Gettin badly discouraged

Phirrgus
Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
Is what I let derail me a couple of years ago.

I've been logging "loosely" for about 3 weeks now to get used to it again and today is the first day of serious logging + serious exercise. I'm posting this as sort of a "this is it" note to myself, but I know being disillusioned/discouraged is common in the weight loss/fitness world so I'm also hoping this might help someone else buck up and carry on as well.

Lessons learned: "Life happens" whether I'm eating right or not, exercising or not. I can choose to push through or fall off. Granted, I wasn't in any condition to exercise for a while due to surgeries and illness, but I chose very badly on the food front and gained back 12 of the 24lbs I had initially lost.

Got some absolutely awesome advice from AnnPT77 in this thread:
https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

And have that little thing going on inside right now that lets me know I'm fully back on track today. It's a great feeling and I hope anyone else getting discouraged like I did gets it back as well.

Stats:
59 year old male
183.8 going for 174

Starting with a lighter variation of Hugh Jackman's Wolverine workout tailored for me.
https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/hugh-jackman-workout-routine

Will also be incorporating spinning for cardio.

Right now, the food is more of a challenge than the dumbed down workout :D

Good luck on your journey folks.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    I was mid fifties when I lost the 70 pounds I had been carrying around for the better part of 15 years.

It was time.

You'll be so glad you've done this.

One day at a time, friend.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited January 2019
    I tell always tell myself something similar. The time will pass anyway. It's your choice and actions that will dictate if you are better, worse, or stagnate, but next week/month/year will arrive regardless (assuming I'm there to arrive with it).

It's taken me 2 years, one big false start, and multiple stretches at maintenance (a better option than going off the rails) to lose 50 pounds. Now I'm just playing with vanity weight, and am very happy I stayed the course.

The Ann Plan(TM) is great!
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Thanks folks - I actually feel good :D better than I have in a long time. And the Ann Plan lol, Love it :)