WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR JANUARY 2019

Replies

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 839 Member
    Michele, I'm with you, if I don't get my exercise done first thing in the morning, it does not get done!
    KJ, hoping that all will be well, have to agree with others, if the Dr was worried, I'd like to think he/she would get you in quicker.
    Kylia, I laughed when I read your post about being the duck! Must remember that!
    My eating program is going well so far. The scale is reflecting my work, but I am experiencing some water retention, eating too many salty foods. Oh well, will just have to drink more water....
    Hugs for those who need them, congrats to those who are celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,707 Member
    Great day for laundry ... warm and windy!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited January 2019
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Felicia I’ve enjoyed your pics from vacation in Mexico. Hope being home feels great as well.

I’m sitting in the wait lot of LaGuardia airport to pick up DH and DD, it’s 11:30 pm. I’m a good wife!!! LGA is a construction nightmare—can’t imagine it at rush hour—I repeat im a a good wife who needs to be home asleep.

NYKAREN

NYKAREN LaGuardia at 11:30 p.m. Ugh. You are a good wife. And mother

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    Karen - thanks so much for linking etch. Doing links on this tablet are a bit of a pain.
    We are really going just to check it out. Don't want to go mad and spend too much on a Wednesday night! :o I will scrub up a bit though for the occasion. It is about 10 minutes walk from us, which is great. My son has never managed to get in.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Heather I enjoyed looking at that menu. It looks as if you can choose as few as 5 courses. It should be a memorable experience. Food preparation and presentation is such a fascination.
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    <3<3<3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,128 Member
    edited January 2019
    Karen - The five course option is only for lunch, unfortunately. I do feel a bit guilty at spending all that money, but I am determined to put my guilt to the back of my mind and just enjoy the occasion. No point in going otherwise. Those kind of meals are not about value for money, :o;) but more about the experience. We only do that sort of thing about once every two years.
    I'm hoping he will be as good as he was as the winner on TV!
    You have to tick a box when you book to say you don't have allergies. :o They do vegetarian, ( but not vegan, dairy free, or dietary restrictions). It must be a nightmare being a restaurateur these days!

We don't eat out often, mainly because we eat so well at home. If I do go out I like it to be something I can't, or don't, cook at home. I can't see the point of spending extra money on something I do much better and cheaper. That would really hurt. Hence we rarely eat out. When I go out with a girlfriend I try to choose things I don't cook often, like octopus, mussels or oysters. :laugh: Fish and chips (takeaway)is another thing I don't mind paying for, (although it is quite pricey), as I don't have a deep fryer. I only have about three chips (fries) off someone else's plate. >:) The Large Cod is knockout amazing, though I often leave the under batter, and I always have mushy peas and a pickled onion. It's called Wolfies and famous for its gluten free batter.

You can all see why I have to do a LOT of exercise!

Going to have a bath in a minute and take the time to ready my feet for all the exposure they will get next week at yoga and dancing. I used to wear yoga socks at my old class, but this one specifies bare feet. Not sure mine are ready!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Karen & Heather ~ You are so right about me mistaking the two restaurants! The Hove restaurant's menu looks quite confusing to this little country gal. But I must say that the menu of the Etch in Nashville also looks a bit confusing but not as much as the British one. :)

Must say that I have learned so much about foods reading through the chats. I am constantly Googling to find out about the foods some of you mention that are so foreign to me! :)

Carol in GA <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    The last week has been an absolute whirlwind with the beginning of the new term. I have been popping in and out to read but have had no time to comment. I just fell further and further behind. So I just decided to start over on page 40.

My sympathies are with those of you who are having struggles. I hope things resolve themselves for you all as soon as possible.

It’s wonderful to see all the successes and pictures that you are posting.

💓 Have a wonderful weekend 💓
    Irish Terri
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Karen & Heather ~ You are so right about me mistaking the two restaurants! The Hove restaurant's menu looks quite confusing to this little country gal. But I must say that the menu of the Etch in Nashville also looks a bit confusing but not as much as the British one. :)

Must say that I have learned so much about foods reading through the chats. I am constantly Googling to find out about the foods some of you mention that are so foreign to me! :)

Carol in GA <3

Carol, I am a country gal cook and really that’s all I actually enjoy. I grew up in potato country in New Brunswick near the headquarters of McCain’s foods. I like meat, potatoes and vegetables. Only a couple of salads, no dressings or sauces except spaghetti sauce. I too am amazed of what others eat.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Lisa - what a beautiful thing, helping that lady. She will remember that simple act of kindness for years to come.
    I hope your issues resolve before your son goes away too. My husband always told the girls that when we were left home alone, we ran around the house naked. I wish that were still true and he would chase me like he once did.

I am waiting on my eldest daughter and grandchildren to show up. We will be going to do some shopping today at Costco. I don’t need a lot, but our car is out of commission right now and we have no money to fix it. I am praying it’s not a major repair.

Tomorrow my youngest daughter is coming so that we can design her wedding invitations. This will be the 7th set of invitations I have made. We will design it tomorrow so that I can order supplies and have them ready for mid- February when her bridal party and future MIL are here to assemble. The bridal party have been ordering their dresses this week as they are on sale for 20% off. It is almost a $70 savings for them.

I don’t have much more to add, have a great day everyone!
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Tracey: “Visible” is a great choice for your word. :smiley:

Beth: Our house is not usually cluttered except for the shared home office, which is always a sty, and the garage which is better since we took the Christmas boxes back up into the attic. At the moment, the kitchen is a wreck because DH is still working on installing the new dishwasher. :ohwell: I think he is nearly done. (Keeping my fingers crossed.)

Bonnie: Congrats on the new desk! :star:

Kate UK: I’m sorry for the loss of your friend and neighbor. Your gift of flowers meant something to her. You were a good friend to her. :heart:

(((Sue in WA))): I’m glad for your DH that he can have a treat after his visits to the cancer center. Looking at Wendy’s menu makes it clear that it is a big challenge to find low calorie, high nutrition food, possibly impossible. I’m sure low calorie isn’t an issue for him, but it would be a challenge for you. :heart:

Becca: You are blessed, indeed. You are so lucky to have your son in your home. :heart:

Lanette: Short winter is right. We haven’t even had a hard frost, just a couple of very light ones. :noway:

Michelle: Night sweats seem worrisome to me. My dad used to have them. He had nightmares and also had heart problems. I hope Vince doesn’t have either of those issues. :heart: Machka is right in saying that night sweats can be gallbladder related. I know from personal experience how painful & horrible gallstones can be and I've experienced those night sweats myself. :devil: Gallbladder surgery was a blessing in my life. :star:

Lisa: It sounds to me like you were a Guardian Angel for the woman in the restroom. Sometimes everyday people get the opportunity to help a stranger. You were her Angel. :star:

Mary: Your photos are fabulous! :bigsmile:

This will be day 2 of dishwasher installation. I hope it is finished asap. There is an appliance store here in town that does in home repairs. We may call on them to help finish the installation if it is necessary.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    edited January 2019
    Morning ladies
    I'm at work and it's been a little crazy..but I'm muddling through.. I have to do a bit of grocery shopping and a little bit if cooking. Then will help Kitty with her shower tonight...just for ha ha was looking at online dating sites...not alot of pickens out there ..and being overweight and a bit self conscious doesn't help either.. we shall see..