I feel like I’ve screwed up and I’m so tempted to quit.

2»

Replies

• try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    So how are you feeling now, OP? Do things feel a little more manageable?
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    I have previously been an "all or nothing" type of person...either I'm eating healthy or I am not. When I am successful it is because I've altered this behavior. For example, last weekend I ate a lot of junk, but I was able to pick back up Monday and I've had a successful week. There are a lot of healthy crock pot recipes on Pinterest that might work for a busy mom with toddlers...
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    edited January 2019
    Life is going to happen. You're absolutely right. And with kids, you will always be trading one difficult stage for something else. It never gets easier. So with that in mind, why not start now and figure out how to push through and get where you want to be sooner rather than later? Be proactive instead of reactive. There's no better time to start than now.

If making dinner is difficult, why not brainstorm ways to make it easier to get dinners on the table? Lots of good ideas have been offered here. If you occasionally eat out, then why not look at menus ahead of time to find something that fits your calorie goal? If you like treats, why not prelog them so you can fit them in? If you have an off day, so what? Start over tomorrow. Bestow some grace on yourself and move on. Nobody is perfect. In the grand scheme of things, a few off days aren't going to matter. Ask literally anyone who has been successful losing weight (that includes me), and they'll tell you they've had off days. Accept that this is part of the process, and learn how to anticipate these things so you can set yourself up for success.
  • Running2Fit
    Running2Fit Posts: 702 Member
    Why quit? Even if you mess up a day or two each week, at least trying is going to get you further than not trying at all. Keep going and you’ll figure out how it make it all a part of your routine, quit and nothing will change. It’s not easy but it does get easier the longer you stick with it.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,286 Member
    I can imagine how hard it is to stay on a healthy eating plan with small kids and a husband. So hard! So, it isn't like it is easy. Give yourself a break.
    First.. you have to have food in your house ready to go.. you need to find a few hours to meal prep as others have said. In your case.. I'd even buy lean cuisines as a back up for emergencies.. throw some frozen vegetables on top of the meal.. microwave it ..and eat.. you'll still be under 300 calories for your dinner.. if you add a quick salad from ready made cut lettuce.. you're only at 400.

and ordering take out?girl...???? We all know that's not good.. okay tastes good..but not good for a diet EVER. boo! takeout.

You have to plan... failing is part of learning.. you can do this! you are raising twins you are amazing!!!!
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    A rule that a lot of people apply to healthy eating (Whether their aim is overall loss, gain or just to be healthier) is to the 80:20 rule. If you make sure chocolate, biscuits and junk don't make up more than 20% of your daily intake then you're not going OTT but you can still make room for the junk food if you're craving it. If you like takeaway, just have it once every couple of months (so you've had your takeaway now and in a few months you can treat yourself to another). But 2 cookies and 2 pieces of chocolate when you consider it really isn't a massive disaster.