Hashimotos Disease

I have Hashimotos Disease so therefore an underactive thyroid. I have started on a new regime recently so hoping for some positive results. Anyone else been on Low Dose Naltrexone? As for food - I have so many restrictions due to food sensitivities that when I find something I can eat and I like I tend to go mad. I must be more mindful and not use it as an excuse. Any inspiring thoughts, ideas, would be great.

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Are you medicated for your hashi’s? Because the drug you mentioned isn’t a thyroid drug as far as I can tell...

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited January 2019
    I’ve read up on that drug, there’s a story behind it. Can’t remember and don’t have time to search. You’re right, it’s not a thyroid medicine. Believe there’s an MD in San Francisco involved with this. Again, can’t remember the details.

Edit - found it:

https://www.amymyersmd.com/2017/05/low-dose-naltrexone/

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    This thread is a bit stale, but I'm giving it a follow bump-
    I just discussed this with my Doctor today. She brought it up. LDN is an off- lable treatment. For people with Hashimoto's, it is used when labs come back "normal" but the patient is still expiriencing syptoms. It's supposed to reduce inflamation in the body, and reduce antibodies, therefor making the patient feel better. What little research I've done this morning makes this seem low risk and promising. Since I'm super "early" into the disease, and my symptoms aren't consistantly bothering me I'm just in wait and see mode. But I am curious to see if anyone has tried this, and what were your results? OP- since it been a few weeks how are you doing with this?
  • RKIANA2018
    RKIANA2018 Posts: 10 Member
    A low carb diet also decreases inflammation. My doctor has me on this and it's helping.