Weight loss and exercise

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    raysheka16 wrote: »
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    Just checked out your diary and you are not weighing all your food.

1 egg
    1 slice bread
    1 container of cottage cheese
    1 cake
    5 oz broiled lobster tail
    4 oz steamed shrimp
    1/3 cob corn
    4 chicken? wings

My guess is that the scales didn't come out to weigh any of those things when you should weigh them all. You should also never use homemade entries unless they are your own because you have no idea of how others have cooked them. You should also weigh all of your ingredients raw when possible as this is much more accurate.
    Packaged food can be out by quite a fair bit and 20 calories here and 15 calories there extra can add up over the course of the day. There are also no condiments added which means you are not logging all your food either.

And i dont know how the add my food then

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

AND

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1
  • raysheka16
    raysheka16 Posts: 33 Member
    I looked through your diary, and a lot of days don't even reach the 1000 calories you mentioned. Are you eating foods that you're not adding up?
    You don't necessarily have to add them to the diary, but you have to be honest with yourself to lose weight.

I know sometimes it doesn't reach the 1000 because I'm full for the day

It doesn't reach 1000 because you are not logging correctly.

Thats what someone told me and telling me how to do it
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Also if you are adding food that is prepackaged eg Hostess - Twinkies With Strawberry Creme, 1 cake, make sure the entry you choose has its weight rather than 1 cake or 1 slice. From that weigh the food and log the exact weight.
  • raysheka16
    Also if you are adding food that is prepackaged eg Hostess - Twinkies With Strawberry Creme, 1 cake, make sure the entry you choose has its weight rather than 1 cake or 1 slice. From that weigh the food and log the exact weight.

Ok thank you sooooo much
  • raysheka16
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Just checked out your diary and you are not weighing all your food.

1 egg
    1 slice bread
    1 container of cottage cheese
    1 cake
    5 oz broiled lobster tail
    4 oz steamed shrimp
    1/3 cob corn
    4 chicken? wings

My guess is that the scales didn't come out to weigh any of those things when you should weigh them all. You should also never use homemade entries unless they are your own because you have no idea of how others have cooked them. You should also weigh all of your ingredients raw when possible as this is much more accurate.
    Packaged food can be out by quite a fair bit and 20 calories here and 15 calories there extra can add up over the course of the day. There are also no condiments added which means you are not logging all your food either.

And i dont know how the add my food then

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

AND

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/p1

Ok thanks
  • Lillymoo01
    On top of that, you are not burning around 1000 calories with 30 minutes to 1 hour of exercise.
  • raysheka16
    On top of that, you are not burning around 1000 calories with 30 minutes to 1 hour of exercise.

Thats the Samething i say too u use the same fitness app and it just add its self
  • Lillymoo01
    What fitness app are you using?
    Don't feel bad as many make these common errors when they are logging so you certainly are not alone.
  • raysheka16
    Don't feel bad as many make these common errors when they are logging so you certainly are not alone.
    Map my fitness
  • Lillymoo01
    Map my fitness

That one is known for overestimating calorie burn. Hopefully someone who knows a more accurate formula posts to give you a better idea of how much you are burning.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    edited January 2019
    To may be give you an idea:
    I weigh 80+ pounds less than you, and inputting my weight in the treadmill today for more accurate calorie counting, about 30 minutes of moderate to brisk walking, only burned me a tiny bit over 100 calories.
    Weighing more, you will burn more, but not 500 calories. I'd say 250 tops (if doing vigorous exercise) for 30 minutes would be more accurate.
  • raysheka16
    To may be give you an idea:
    I weigh 80+ pounds less than you, and inputting my weight in the treadmill today for more accurate calorie counting, about 30 minutes of moderate to brisk walking, only burned me a tiny bit over 100 calories.
    Weighing more, you will burn more, but not 500 calories. I'd say 250 tops (if doing vigorous exercise) for 30 minutes would be more accurate.

Ok
  • raysheka16
    Map my fitness

That one is known for overestimating calorie burn. Hopefully someone who knows a more accurate formula posts to give you a better idea of how much you are burning.

Someone jus did
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Definitely use the recipe builder, and if you want you can make your own database entries instead of using the ones others have created. I've ended up doing that with about half my entries partly to ensure accuracy and I didn't add mine to the database so I know no one's going to change the nutrition on me. For things like meats, fruits and veggies I refer to the USDA database for nutrition info to use.
  • raysheka16
    Definitely use the recipe builder, and if you want you can make your own database entries instead of using the ones others have created. I've ended up doing that with about half my entries partly to ensure accuracy and I didn't add mine to the database so I know no one's going to change the nutrition on me. For things like meats, fruits and veggies I refer to the USDA database for nutrition info to use.

Ok great thank you
  • mywayroche
    mywayroche Posts: 218 Member
    Weigh your food. You aren't eating 1000 kcals unless you're extremely short and small already
  • raysheka16
    mywayroche wrote: »
    Weigh your food. You aren't eating 1000 kcals unless you're extremely short and small already
    mywayroche wrote: »

Am 5ft 1inch
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Map my fitness

I use MapMy* for entertainment purposes only, because the calories given are even more than the MFP fitness database, which many people here think are exaggerated.

Tighten up your food logging (weigh everything!), change how you count your exercise calories, and you will start seeing results.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    I'm doing all of that and i only eat 1000 calories a day

I am quite confident that you are eating more than 1000 calories a day because if that really were all you were eating you would be losing weight.

How are you measuring the amount of food you are eating?
    Are you using kitchen scales for all solids that you eat (including prepackaged foods)?
    Are you using cups and measuring spoons for all liquids consumed?
    Are you including the oil you use for cooking and the condiments you add to your meals?
    Are you checking your data that you have logged against places like the USDA website or the nutritional label on the package?
    Are you measuring your calories burned through exercise accurately and eating at least half of them back? (Many machines and apps overestimate calories burned)

If any of these give you an answer of no then it is time to tighten up on your logging so that you have better success.

I do measure my food but didn't know i should do oil and stuff like that

It is especially important to weigh calorie dense foods like oil
  • raysheka16
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'm doing all of that and i only eat 1000 calories a day

I am quite confident that you are eating more than 1000 calories a day because if that really were all you were eating you would be losing weight.

How are you measuring the amount of food you are eating?
    Are you using kitchen scales for all solids that you eat (including prepackaged foods)?
    Are you using cups and measuring spoons for all liquids consumed?
    Are you including the oil you use for cooking and the condiments you add to your meals?
    Are you checking your data that you have logged against places like the USDA website or the nutritional label on the package?
    Are you measuring your calories burned through exercise accurately and eating at least half of them back? (Many machines and apps overestimate calories burned)

If any of these give you an answer of no then it is time to tighten up on your logging so that you have better success.

I do measure my food but didn't know i should do oil and stuff like that

It is especially important to weigh calorie dense foods like oil

Ok