The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    A good book and free is you are unlimited kindle on Amazon is: A Sober Year Daily Musings on an Alcohol-Free Life By Meredith Bell. Everyday it has a few paragraphs to read. Inspirational.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    I’m doing well. But lately feel depressed. I blame everything on hormones :D . And of course the cloudy grey weather doesn’t help here in Ohio. @JenT304 What a sweet idea of donating your savings to your sister. I haven’t had a lot of time to comment on everyone’s posts but I am reading them. Hugs to all! Xo

You're right, the cloudy, grey weather doesn't help. I have used a therapy light in the past & found it to be very helpful. I had a huge dinosaur of a light an elderly friend gave to me years ago. It's interesting to me how I found it to be helpful, but for some reason I stopped using it...It took up quite a bit of space on my dining room table and I remember one year just toughing out the depression rather than setting it up again...and it requires time. This one recommends sitting in front of it for one hour daily...I got rid of the dinosaur light 2 moves ago because of the size of it and just never replaced it...this one is the size of a 12" tablet and is VERY bright. It helps with circadian rhythm promoting a better quality sleep as well as other things that help with SAD.

It definitely helps me, BUT it isn't a cure all. Depression can be multi-layered. So, I hope you find the source of yours <3 I find YouTube very helpful in my emotional struggles.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    edited January 2019
    Love mediation as well! Insight app is awesome and free!
  • Yellowstone1983
    Yellowstone1983 Posts: 131 Member
    Thanks Ruby for welcoming me!
  • Yellowstone1983
    edited January 2019
    @RubyRed427 Wishing you a good sober day! I feel you with the looking so much better when not drinking.. I want to maintain my looks while I still have them.. Also, it seems like you're good at filling your time with pleasant activities throughout the day and that's something I think I should try to get better at.
  • Yellowstone1983

BTW you weren't "rambling." You're talking to the Queen of Ramble here...I like to call it "venting"...perfectly acceptable in this space. Each of us has the freedom to read or not read. So, please do not hold back from spilling what you need to spill, no apologies necessary. :)