Intermittent Fasting folks!

2»

Replies

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    I unintentionally don’t eat breakfast, but I’ve been doing that since I was a child. It’s nothing special to me. Calories are king for weight loss whether you eat them spread throughout the day, or all in one meal.
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    My eating window - burger King drive thru

24 hrs in most places.
    Cheers!
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    I usually have breakfast around 10-11am, lunch at 2pm and dinner at 6pm. So my eating window is around 7 hours. This works well for me for both weight loss and maintenance. :)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    My results from calorie deficit have been fine. My IF eating window varies. The window is not that important. It is only a schedule and has no impact except helping you stay within your calorie goal. That is what gets results.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I'm on a 5:2 schedule, and it's working just fine!
  • terryh82
    terryh82 Posts: 18 Member
    starting my IF journey today!!
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    Is it true it's bad for women..??

I just found an article to say it bad for our hormones, thyroid and reproductive system...

It's be good to know the right thing
  • ElC_76
    ElC_76 Posts: 3,054 Member
    edited January 2019
    So what does,' woo' mean.. yes or no..? ...lol :D

I was asking question not stating anything..haha :smiley:

I was wanting to know bc I do it without even trying. I cant handle too much eating and would like some help..

Otherwise if u can't help me thanks for your time. Happy living!..xo
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    ElC_76 wrote: »
    Is it true it's bad for women..??

I just found an article to say it bad for our hormones, thyroid and reproductive system...

It's be good to know the right thing
    @ElC_76
    Woo means BS, bro science, WTF or more politely too good to be true. People tend also to use it as a dislike button.
    (I didn't woo you BTW.)

Would be helpful to link the article you refer to as it could be a reasoned argument, be based on science, a poor piece of clickbait journalism or just some random ill-educated person's opinion.

Seems highly unlikely to me that half the world's population can't skip breakfast without causing themselves health issues if that's what it actually says.....

The other problem if the article just randomly says intermittent fasting is bad for women is to know which of the many very different IF protocols is problematic. A daily fasting window is very different to ADF for example.
  • GACheesehead69
    GACheesehead69 Posts: 1 Member
    I've been on IF for 1 week using 16:8. My feasting window is 11a-7p. I work an early morning shift (in-time at 2a) so I go to bed around 7:30 or 8. I don't eat until after I get home.
    So far I'm down 1.4 pounds. I have MFP set to lose 1.5 per week, so I'm right on schedule.
    I'm currently training for a half marathon in May so I'm doing my runs on a treadmill around 4p, right in the middle of my eating window. I'm not sure if that's optimal, but it fits my schedule.
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    FYI, there’s an IF sub-forum here. It’s pretty much a ghost town currently. Why don’t you consider dropping br and stir up some discussion. That’s what I’m doing. People don’t woo you there.