First Day at The Gym

Think back to your first day at the gym. What do you wish someone would have told you before you went? What do you wish you knew while you were there? Also, what's advice that you could give for someone who is just starting at the gym.

(I've been on and off on here for two months. Just logging food in. I finally got a gym membership, today. Plan on going today or tomorrow.)

Replies

• penny_heathwood
    penny_heathwood Posts: 6 Member
    Congratulations at starting at the gym. No 1. get advice from the training team. No 2. don't go too hard at the start. No 3. keep going and try different things until you find something that you enjoy. No 4. don't be intimidated. Keep going and you will make friends and get support from other members. No 5. Enjoy.
  • KTaurusW0516
    KTaurusW0516 Posts: 126 Member
    Congratulations at starting at the gym. No 1. get advice from the training team. No 2. don't go too hard at the start. No 3. keep going and try different things until you find something that you enjoy. No 4. don't be intimidated. Keep going and you will make friends and get support from other members. No 5. Enjoy.

Thank you! I will do my best, for sure. :)
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Don't worry about what anyone else is doing or thinking. Focus on yourself.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    If I recall correctly ( this was only a couple of months ago), I was just trying to figure out how much I can actually lift.

I did some research and had a plan what to do and which equipment to use so I never felt the need for advice from others ( so far).

My advice is not to act timid while you're there because you will stick out. Just go there and do your thing and go your way when you're done. Also clean the equipment after using it and try to be aware of your surroundings, give people space so as not to bump into them, you can hurt yourself or the other person if the equipment falls on you.