hate cooking and meal-prepping and everything. (Plus holy crap is it expensive when doing it just for one person!) When I was at my healthiest in terms of both weight and mentality, I ate a ton of Amy's frozen meals and Stouffer's pot pies. I'd pair with a bag of frozen veggies and call it a done deal! I need that in my life again because cooking is not working out for me. I don't think anything that I cook is all that delicious... And as such, I find myself wanting to just go out to eat and that's more difficult to log accurately!

I eat the great value macaroni and beef and other low calorie pastas and then add my own protein like pre cooked shrimp or egg whites. I also eat a lot of canned foods such as corn and beans
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    My dad subscribed to this service.

https://www.hearttohomemeals.ca