What We're Eating

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Breakfast: cottage cheese, banana, coffee.

Lunch: leftover (thin crust, pineapple) pizza, side salad (spinach, beets, lemon-herb vinaigrette).

Dinner: taco night! Homemade carnitas and guacamole tacos, cucumber-tomato salad.
  • Floydy89
    Floydy89 Posts: 23 Member
    B: 500g carrots

L: 200g spinach
    Chicken mulligatawny soup

S: 450g cucumber
    Grenade Jaffa Quake protein bar
    Tuna salad

D: will most likely be sandwiches

Operating at quite a big deficit over the course of the week so may chuck in an extra couple of snacks and go over my calories for the day
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited January 2019
    Breakfast:
    Carrot cake pancake w/butter&syrup, ham, 2 eggs over medium/hard, 2 cups of coffee w/cream

Lunch:
    1 cup of milky oolong, 1 cup of Gotu Kola tea, 1 cup of dandelion root tea

Dinner:
    super thinly sliced and lightly but thoroughly cooked and corned beef brisket/pastrami brisket sandwich loaded with lean brisket corned beef (at least 4-6 oz) and mixed with brisket pastrami (maybe 2 oz or so)on New York seeded rye with lots of mustard, plain potato chips, water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    2 cara cara oranges, cup of super delicious blueberries and maybe a bit of chocolate ice cream
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Two hashbrowns. Smoothie with spinach and mixed frozen fruit (mango, peach, strawberry)
    4 small whole grain tortilla wraps with homemade seitan, spinach and hummus
    5 gardein crispy tenders
    Parboiled rice with kidney beans and cabbage
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Morning: cup of coffee with sugar free vanilla creamer
    Took kids to the doctor so we ate mcdonalds...I had an egg white delight, a hash brown and a iced coffee.
    Snack was a protein cookie
    Dinner is bbq chicken, baked potato and veggies.
    Might indulge in some ice cream later 🤓
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Breakfast: didn't have

Lunch:
    *savory oatmeal (1/2 cup extra thick rolled oats, 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds, 2 poached eggs, 2 small-ish tomatoes, black pepper)
    *4 slices of whole-wheat toast with 1 tbsp coconut butter divided evenly between them (I really wished I had jam too)
    *1 cup of green grapes

Snacks:
    *2 mugs of decaf green tea
    *6 squares of Green and Black's salted caramel dark chocolate

Dinner:
    *2 Taco Bell fresco style (aka veganized) black bean burritos...my friends invited me out but I was really tired due to insomnia for the past two days, so I cleaned my apartment instead. Then I was REALLY too tired to cook after that, so I asked my husband to bring food on the way home and Taco Bell was the only place with vegetarian options open by then.
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Breakfast............ 1boiled egg, 1slice wholemeal toast
    Lunch................. 1 avocado, king prawns, seafood sauce, nectarine
    Dinner................ Homemade cottage pie [incorporating vegetables] + cabbage
    Snacks............... Walkers Crisps - cheese & onion, grapes
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Breakfast: Scrambled Eggs

Lunch: Italian Meatball Wrap w/ Apple Sauce

Dinner: Leftover Salmon w/ Brown Rice

Other: Coke (can), York Minis x2, 3L Water
  • Floydy89
    Floydy89 Posts: 23 Member
    B: 3 large eggs, 20g cheese, 100g spinach, 200g broccoli

S: scoop ON Chocolate whey, 175g sugar free jelly, tin of tuna with ricecakes

D/further S: remains to be seen but had 4 boxes of Quest bars arrive today so likely they feature!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited January 2019
    Breakfast:
    2 cups of Dandelion Root tea, 1 cup of dried garlic tea ( I don't drink these teas one after another, but sip them thru-out the morning and afternoon)

Lunch:
    6-7 chilled thin sliced fresh pineapple rings, 1 cup of fresh blueberries, big hand full of salted walnuts/pecans and almonds water to drink

Dinner: (YUMMY repeat from last night)
    super thinly sliced and lightly but thoroughly cooked and corned beef brisket/pastrami brisket sandwich loaded with lean brisket corned beef (at least 4-6 oz) and mixed with brisket pastrami (maybe 2 oz or so)on New York seeded rye with lots of mustard, hot potato chips, water to drink

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    2 cara cara oranges, cup of mint chocolate ice cream, maybe some shelled/roasted/salted peanuts
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Chickpea flour pancake with coconut and maple syrup
    Chickpea pasta with vegan meatballs in tomato sauce. Steamed broccoli
    Vega chocolate protein shake
    Pizza - black bean patty crumble, bbq sauce, a bit of vegan cheese, and arugula. Pear.
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited January 2019
    Breakfast: didn't have

Lunch: went to an Italian restaurant in town (my town is super Italian) and had a giant bowl of bowtie pasta with pesto sauce, and a bit of grated cheese and tomato on top

Snack: 16oz of unsweetened iced green tea from Starbucks

Dinner: this was a "using things up before they go bad" dinner so it was kind of random
    *2 poached eggs
    *a bowl with 1/3 of a block of boiled tempeh, 1/2 cup brown rice farina (a faster cooking alternative to brown rice), and 4/3 cup frozen broccoli and cauliflower (cooked with the farina)
    *a plate with 1/3 container white bean hummus, baby carrots, and a tomato, with McCormick black garlic seasoning on the carrots and tomato
    *vitamin D3 supplement

Dessert (didn't have yet): a mug of honeybush tea and half a serving of Green and Black's 85% dark chocolate
  • Ilysandrew11
    Ilysandrew11 Posts: 133 Member
    Yesterday
    Breakfast cup of coffee with sugar free vanilla creamer
    2 eggs with a little cheese and some ham and a slice of whole wheat bread
    Lunch was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and some veggie straws
    Dinner was cheese tortellini and a side salad.
    Then I had a 1/2 cup ice cream 🍦
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    Today is Sunday = Sunday lunch :)

B = 2 Weetabix, blueberries and semi-skimmed milk
    L = Roast Chicken, roast potatoes, butternut squash, tenderstem broccoli, carrots, Brussel sprouts and gravy
    D = Cheese and wholewheat toast
  • ChrysalisCove
    ChrysalisCove Posts: 975 Member
    Breakfast: Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal

Lunch: Assorted half-/third-portion leftovers

Dinner: Meatloaf

Snack: Coke, York Mini Peppermint Patty
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited January 2019
    Yesterday (Splurge Saturday with nonstop activity most of the day and evening)
    Breakfast: tiramisu Greek yogurt, 1 fried egg with hot sauce, coffee
    Lunch: 1/2 size pasta alfredo with chicken, mushrooms, peas, topped with Provel cheese, side salad (dry) and a small slice Italian bread with butter and garlic
    Snacks: 3 blueberry Munchkins & iced black coffee at Dunkin, small bag of baby carrots, 1/2 banana
    Dinner: 2 huge slices super thin NY style pizza, one cheese and one supreme

Today:
    Breakfast (larger than normal): 2 thick slices French toast, one with peanut butter & sugar free maple syrup, one with butter & lemon curd. Coffee.
    Lunch (lighter than normal): albacore tuna on a salad with celery, carrots & onion, smoothie made with 1 banana, unsweetened almond milk & raspberries
    Dinner: mock duck in a huge veggie stir fry with spicy sauce over brown rice, hot cocoa for "dessert"
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Yesterday (Splurge Saturday with nonstop activity most of the day and evening)
    Breakfast: tiramisu Greek yogurt, 1 fried egg with hot sauce, coffee
    Lunch: 1/2 size pasta alfredo with chicken, mushrooms, peas, topped with Provel cheese, side salad (dry) and a small slice Italian bread with butter and garlic
    Snacks: 3 blueberry Munchkins & iced black coffee at Dunkin, small bag of baby carrots, 1/2 banana
    Dinner: 2 huge slices super thin NY style pizza, one cheese and one supreme

Today:
    Breakfast (larger than normal): 2 thick slices French toast, one with peanut butter & sugar free maple syrup, one with butter & lemon curd. Coffee.
    Lunch (lighter than normal): albacore tuna on a salad with celery, carrots & onion, smoothie made with 1 banana, unsweetened almond milk & raspberries
    Dinner: mock duck in a huge veggie stir fry with spicy sauce over brown rice, hot cocoa for "dessert"

What is your 'mock duck'?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    vegmebuff...it just comes in a can at the Asian food store...I don't even know what it actually is, to be honest! My husband puts it in the stir fry and it tastes awesome, just like the mock duck at a Vietnamese restaurant.
  • iseewholewheat
    iseewholewheat Posts: 18 Member
    Breakfast: instant breakfast with double milk, cup of blackberries and raspberries, and multivitamin
    Lunch: Pablano, leek, and potato soup
    Dinner: sesame salmon and green beans
    Dessert: cup of bourbon and brown sugar ice cream (unfortunately not actually a bourbon drink... booooo dry January)
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Gevalia mocha cappuccino
    Snack: Sour cream and cheddar Ruffles
    Lunch: Leftover homemade hamburger helper thing- ground chicken cooked with onion and garlic in leftover mac and cheese sauce with noodles. Sounds weird but it was amazing. ;-;
    Dinner: Buffalo chicken deli slices on a bun with cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a side cup of New England Clam Chowder Soup

It's the first snowy day here since I moved to MD and now makes me want hot cocoa.... so I forsee multiple cups of that in my future today!