Not eating enough calories but I'm super full

I am a 258lb 5'8 male trying to lose weight who recently changed my diet and started tracking my calorie intake, I noticed that I am feeling too full throughout the day and I am not able to reach my goal of 1500 calories, i feel like I have to force feed myself at night just to get to 1000 calories. What can i do to not feel so full, I dont want to eat unhealthy calorie filled foods any more but by eating healthy I cant seem to reach my caloric goal. Any advice?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    How are you full? What is your macro ratio?
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    What are you eating that is only totaling 1000cal and fills you? Perhaps you're being too restrictive.
  • saintyagos
    saintyagos Posts: 8 Member
    I'm shooting for 50% protein 40%fat 10% carbs
  • L1zardQueen
    Protein is filling, especially when you increase the amount that you are not accustomed to.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    That is a very high protein percentage. Some people find protein very satiating which seems to be your case. Try lowering protein and add carbs instead. Carbs are not bad for you.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Protein amount is too high, probably the issue.

But do it for a while and you will probably start feeling hungry again. If you are trying to do keto or HFLC, you'd want to eat more fat than you currently are.
  • saintyagos
    For breakfast I had.

Cottage cheese 0.5 cups 100 calories
    Tomatoes 50grams 9 calories
    Avocado 30 grams 50 calories
    647 Wheat bread 1 slice 40 calories
    With salt black pepper and a splash of fresh squeezed lime,

For lunch I had a protein shake 340 calories

And for dinner I had
    Skinless Chicken drumstick 5 oz 255 cal
    spinach 1.5. Cups 10 cal
    lettuce 1.5 cups 20 cal
    cottage cheese 0.5 cups 100 cal
    chipotle ranch dressing 1 tbsp 85 cal
  • L1zardQueen
    How long have you been doing this diet?
  • saintyagos
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Calorie dense foods................

Instead of diet foods, instead of high volume low calorie (often low nutrition) foods make different choices.

1,000 calories (especially for an adult male) is a recipe for lean muscle, and hair loss. This isn't healthy.

Nuts, nut butters, olive oil, avocado or even ice cream. Small portions; big calories.

Will you be giving up "unhealthy foods" (what ever your definition is) forever? If not, allow yourself a treat now and then. Learn portion control for all foods, not just diet foods.

I can certainly see my self eating the food in my new diet long term as I find it quite tasty , and I'm sure I'll have the occasional cheat meal once or twice a week.
  • saintyagos
    I've only just started the diet this week, and am looking for adjustments for long term sustainability, I'm trying to lose at least 80lbs but I dont want go starve my self of calories or nutrients, At the same time I'm trying to do a low carb diet because i am sensitive to carbs and possibly at risk of developing diabetes
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    What I recommended I think will make your diet more sustainable and healthier, without really adding carbs too much, as I get you want to do low carb.
  • saintyagos
    I added 4 oz of swiss cheese, which brought Me up to 1450 calories, my macros ended up being
    41% protein 46% fat 13% carbohydrates
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    What were you eating before you started a deficit? Bring a bit of that back?
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 220 Member
    I used to eat low carb and when I first started I was not very hungry either. For the first few days I didn’t hit 1000 calories but then started to feel hungrier and was able to eat more. Maybe once your body adjusts you’ll be the same.

As others have recommended eat full fat cottage cheese, salad dressing, etc. to increase your calories.