I joined the gym!!!

Very scared of actually but Iโ€™ve joined! Hoping to get some swimming in too.

I have a lot of weight to lose but today is a big step ๐Ÿ˜Š

Replies

• tabatha400
    tabatha400 Posts: 2 Member
    Everybody starts somewhere! That's a great step.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Yay! Well done!
  • stewykins43_
    stewykins43_ Posts: 58 Member
    Fellow newbie here! I joined Planet Fitness the last week of December. I've been going during non-peak hours, which is awesome when your schedule allows.

Even showing up is more than most people do, so give yourself some much due credit!! We got this! ๐Ÿ’–
  • VW_mamabug
    VW_mamabug Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you everyone Iโ€™m petrified but quite looking forward to it at the same time!

Please feel free to add me ๐Ÿ˜
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    youre doing better than everyone at home on their couch :)

good job!
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Excellent news! Make the best of it. Remember people there are almost always thinking about their own workout and even the fittest ones started somewhere. They don't forget that.
  • amovin21
    amovin21 Posts: 42 Member
    Way to go! I joined the YMCA on Sunday and tonight will be the first time going. Iโ€™m nervous too, which I know is silly for reasons everyone has said (others are focused on themselves not anyone else and even they had to start somewhere). Best of luck to you! I hope you enjoy it and we both stick with it! ๐Ÿ˜Š
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,717 Member
    Well done! which exercises/machines/classes do you think you'll try first?
    And I just wanted to say that your doggie is adorable!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    That's awesome! I finally got myself into the weight room at my community center after joining 4+ years ago to swim. I hired a trainer to start a lifting program and I love it. I think that each time you go and finish your workout, you'll feel just a little more confident until you really don't think about it anymore. It's hard to start, but you already got the ball rolling. Great job!!
  • VW_mamabug
    VW_mamabug Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2019
    Iโ€™m just starting off with some cardio and was shown some exercises to strengthen my lower back. Still a bit scared to to a class but would love to try yoga or Pilates
  • lalabank
    lalabank Posts: 1,009 Member
    I joined the local YMCA for the first time in my life at 41 in October. I was so nervous!
    Definitely try some classes. I canโ€™t believe I waited so long to do this.
    Congratulations! A wonderful new world has just opened up to you.