Net calories over weekly goal

Ok...so i go from my net calories being under weekly goal. Now my net calories is over weekly goal. Is this good or bad? Will i still lose weight? Please look at screenshot. a4mg3h6qxsik.jpg

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    You are over by 60 calories?
  • naturalbeautii
    naturalbeautii Posts: 72 Member
    You are over by 60 calories?

Yes I am over by 60 calories.
  • L1zardQueen
    Are you sure your calorie counting is accurate?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member
    Your goal weight is set so you'll lose weight, right? Your margin from goal weight to maintenance is surely more than 10 calories day, then (if your 60 calories over weekly goal, that's less than 10 calories a day over your daily goal).

You should figure out what your maintenance level is, then you'll see that you're still on target to lose some weight (and only 60 calories over goal for the week is less than most people's margin of error for a day, even those who use scales and log carefully).
  • naturalbeautii
    Your goal weight is set so you'll lose weight, right? Your margin from goal weight to maintenance is surely more than 10 calories day, then (if your 60 calories over weekly goal, that's less than 10 calories a day over your daily goal).

You should figure out what your maintenance level is, then you'll see that you're still on target to lose some weight (and only 60 calories over goal for the week is less than most people's margin of error for a day, even those who use scales and log carefully).

Yes I do have my goal weight set. How do I figure out my maintenance level? I have lost 28 pounds but I want to make sure I am doing this right. Also, my goal is 1,370.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,961 Member

Yes I do have my goal weight set. How do I figure out my maintenance level? I have lost 28 pounds but I want to make sure I am doing this right. Also, my goal is 1,370.

You can work backwards. If you told MFP you wanted to lose 1 lb a week, MFP subtracted 500 cals from what it calculated your maintenance level (not counting intentional exercise) to give your goal of 1,370.

So, if you told MFP you wanted to lose 2 lbs per week, MFP believes your maintenance level is 2,370.

If you told MFP you wanted to lose 1.5 lbs per week, MFP believes your maintenance level is 2,120.

If you told MFP you wanted to lose 0.5 lbs per week, MFP believes your maintenance level is 1,620.
  • naturalbeautii
    Are you sure your calorie counting is accurate?

e6g08uy5fozk.jpg
  • naturalbeautii

You can work backwards. If you told MFP you wanted to lose 1 lb a week, MFP subtracted 500 cals from what it calculated your maintenance level (not counting intentional exercise) to give your goal of 1,370.

So, if you told MFP you wanted to lose 2 lbs per week, MFP believes your maintenance level is 2,370.

If you told MFP you wanted to lose 1.5 lbs per week, MFP believes your maintenance level is 2,120.

If you told MFP you wanted to lose 0.5 lbs per week, MFP believes your maintenance level is 1,620.

Is the 2,374 my maintenance level?

wcmndgv7d5l0.jpg
  • L1zardQueen
    I think you will be okay.
  • zakialshamy23
    zakialshamy23 Posts: 3 Member
    To good life click : https://souq.link/2H6gK7p