• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,328 Member
    9162 total steps

Time to cuddle up with Miss T

Wishing all a good night
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,837 Member

Hi Lynn, Hi Sara~~

Sara I especially like the middle green image about the days of the week. So true!

I totally forgot about Happy Hour at the Cabana Club. *kitten*

Lana
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    It's Saturday!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! Mine will be busy with Moose activities and a birthday dinner for my significant other. I have little control over the ingredients for my food this weekend, but will do the best I can.

Hoping to stop by later to see how everyone's doing.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

Twiley!! Enjoy your activities this weekend.

Miss T was fussing last night and I thought she was not well, so we went on a long walk - seems she just wanted to walk. I decided to enjoy the extra steps and met a new neighbor. It will be easy to fall asleep again this morning.

Will make the roasted vegetable/hard boiled egg/ whole30 powerbowl salad I posted the link awhile back and let you know....

Marsel - on this infamously long walk with dog I began to wonder if any of your heartburn is stress. Former Supervisor moved to another state to accommodate her husband and I remember her saying she could hardly eat anything because of the heartburn and she lived on Tums (not a good long term solution medication btw). It may be playing a part in this. Just glad you are going to see Dr.

Wave to all who follow.
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    I find the same with the Real Appeal group that is offered through work (technically the insurance plan) but it's nice to have the group support even though it is all via computer. It's free, as opposed to paying 45 bucks a month for WW. I do kinda miss the in person setting though. I think the in person provides more accountability.[/quote]

ours is actually on-sight after work one night a week. There were enough of us they decided to spring for a trainer. I was so glad to see this, because I tend o do better if I'm on the road and have a travel partner that has the same food needs that I do.
  • suzu_2
    So this time last year I was sitting at 152 very fit pounds - 1 ran or hit the gym almost daily, ran 4 half marathons from November to March, and had steadily dropped from my all time high of 216 couch potato pounds to a well maintained 148-152 range.
    Then in May I was bitten on the foot by a brown recluse, spent a week in the hospital, three weeks with a PICC line getting daily antibiotics at the infusion center. The leg and foot swelled for months after, and even with a compression stocking threw my stride off enough that I ended up with a partial thickness tear of the meniscus at the root of my MCL. Knee would lock (or give) without warning and was really painful. Unfortunately I was still eating like I was running and going to the gym every day... I knew better. I really did.
    Here is where I am: All time high, current high, today, and goal.

ALHW: 216.0
    CHW: 192.6
    TW: 187.4
    GW: 152
  • LanaCabana537

Oh my goodness Suzu! How awful with that spider bite! Yikes.
    How is your knee now?
    You know what to do. That program at work has landed just at the right time, I'd say. Perfect. Bonus observation of having a travel co-worker on program; that is just wonderful.
    Suzu - where do you live? I am sometimes NYC, sometimes Chapel Hill, NC.

Tracy~~
    Happy Birthday to your SO! 🎉

📣 🔊 E R Y N 👀
    Am I remembering correctly that you live in Charleston, SC?
    I ask because I am going there for a few days in April and I would love your opinion on whether to fly between Raleigh and Charleston or rent a car and drive. Two friends of mine have a VRBO in the middle of the city for a week, and they plan on using mass transit and Uber to get around. I am staying with them for 3 days.

Sara - Nice to meet a neighbor yesterday evening~~ I hope that you totaled up some good sleep last night.

~~~Waving to Dawn (in snowstorm!) and Missy and Kathryn and Tess and Saltine and Tracey in Edmonton and Lynn and Runa and Meg and anyone else who stops by later on~~~

Lana

250.0 highest
    244.4 today
    201.0 June 22?
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Well, for whatever reason, it won't let me share my pic. We have about 6 inches of snow and it's still coming down. Last night was scary driving home. Went off the road twice and did a donut in middle of Hwy. Now, to clarify, the Hwy is just a 2 lane road. So, it isn't as scary as it sounds. But, spinning completely around on any road, completely out of control, is scary to me. That was after it had been snowing about 4 hrs and was just starting to stick to roads. I was supposed to go in this morning. Didn't even try. Still snowing. It's let up a bit. But, supposed to get more. Power is flickering.. thank goodness we have a wood stove... guess we were due for a good snow storm. I just don't want to drive in it. Anyone else snowed in, be safe.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Pic is on my home page... silly MFP
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Hi all - Happy Weekend! We are supposed to get snow starting this afternoon between 3:00-4:00 and continuing into Sunday. Only supposed to be 4-6” at most, which to this WNY-born girl is nothing. But in DC, it’s a lot of snow. People are out and frantically shopping for supplies as if they are going to be stuck inside for days. I’m out at lunch with hubby right now but soon heading to the gym to work off some indiscretions from the week. :smile: Remembering the motto for 2019: “forgive myself.”

Waves to all - will check in later.

Tess
  • suzu_2
    edited January 2019
    How is your knee now?
    You know what to do. That program at work has landed just at the right time, I'd say. Perfect. Bonus observation of having a travel co-worker on program; that is just wonderful.

Memphis girl born and raised! The knee is better, but I'm being a chicken about running on it right now because I'm afraid I'm going to completely tear it up. Have been working back into low impact things like the stationary bike. If it ever quits raining I'm going to hit our Greenline and just start slow.

• Tilliesmommy1
    https://www.wellplated.com/whole30-vegetarian-power-bowls/

Broken glass as things fell out of cupboard - not part of making this again --- at least lets hope not. I am waiting for eggs to cool off - will only have to make this once a week. The recipe also suggests chicken and nuts as options.

wow will read back
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Tofu Tacos sound delicious, Sara! Let us know if they are as good as they sound.

Snow has started! Not a lot yet - just enough to cover the ground and roads so far, and make things pretty. We are hunkered down for the night. I made black bean soup (really more of a stew, since I let it thicken) and threw some diced cooked chicken breast tenderloins into it. I used a mix I found in a catalog - Healthy Sisters. Very delicious without additives. What I also love is the company is a way for vulnerable women to earn money - each package is “signed” by the woman who packed it. Here’s a link if anyone is interested: http://www.healthysisters.org/

Cheers,

Tess
  • Tilliesmommy1
    6964 total steps

NSV!! I have mastered prepping cauliflower and kale.

Wishing all a good night
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    suzu_2 wrote: »

Memphis girl born and raised!

[/quote]

Cue music 🎶It's a small world, after all! 🎶

I, too, am a Memphis girl! Not living there now, but not far away either.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    How is your knee now?

Tracy~~
    Happy Birthday to your SO! 🎉

📣 🔊 E R Y N 👀
    Am I remembering correctly that you live in Charleston, SC?
    I ask because I am going there for a few days in April and I would love your opinion on whether to fly between Raleigh and Charleston or rent a car and drive. Two friends of mine have a VRBO in the middle of the city for a week, and they plan on using mass transit and Uber to get around. I am staying with them for 3 days.

Sara - Nice to meet a neighbor yesterday evening~~ I hope that you totaled up some good sleep last night.

~~~Waving to Dawn (in snowstorm!) and Missy and Kathryn and Tess and Saltine and Tracey in Edmonton and Lynn and Runa and Meg and anyone else who stops by later on~~~

Lana

250.0 highest
    244.4 today
    201.0 June 22?
    185.0 goal

——

Yes!! So that’s about a 4 hour distance. If you don’t mind a little driving, I’d say go for that! I don’t think there are any direct flights from Charleston to Raleigh - you’d end up probably spending more money and time trying to fly there!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SUNDAY

Good morning,

Sunny today but rain all this coming week. Had curtains open yesterday and heated up place so heater did not run last night - hope to do same today. Also hoping for another nap with dog.

Did most of my Sunday work yesterday, so my to do list is short. Yippee!

All this snow talk - never had to drive in it and people here have no clue so if it snowed I would not bother to be out driving in it. We have enough accidents in rain.

Wave to all who follow.

• LanaCabana537

Good morning all~~

Eryn - thanks for your take on my April trip to Charleston. I like the car idea too because then, after I visit with my friends, I can take a drive out to Isle of Palms and scope out the beach house my in-laws have rented for a week in June.

Sara - I am envious of your brief Do List.

Dawn - If I ever did a doughnut in car, I would probably start crying and panic. I can't imagine what you went through.

Waving to Tess and Tracy and Suzu and all who stop by later on.

Lana

244.8 today
    250.0 highest
    201.0 Beach house goal, June
    185.0 goal
  • LanaCabana537

Hey Tess 🔊 🔊

Where in western New York are you from? (Did I ask you this already?) I grew up in Schenectady, and I went to college in Fredonia. Sometimes I would have to walk my really skinny friend Beth to her classes in the winter because she couldn't fight the wind and snow that came off of Lake Erie 😮

Lana