Air fryers?

Air fryers? Any good or a no no?

Replies

• Teabythesea_
    Teabythesea_ Posts: 559 Member
    I’ve always wondered if the same thing can be accomplished by spraying food with oil (as is required by the air fryer) and cooking it in a convection oven on a high temp...
  • april84slusher
    april84slusher Posts: 3 Member
    I love my air fryer. I highly recommend getting one & an insta pot. They have saved us so much time. My husband and I both work, plus our boys are in sports. Absolutely not much time to do anything as you can imagine.
    The air fryer & insta pot have made it possible for us to make dinner when before it would have been close to impossible.

The food is absolutely delicious! The crispy outside & juicy inside on chicken. French fries in no time. You name it you can make it.

Check out Pinterest for tons of amazing recipes.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    I love mine. It’s technically just a small convection oven, but I have a convection toaster oven and convection regular oven and the stuff I cook in the air fryer has a crispier outside and less dry inside (aka-they taste more “fried”) than those items cooked in my other covection ovens.

Not a necessity by any stretch of the imagination, but I do get significantly different (and better) results for pseudo fried foods that are cooked in it vs regular or toaster sized convection ovens.

So if you have the space and money to spare, I think it’s worth it. But it’s not a requirement.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2019
    THEY ARE AWESOME!!!! I love them for cooking plain turkey or chicken breast and veggies. All I put was turkey breast with some spices and BAM! I0zxymaciqz23.jpg
    t makes the turkey and chicken have an awesome crispy coating on the outside. Tastes WAY better than baked. I like making mini cakes in it along with eggs, etc. It is the best way to heat up leftovers. Basically I put everything in it, haha!

Google "best air fryer recipes" or "air fryer protein cake" (made with protein powder, comes out awesome!)
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    I use mine all the time. Roasts (meat and fresh veggies so have no idea what the above poster was saying about prepackaged really), toasted sandwiches and open grills, homemade pizza, frittatas, reheating said frittatas and other pastries, garlic bread for my daughter ...... I love that the food is nice and crispy while using very little oil. There is nothing worse than soggy veggies and pastries or bread.
  • blackhawkgirl91
    blackhawkgirl91 Posts: 223 Member
    Got one for Christmas and I love it! Our oven take WAY too long to heat to a good roasting temp, then takes forever to do it. When feeding two busy people, it's just not practical. The AirFryer fixes that and we are eating our veggies and also airfrying vs oil frying meat and other things. Not exactly "low calorie," but definitely lower! ;)
  • sczoo26
    sczoo26 Posts: 102 Member
    I too love my AirFryer and if it broke down I would 100% replace ASAP! I cook all sorts in mine and the best part no oils or added fats added the chips are out of this world 💪😋
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    I got a Ninja Foodi for Christmas and I love it. It's a pressure cooker and air fryer in one. Dinner on the table in no time.
  • txmommyofboys_
    txmommyofboys_ Posts: 3 Member
    I use mine every day. Every morning, I air fry 4 slices of bacon (no flipping or grease splatter!) I also make my green beans and potatoes in it every day,. I like that it also keeps things warm even after cooking :)
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I LOVE my air fryer and love to use it to "fry" french fries, fish, chicken wings etc. mine come out great!~!!@!1
  • I love my airfryer I’ve had it for so long I think I’m due an upgrade 👍🏻
  • Gracie12311
    Gracie12311 Posts: 44 Member
    It’s definitely not a toaster oven. I have both and can attest that they’re different and cook differently. I love the air fryer for its convenience. Takes no time at all to preheat (3 minutes), cooks things evenly and always make the outer (whatever) crispy and the inside juicy/soft, etc. Bacon, burgers, fries, biscuits, pierogies, everything is cooked the way you want it. And I really like it for reheating meats, pizza, etc. Doesn’t turn out mushy like in the microwave and doesn’t take any time at all like it would in the oven.

I have no clue why those who don’t have one would even comment. And those who don’t like it (who have one) just need to fine tune the temp and cooking times (I did). I also don’t understand the prepacked comment either, I don’t buy any of that stuff and fries and onion rings turn out great.

I highly recommend. For both convenience and turn out.
  • Danielleh1130
    Danielleh1130 Posts: 2 Member
    I’ve always wondered if the same thing can be accomplished by spraying food with oil (as is required by the air fryer) and cooking it in a convection oven on a high temp...

I've never used oil in my air fryer :)

Honestly, it makes food way better than just putting it in the oven, or using an actual fryer.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member

I've never used oil in my air fryer :)

Honestly, it makes food way better than just putting it in the oven, or using an actual fryer.

I would never use oil in my air fryer, that defeats the purpose, lol. I have never had to use oil either.